User Tag List

123 Last

Default First Impressions of Other Posters?

So I saw this thread on another forum and I thought it would be interesting [or completely fall on its ass] on TypeC. So what were your first impressions of other members when you first joined, and if those initial impressions proved to be accurate, and if they weren't, what changed?.

For myself, Honestly I don't think I can really judge if my impressions have been accurate or not, I haven't interacted with my people to get a full understanding of each individual and their mannerisms/behaviours. Though I have run into a few people I would rather not have encountered, on the other end of that spectrum, the majourity of people that I've spoken to are REALLY awesome. As a whole, I've noticed the forum to have this odd stratification, though I assume it comes with the duration of the stay here, older posters having more 'weight' and more of a presence, though I'm not particularly fond of stratification, just my own personal opinion...

Lets see how this goes... c'mon, you know you want to!!

I can't remember my impressions being off about anyone. I don't know if older posters have more weight. In fact some people with relatively few posts have had a much greater influence on my thinking than others with three times as many posts.

MBTI
    yupp

I hated Patches and Marm when I first met them. I even told one of them to go die in a fire, and me saying that started a semi friendship, don't ask how that works.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Macguff drove me up a wall when I first got here.

He's steadily grown on me, and now, I like him quite a bit!

People do grow on you. You notice aspects to their personality, they become more rounded over time.

figsfiggyfigs

I remember when I mixed you (Wolfy) up with fluffy wolf. I gave you a compliment once, and then accidentally refereed to you as fluffy wolf. It got awkward.

I think Wolfy is actually a lot more fluffy than fluffy wolf. They're both sweet, funny guys!

I actually didn't like patches at first either. I thought she was a bit of a bitch(sorry patches) I quickly realized that she's just very introverted. I think she's fucking awesome now!

prplz, oh man, did I think you were weird. Completely random. Then I got on vent and got to know you a bit more. I still think you're completely weird and random.
    Its the best part about you!

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

My first impression of Victor when I first came here: "You confound me".

My impression of Victor now: "I think you live in Australia, and you confound me".
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

figsfiggyfigs

I thought Victor was hilarious at first. The first few posts I read, I thought he was being ironic...

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I thought Victor was hilarious at first. The first few posts I read, I thought he was being ironic...
    I think the act of confusing n00bs and established members is like brain candy for him. Not that it's any bad thing, mind you
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

I thought YWIR had a really long name that screwed with my forum symmetry... I forgive you.