User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I used to get Wolfy and Edgar confused, because Edgar had a wolf avatar. Then I thought Wolfy was bipolar. Because they are so different. Then I realized that Wolfy was nice Wolfy and Edgar was mean Wolfy.

Older posters have a lot more weight for me. All the history to back it up. Old friend's opinions have more weight than new friend's opinions.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I used to get Wolfy and Edgar confused, because Edgar had a wolf avatar. Then I thought Wolfy was bipolar. Because they are so different. Then I realized that Wolfy was nice Wolfy and Edgar was mean Wolfy.
    That's hilarious.

I thought you were from England because of the pics then read you weren't.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post

prplz, oh man, did I think you were weird. Completely random. Then I got on vent and got to know you a bit more. I still think you're completely weird and random.
    Its the best part about you!
    so exactly the same as now?

YWIR I thought was a bitch, now I don't. I tend to hate the people I love the most when I first meet them. And as a reverse usually if I like you when I first meet you I'll probably hate you and want you dead within a week. Of course there's exceptions.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm kind of weird because the existence of familiarity builds some level of natural connection in me.

...which means I don't even have to like someone very much, but after they're gone (if they leave), I kinda end up missing them regardless, and we still have a somewhat shared history.

(Maybe it's related to reuniting with people from high school at your 15th reunion and getting along just fine even if you hated each other in high school.)

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    And as a reverse usually if I like you when I first meet you I'll probably hate you and want you dead within a week.

I hope you hated me when we first met.

------------

Here's another weird one: Protean and I used to argue in private all the time during the first year we knew each other, and I literally hated talking to her and would even avoid her online. The way we thought through situations just seemed to be totally the opposite from each other.

Now she's one of my favorite people here, and probably the member I've met most IRL from this forum. I think I just didn't grasp her starting assumptions and vice versa, so our arguments would go far afield. It would be nice to see her more than I do.

Usually things go in a positive direction; regardless of whether I get along with someone or not from the start, I find some sort of positive movement toward them.

Unfortunately, there have been a few members where I've started out closer tio them but ended up wanting more distance from them based on unfolding events.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm kind of weird because the existence of familiarity builds some level of natural connection in me.

...which means I don't even have to like someone very much, but after they're gone (if they leave), I kinda end up missing them regardless, and we still have a somewhat shared history.

(Maybe it's related to reuniting with people from high school at your 15th reunion and getting along just fine even if you hated each other in high school.)

I hope you hated me when we first met.

------------

Here's another weird one: Protean and I used to argue in private all the time during the first year we knew each other, and I literally hated talking to her and would even avoid her online. The way we thought through situations just seemed to be totally the opposite from each other.

Now she's one of my favorite people here, and probably the member I've met most IRL from this forum. I think I just didn't grasp her starting assumptions and vice versa, so our arguments would go far afield.
    you were an exception. if I hated you I wouldn't have added you to facebook.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    IsFJ

I thought Savage Idealist was a lot less contentious and antiauthoritarian when I first met him. I also though he was a she. Both things might have been due to his friendliness and cute avatars.

I also thought, at first, that Peguy was a very serious individual, due to his (her?) dry, solemn writing style. That was before s/he got the Bugs Bunny avatar.

MBTI
    yupp

savage idealist is a boy?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Previously savage brain.

I remember running into Jennifer in a thread and getting testy when I first started out. First Fe-Fi run in, I'd wager
    Then Jennifer did the whole 'this is what I meant'-explanation thing and I just felt embarrassed for overreacting

I remember getting a warm steady glow from Wolfy and telling him so, and apparently confusing him with that.

Edgar gave me that KGB vibe when he interrogated me. Still does, at times.

First one to make a very mature impression on me, and I had no clue he was so young, was Aimahn. He was the soothing voice in a thread filled with Fe-Fi battles.

Fidelia sorta reminded me of Lady Justice with the scales and blindfold. Very precise.

Jenaphor sorta reminded me of another entj that I'd burned myself on, so I was utterly surprised when she approached me without wanting to bitch slap me

Man, this thread is making me all nostalgic
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Phantonym

I guess my first impressions are usually neutral, unless people do something exceptionally positive or negative. I don't actually remember having any especially negative first impressions about anybody in particular when I first joined the forum. And I don't feel that I've had a positive first impression that has later turned into an overall negative impression.

However, as authority figures have always made me somewhat nervous, I do remember that I didn't want to have anything to do with the mods, that is quote or rep them or, the horror, actually engage in any kind of personal communication with them. The same applies to members whom I perceived to have "more of a presence" here (post count probably, or people who were ofter quoted and who seemed to have a lot of respect in the community, it didn't have anything to do with negative impressions about their personal characteristics).

I had involuntary miniature freak-outs every time I saw somebody with a blue coloured name or post counts in several thousands. That's why I hardly posted during the first 6 months after registering. And the funny thing is, now I can't even remember who they were at the time. People who seemed to be quite intimidating and above my level at the time have descended to their real status and blended in with the rest of the regular folks around here.

As I see people, you never really know when anybody could be on a power trip trying to crush the n00b/somebody just for their own perverse pleasure/circumstances unknown to me, so it's best to be wary with people in general.

I also try to remind myself that with time people always exhibit both positives and negatives, so it would be limiting to base anything on first impressions alone, or second, or third, or...you get the idea.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    savage idealist is a boy?
    Yep. That's no secret, either: he made a video for the Type Me thread. I also didn't know he was British.