User Tag List

First 23456 Last

No, I am much more succinct online than I am in real life. Mostly because I don't want to subject the reader to a bunch of redundancy (I often say the same thing 20 different ways in an attempt to capture some nuance) and/or I'm lazy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I use a much bolder tone on here.

I suppose I do. I notice when I pause and think about what to say I often type "um..." and the like, and just leave them in there.

Also, I cannot hold a conversation with someone and type about something completely different, because whatever I'm thinking about saying to that other person usually ends up being what I type. I've written many e-mails at work like:

"I received that document in an e-mail from [so-and-so] and yeah I don't know Mike, I think you should probably put that on the other side of the room and..."

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    sort of. i'm much more reserved on the forums.
    I'm pretty much exactly the opposite. I'm much more vocal on forums than I am in person, with just a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Irl, I am basically incapable of describing things/presenting things in the way that I post on the forums. Many probably notice that a lot of my posts are very long. Writing is the only way for me to compose and articulate everything that is in my head, as I have the time to do so, and the time to actually structure my thoughts and tie them together - and elaborate/explain. I believe that what I post here DOES mirror my internal mind a lot - and lines up with my thoughts.

Irl, none of this occurs.
    -- I'm this way too. It's a lot easier for me to get my thoughts into coherent word-form in writing than speaking. The only exception is when I'm giving a presentation or something that I've thought about in detail in advance. Otherwise I'm often verbally clumsy -- stumbling and repeating myself in my search for the perfect phrase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm sort of an crudely drawn caricature of actual self in that the thoughts are similar, yet the presentation varies. Most things I type jokingly are things I'd snicker about in my head, yet never say aloud publicly, whereas forums allow me to rid myself of the inhibition. Besides that though my argumentation style is fairly similar.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sometimes. I think the problem with interpreting me on this forum is that sometimes I am posting in my real voice, sometimes I'm being an epic horrifying caricature of myself, and I can tell you for sure that I am consistently extremely direct on this forum in a way that I am usually not IRL, and people who have either met me or at least communicated with me via PM will realize that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm definitely using my own voice. Aside from the brief pauses in my conversation (which replace "um" and "uh" for me), it's exactly alike.

Right down to my overuse of parenthetical thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Ginkgo

Go the whole nine yards with bodily noises.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Absolutely, I think. I even add in some of my uhm's and ah's, because I just type stuff down. Sometimes, I review over it, but not too frequently. It is pretty easy to get a feel for me.

Unless I go into ninja mode. In which case, all is lost.

Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Ginkgo

My real life voice sounds like the chicken witch doctor.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ9dtZ8lYww"].[/YOUTUBE]