Thread: Market America

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    There might be feedback on the BBB website too.
    Yes. I will go there. The second friend said it is rated well by the better business bureau, but it won't hurt to have a look.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yes. I will go there. The second friend said it is rated well by the better business bureau, but it won't hurt to have a look.
    Looks good. They have an 'A' rating. That's if I was looking at the correct company. Have you researched how well some of their products are selling on eBay? It might still be worth your while to try it, if the initial investment is only $500; that might also satisfy your curiousity. You might find that you have to do a lot of work listing products, packing, and shipping for the small profit you would make. Also, something else to consider before investing in products... if you are planning to primarily sell online, research your competition and see how much of same or similar products are listed in the online marketplaces you want to sell in.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Looks good. They have an A rating. That's if I was looking at the correct company.
    Yea, the one I looked at (which was the right company, because it had the website I was referred to), got an A+. The thing that sounds the most frustrating is the original step, getting 500 dollars spent towards Market America products to be able to start "the business." (I guess as a consumer through Market America, you can actually buy from a lot of other places as well through them, but the 500 needs to go to Market America.) Sounds like that's what the sales pitches are all about.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Pyramid schemes...see also Amway, Herbalife (part of Amway), cutco knives (vector marketing), Bernie Madoff etc., Don't bother. They pump you up and show the few people who make a good living and get you excited and tell you how rich you can get..."if it's too good to be true...it probably is".
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My Dad used to do Amway and now he does a bunch similar online that he keeps trying to get me involved in. I don't know Market America by name but it sounds similar to what he does. I don't want to do those because they just don't seem "aboveboard". I agree with the posters that said a few people make money (the higher-ups) but thats it. Every one else just spins their wheels pushing products.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioINTP View Post
    Pyramid schemes...see also Amway, Herbalife (part of Amway), cutco knives (vector marketing), Bernie Madoff etc., Don't bother. They pump you up and show the few people who make a good living and get you excited and tell you how rich you can get..."if it's too good to be true...it probably is".
    ^ Probably so. I think this is a good experience for her either way.

@shortnsweet: Another thing to think about is going out on your own and starting your own business. You could do something similar in the way of selling products. Let's say you want to test the waters online, I'm thinking the trick is to find a wholesale supplier for a high profit item that few retailers have and everybody wants. I'm guessing you will still want to be careful before commiting to buy any wholesale products in bulk, sight unseen -- even with Market America. I would speak to someone in person and ask them to purchase/send a sample of their product(s). Also, get references so you can talk to some of their clients, kind of like what you're trying to do here in talking to others that have experience with Market America. Again, I'm just throwing out ideas.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

^ Probably so. I think this is a good experience for her either way.

@shortnsweet: Another thing to think about is going out on your own and starting your own business. You could do something similar in the way of selling products. Let's say you want to test the waters online, I'm thinking the trick is to find a wholesale supplier for a high profit item that few retailers have and everybody wants. I'm guessing you will still want to be careful before commiting to buy any wholesale products in bulk, sight unseen -- even with Market America. I would speak to someone in person and ask them to purchase/send a sample of their product(s). Also, get references so you can talk to some of their clients, kind of like what you're trying to do here in talking to others that have experience with Market America. Again, I'm just throwing out ideas.
    Actually, I probably won't end up doing it. Day job's demanding enough! I'm really interested to see how it works out with friend 2 though. (Don't think it will go far at all with friend 1.) I am curious to see if friend 2 is successful.

@Scorpio.
    Cutco is the sketchiest one. I had a "group interview" with them in some sketchy old apartment building about 8 years ago. Needless to say, I all but ran screaming away from them.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.