Hmm. I dunno. You've presented me with a conundrum.
I guess, in that case, I'd just keep punching.
Ahh, the age old bank robber/punching conundrum. It sounds like you've really thought this one through.
06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box
Whatever you do don't leave a book on "How to Rob a Bank" in plain view in your car as you case the bank like my buddy did.
I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.
Originally Posted by Edgar
Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"
Isn't classic bank robbery mostly pointless in the era of "electric money" ?
However if I have to choose the means no matter how apsurd or unrealistic they are I would choose: the full scale military invasion on a neighbouring country. Why plan for so much details and security systems , why run from the cops when you can obliterate them all with air strikes before they even realize what is going on, why prefering a risky robbery of one bank when you can rob hundereds of them and claim all the money and do pretty much anything you want with it ? (like increasing military strenght of your country)
I know that this is probably not the answer you were looking for but none the less this is my answer.
I would syphon off the depositors' money in derivatives, then I would declare that I would default on my depositors unless the Reserve Bank bailed me out.
The only hitch is that it has already been done.
Originally Posted by Jenaphor
Pfffttt..rob a bank? Peanuts. White collar crime is where it's at.
Yeah. Depressing, but true. And don't worry, Victor -- you just didn't include the followup -- spend your ill-gotten loot on "campaign contributions" to drive policy in a manner that will re-enable another heist.
2. How do you go about the execution of this robbery?
3. What do spend the money on?
1. To set myself up for the rest of my life. One,and you're done. Do it once,do it right.
2. It would have to be big, quick and untraceable. Nothing that needs to be laundered,sold or personal. (like family jewels from a safe-deposit box). No other people involved. It would be simple. "Oceans 11" was a great movie, but WAY to complicated. Could it work,sure. But to much to go wrong. And like I said. One, and done. Greed is what gets most robbers caught,along with talkative helpers.
3. I would spend it on fruity alcoholic drinks with umbrellas in them brought to me by scantily clad women on a beach on an island where most of the people don't speak English or ask questions.
2. stealing it one piece of a time through peoples' identities... slower means that it's tougher to catch onto... and if it's done from a variety of banks and to a variety of people who HAVE the resources to afford it, it would be a lot harder to catch on to who did it or that it's even being DONE. I'm not greedy, I don't need a ton of money or anything... $2,000 a week or so would be awesome!
3. life expenses and the expenses of moving and appearing to have a job... the occasional vacation and such
Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett