User Tag List

First 3456 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    The words/phrases that I use, and probably the overall 'tone' to my posts matches how I am in real life.

But a big However is needed. Irl, I am basically incapable of describing things/presenting things in the way that I post on the forums. Many probably notice that a lot of my posts are very long. Writing is the only way for me to compose and articulate everything that is in my head, as I have the time to do so, and the time to actually structure my thoughts and tie them together - and elaborate/explain. I believe that what I post here DOES mirror my internal mind a lot - and lines up with my thoughts.

Irl, none of this occurs. Irl my actual thoughts are not presented in the way I present them while posting. Irl, I'll come across as vague/succinct/brief, and pretty quiet, and I tend to speak just one or two sentences to sum up what I think - or when I'm excited about something I'll just be talking about how excited/happy I am. lol. But again, it's extremely general statements; more often me asking questions of the other person. (my videos that I posted more accuately reflect how I come across irl). My internal world/thoughts doesn't translate well via speaking, I guess - certainly not in the in-the-moment way that is required socially/conversationally. So in some ways, my posts are probably more 'true to form' than I am irl. They capture my inner world in ways which aren't reflected irl.
    This is very much true for me, too. I'm not good at regular speaking, so public speaking can be....interesting. I stumble over my words a lot and don't really know how to organize what I'm trying to say so that it makes sense. It's easy if I write it out, although I still go back and change words around, change my mind where I wanted to head, organize my thoughts, etc. I wish you could do that when speaking.

With regard to content, IRL there's a lot more hedging and being polite. Here I don't bother so much. I also don't really "debate" people often IRL since the opportunity rarely comes up. So I would come off as agreeable and polite much more IRL than here.
    -end of thread-

figsfiggyfigs

Yes.

I'm a little perky on here though.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Yes.

I'm a little perky on here though.
    :}

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Edit: Also, Everyone on vent has always been really surprised by my voice. I guess since I come off as harsh/crass on the forums they expected my voice to be a little more harsh. But it's actually very soft and feminine. My favorite description ever was when someone said, "Wow. You're supposed to sound like a Lumberjack with Laryngitis."
    Hah. It happened again. Real time example from Jonnyboy who just heard my voice in vent for the first time: (posted with his permission, of course)

03/24 20:26:07 Jonnyboy: Jesus patches, your voice =/= your internet persona
    03/24 20:26:45 Jonnyboy: it sounds so.... nice
    03/24 20:26:57 Jonnyboy: and feminine

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    The words/phrases that I use, and probably the overall 'tone' to my posts matches how I am in real life.

But a big However is needed. Irl, I am basically incapable of describing things/presenting things in the way that I post on the forums. Many probably notice that a lot of my posts are very long. Writing is the only way for me to compose and articulate everything that is in my head, as I have the time to do so, and the time to actually structure my thoughts and tie them together - and elaborate/explain. I believe that what I post here DOES mirror my internal mind a lot - and lines up with my thoughts.

My internal world/thoughts doesn't translate well via speaking, I guess - certainly not in the in-the-moment way that is required socially/conversationally. So in some ways, my posts are probably more 'true to form' than I am irl. They capture my inner world in ways which aren't reflected irl.
    to this.

I'm rather inarticulate, vague, convoluted and rambly IRL. I have difficulty with speaking in complete sentences and my range of vocabulary deserts me. I also think I write more formally here than I speak - I'm more jokey and laid-back.

Someone mentioned the video thread; I was thinking of this too. I found that some people were not anything like I imagined them to be - not in a bad way but I just found a bizarre disconnect between the RL person and the online persona. I don't think that they are faking a personality here, but perhaps (as cascadeco said) merely better reflecting their internal state.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I dont like talking.
    Oh, its
    You

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

All Natural! All Good!

When speaking, I trip over my words. If I try to speak quickly I end up saying something different from what I'm thinking, then I have to correct it, but before I can I usually get interrupted by the other person. That usually doesn't happen in writing. I am also much more concise in writing, unless I start rambling.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    FREE

If I did, there would be a lot more cursing, that's for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I post in my English voice.