First 123

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Hmm. I dunno. You've presented me with a conundrum.

I guess, in that case, I'd just keep punching.
    Ahh, the age old bank robber/punching conundrum. It sounds like you've really thought this one through.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Whatever you do don't leave a book on "How to Rob a Bank" in plain view in your car as you case the bank like my buddy did.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Isn't classic bank robbery mostly pointless in the era of "electric money" ?

However if I have to choose the means no matter how apsurd or unrealistic they are I would choose: the full scale military invasion on a neighbouring country. Why plan for so much details and security systems , why run from the cops when you can obliterate them all with air strikes before they even realize what is going on, why prefering a risky robbery of one bank when you can rob hundereds of them and claim all the money and do pretty much anything you want with it ? (like increasing military strenght of your country)

I know that this is probably not the answer you were looking for but none the less this is my answer.

Let's say you are going to go rob a bank.

1. What is your reason for doing so?
    Because why not?

2. How do you go about the execution of this robbery?
    Use a government corporation to convince society into thinking it's in their best interest.

3. What do spend the money on?
    Drugs, women, food, booze, cars/motorcycles, planes, guns/weapons, more women, a yacht, a big resort home, and funding for research in creating an army of gay Jewish mutant ninja turtles.

The world will be full of Happy Bat Mitzvah's for all! I don't think I could imagine a more perfect society.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I would own the bank.

I would syphon off the depositors' money in derivatives, then I would declare that I would default on my depositors unless the Reserve Bank bailed me out.

The only hitch is that it has already been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Pfffttt..rob a bank? Peanuts. White collar crime is where it's at.
    Yeah. Depressing, but true. And don't worry, Victor -- you just didn't include the followup -- spend your ill-gotten loot on "campaign contributions" to drive policy in a manner that will re-enable another heist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post

1. To become filthy rich... Is there another reason to rob a bank?

2. With my balls out.

3. Funding future heists... You know, the nice Mercedes, big explosions and the medical bills for one of my partners that gets lit up and is on the verge of bleeding out.

MBTI
    IsFJ

You see, I've devised a flawless plan. I'll deposit $500 in my account and, the next week... I'll withdraw it. The police will never suspect... It is, indeed, the perfect crime!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post

1. To set myself up for the rest of my life. One,and you're done. Do it once,do it right.

2. It would have to be big, quick and untraceable. Nothing that needs to be laundered,sold or personal. (like family jewels from a safe-deposit box). No other people involved. It would be simple. "Oceans 11" was a great movie, but WAY to complicated. Could it work,sure. But to much to go wrong. And like I said. One, and done. Greed is what gets most robbers caught,along with talkative helpers.

3. I would spend it on fruity alcoholic drinks with umbrellas in them brought to me by scantily clad women on a beach on an island where most of the people don't speak English or ask questions.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

1. because working is boring

2. stealing it one piece of a time through peoples' identities... slower means that it's tougher to catch onto... and if it's done from a variety of banks and to a variety of people who HAVE the resources to afford it, it would be a lot harder to catch on to who did it or that it's even being DONE. I'm not greedy, I don't need a ton of money or anything... $2,000 a week or so would be awesome!

3. life expenses and the expenses of moving and appearing to have a job... the occasional vacation and such
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett