User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Apparently my cats were devoured by forest beasts.

I, am NOT happy. >:l

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Everyone gets old and dies. This aspect of life makes me sad. Always.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

My two dogs are still young and healthy and hopefully have a long life left, but I often think about that time when they will deteriorate and/or die and I don't know how I will deal with it. I know it will be a devastating loss. I was reminded of this a few weeks ago when they almost got run over by someone backing out of their driveway in a hurry and some bushes were in the way.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    INTP

I totally relate. Sometimes I get all maudlin thinking about how much I love my doggie, and how much she's just pure joy and love in my life, and that I want her to be with me always, always. And she's 10 now and is in good health, but I know she won't be around forever. The thought of having to say goodbye to her someday just kills me.

Scorpio--glad your doggies are safe! Those close calls are enough to give you a heart attack.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't know how preemptive it is, but my cat's eye has swollen up & started leaking over the past few days, and I'm terrified she'll have to be put down. I'm pretty sure its glaucoma. If her eye needs to be removed, then I don't think I can afford the surgery. The idea of putting her to sleep kills me though. True, she is 16, but she could live another 4 years or so if her eye is removed. She's an indoor only cat & doesn't seem to be in pain otherwise. Lots of cats recover from that surgery well also, because it takes the pain away & they've gone blind in that eye anyway, so the don't miss it.

I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow.....so I'll see what they say. I'm just hoping the options are something I can do. If this happened 3 years ago, no problem, but this stupid economy has hit my entire family & not a one of us can afford any major medical expense for a pet (much less ourselves). What makes me mad also is that a few years ago her eye started clouding & I took her to the vet then, and they said she was losing vision in it due to age, but that there was nothing to be done, and that she wasn't in pain. From what I'm reading online, that is not true....the cloudiness was a sign that glaucoma could set in, which can become very painful, and they should have informed me of that so we could have done preventative treatment....especially since back then I was in a financial position to do something.....

EDIT: Took her to the vet...eye removal cost NOT impossibly high - whew! Cat will be around a bit longer then
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 04-13-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe