Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Market America

Any experiences?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Looked it up. Looks like some kind of vitamin dealer? Do they generally have lower prices than more well-known sources like vitamin world or super supplements?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

They do have vitamins. But it's really this online marketplace where with a small investment, (actually just buying things) up to 500 dollars, you can kind of have your own business. 2 of your friends under you. They buy things, you profit a little. 2 friends under those people, and so on and so forth. You move up along the line, profiting from everyone below you buying things, and eventually, if you do it right, you can make a decent weekly profit.

They are partnered with some big businesses like Sears and Ebay. They give discounts for buying things through Market America. (Who also has a lot of their own products.)

A couple of my friends are doing it. (Friends that actually don't know each other, thought it was random that this was already brought to me by two separate people.) I guess all you have to lose is your initial investment.

I'm not in business, (one of the friends is, she explained it better), so excuse the over simplified explanation. I need to read more about it.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    They do have vitamins. But it's really this online marketplace where with a small investment, (actually just buying things) up to 500 dollars, you can kind of have your own business. 2 of your friends under you. They buy things, you profit a little. 2 friends under those people, and so on and so forth. You move up along the line, profiting from everyone below you buying things, and eventually, if you do it right, you can make a decent weekly profit.

They are partnered with some big businesses like Sears and Ebay. They give discounts for buying things through Market America. (Who also has a lot of their own products.)

A couple of my friends are doing it. (Friends that actually don't know each other, thought it was random that this was already brought to me by two separate people.) I guess all you have to lose is your initial investment.

I'm not in business, (one of the friends is, she explained it better), so excuse the over simplified explanation. I need to read more about it.
    I'd be really careful with that. Sounds like amway or quixtar. It's really, really difficult to actually make money in a pyramid scheme. Unless you are very experienced in business and sales, I'd advise against it.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I'd be really careful with that. Sounds like amway or quixtar. It's really, really difficult to actually make money in a pyramid scheme. Unless you are very experienced in business and sales, I'd advise against it.
    Which is why I'm looking for real life experiences with the business

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

garbage

Personal experience?

A few friends of mine did this. I attended their business's "grand opening," which consisted of people above them trying to hawk vitamins and other health goods at us, trying desperately to get sales. Among other pleasant activities, we watched a boring video about some hand cream.

Their "bosses" had some product miracle demonstrations, too. They had me try to touch my toes. Then, they had me take a few sips of their bullshit miracle water. Then, they had me try to touch my toes again, and they tried to convince the room that the bullshit miracle water made me more flexible.

I almost bought something from my friends because they were my friends and I wanted to support them. But then I decided that they weren't thaaat good of friends, so I politely snuck out of the room.

Overall, the whole venture seemed so.. soulless. My friends were pretty uncomfortable and obviously not enthusiastic about what they were doing. They had wanted me to be a part of the business venture as well. I politely declined.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Unless you are very experienced in business and sales, I'd advise against it.
    Basically, this. If you can get past a few disgruntled people like me, and if you don't mind trying to promote wares with all your heart, it might be feasible.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Personal experience?

A few friends of mine did this. I attended their business's "grand opening," which consisted of people above them trying to hawk vitamins and other health goods at us, trying desperately to get sales. Among other pleasant activities, we watched a boring video about some hand cream.

Their "bosses" had some product miracle demonstrations, too. They had me try to touch my toes. Then, they had me take a few sips of their bullshit miracle water. Then, they had me try to touch my toes again, and they tried to convince the room that the bullshit miracle water made me more flexible.

I almost bought something from my friends because they were my friends and I wanted to support them. But then I decided that they weren't thaaat good of friends, so I politely snuck out of the room.

Overall, the whole venture seemed so.. soulless. My friends were pretty uncomfortable and obviously not enthusiastic about what they were doing. They had wanted me to be a part of the business venture as well. I politely declined.

Basically, this. If you can get past a few disgruntled people like me, and if you don't mind trying to promote wares with all your heart, it might be feasible.
    Ick, that's awful! The way it was explained to me was that you can buy things that you actually need through them as well.. (toilet paper and stuff) and then get people below you to do the same thing. (laughing at the prospect of seeing "Market America" toilet paper piled up in my bathroom)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

A window to the soul

Which is why I'm looking for real life experiences with the business
    Based on the reponse, is this a no go? I'm curious how ESFP's think in regards to this topic.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Based on the reponse, is this a no go? I'm curious how ESFP's think.
    I need more information, leaning towards no.

I would recommend starting a thread, "how do ESFP's think?" Possibly put us in various situations. I don't think you're going to get an answer in this thread, unless you're only curious about how 1 ESFP (who is not in the business field), thinks about Market America.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

A window to the soul

I need more information, leaning towards no.
    There might be feedback on the BBB website too.