User Tag List

12 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default Has MBTI/Typology been a big factor in your life?

Although I post this in the bonfire, I'm quite interested in this in seriousness as well.

Mine would probably be a bit more boring. If I hadn't found something of similar or more interest to spend some time on. That is to say, 'knowledge' about MBTI or typology have never been of much influence in my environment.

But I can imagine it may have been a big change for some people, having a different perspective on life changing descisions, such as relationships, job oppertunities, etc? And I'd love to hear the what and why behind it!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I would say MBTI has been a big factor in the means rather than the ends.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

By understanding more about people around me, I have been able to understand more about myself. It helps me see things from different perspectives, and in turn improves my own decision making. I don't think anything life changing occurs, but decisions seem to be smarter and smoother in general.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I think MBTI helped me to learn about myself quite much, which then again increased my self-confidence a bit and made me feel more content with myself. I don't know though if that has any influence on my life in any "measurable" way yet, my life didn't change much since I started to learn about MBTI.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Nope, not at all.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP

Only for introspection. I don't usually bother trying to speculate on other people's typology, mine is complicated enough. Still, it is very refreshing to find a person with a type so that we may get together and laugh at the stereotypes, together, for our respective types and our type-interactions.

Phantonym

MBTI/Typology hasn't been much of a positive factor in my life at all. It led me to TypoC which has been life-changing, but other than that, I don't think I've managed to make any good use of it or ever will. I had somewhat high hopes of finding use in it to mostly understand myself better, but it's only made things worse and I've felt more lost than ever. So, I guess this actually means that MBTI/Typology has been a huge factor in my life after all, in stirring up all sorts of trouble I otherwise might not have found on my own. That might turn out to be something positive eventually.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

MBTI/Typology has definitely been a positive factor in my life. The first effect finding my type had was to reassure me that there are actually other people in the world who have the same struggles that I do. Being an INFJ can make you feel rather alone in the world at times! The second positive effect has been in the area of career counseling. It has been extremely valuable to me to actually know what career choices seem to offer the best fit for my type. Even with that knowledge I've had a terrible time deciding what career to pursue and am still waffling between art and psychology. If I didn't at least have a list of INFJ careers to choose from, well..... God help me! The third effect is that I found typo C, and have benefited from talking to quite a few intelligent and interesting people here and have received support and encouragement as well. Finally, the fourth effect is that when I'm sitting in my least favorite class (which is quite boring at times), I entertain myself by trying to figure out who's an SJ (art education majors) vs. SP (graphic design). It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Although I post this in the bonfire, I'm quite interested in this in seriousness as well.

Mine would probably be a bit more boring. If I hadn't found something of similar or more interest to spend some time on. That is to say, 'knowledge' about MBTI or typology have never been of much influence in my environment.

But I can imagine it may have been a big change for some people, having a different perspective on life changing descisions, such as relationships, job oppertunities, etc? And I'd love to hear the what and why behind it!
    If I can treat MBTI as simply a method for sorting and organizing groups of characteristics, then my life has been filled with MBTIs pitted against one another. It was always relevant, but I didn't know it till the last few years of my life. Despite all its criticisms and potential misuses, it is still SUCH a valuable tool and a very fun topic of discussion with other type enthusiasts.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

For me its a fun thing to think about and I enjoy sharing my interest with others on Typology Central but that's about it. I don't practically apply it much in the real world.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne