User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, mines is definitely bigger. Try harder.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, at least you are doing the "...failing miserably" part well.

Keep up the good work!
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It basically happens to NPs if we attempt to live too much in our tert/inferior functions. Those functions are there to help us, and for balance, but overall they're supposed to be things like supplement and relief, and for example, the ENFP who tries to be an ISTJ for too long will end up tired, overwrought, stressed out, possibly even burning out from trying to do or accomplish so much to please others, or because they thought it's what they're "supposed to do."

It's better to learn your natural strengths and work with those.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey -- the stuff about dancing? Wouldn't that be SP instead of SJ? Or gossiping? ExFx, not necessarily SJ. Football? It has been brought to my attention how much some Ns like sports.

You guys really have got to stop attributing everything that is "not you" to SJs. There are sixteen types, we all have little differences.

Functionally speaking, NPs have more in common with SJs than NJs. It's actually the number two logical reason that N snobbery is fucking fail...number one is because intelligence has nothing to do with type.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Hey -- the stuff about dancing? Wouldn't that be SP instead of SJ? Or gossiping? ExFx, not necessarily SJ. Football? It has been brought to my attention how much some Ns like sports.

You guys really have got to stop attributing everything that is "not you" to SJs. There are sixteen types, we all have little differences.

Functionally speaking, NPs have more in common with SJs than NJs. It's actually the number two logical reason that N snobbery is fucking fail...number one is because intelligence has nothing to do with type.
    Well it didn't seem like it was sinking in....good job Marm.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    "I'm going to dress very normally, work hard, and be more tactful. I may even talk about the 'weird' people a little with my other SJ friends."
    Work hard = Te

Tactful = Fe

Thinking people are weird: everybody

I'm gonna keep going through this thread and making corrections. Perhaps my Si is acting up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Patrick Bateman from American Psycho
    Why do you think he was an N trying to be an SJ? I'm of the opinion he was an ESFJ in a Narcissistic Fe/Ne loop (not using enough Si, ironically), and an unhealthy, bottom level 3w2...the enneagram type most likely to be "that nice guy" in the neighborhood who becomes a serial killer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Me on job interviews.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

To tell the truth, I couldn't tell you the intricacies of the functions or how I use them in everyday life, but I could hijack this thread to demonstrate real-life examples of attempting to fit in.

Why on earth would we limit ourselves to talking merely about imitating one group? Why not describe imitation of any group? Surely, these examples are still perfectly relevant to the topic at hand, and it is important, to me, to know more about who or what I try to emulate.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I dislike how everyone has been defining "looking like SJs"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Is it bad that I also prepare similar, preconstructed dialogues about topics in musical analysis? I find that, if a conversation is headed in this direction, it is good to be prepared to discuss (with sincerity and passion, I might add) a topic with great eloquence, because the impression is greater than what would be made through a half-assed, on-the-fly assessment. Of course, these aren't limited to music by any means, but when I finally watched that movie, I couldn't help but laugh when he started the pre-murder lectures on popular music.
    I do exactly the same thing. Though usually I don't prepare the speech in advance; I just go off on a huge tangent and sound like a know-it-all

Hooray for Ne geekitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Well, at least you are doing the "...failing miserably" part well.

Keep up the good work!

+1

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!