User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Types Are Most Likely To Engage in Conspiracy Theory Thinking

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ni doms are the worst - those crazies

5 50.00%
  • Ni auxes are the worst - their Ni isn't as developed and yet has a strong influence

1 10.00%
  • Neither Ni doms or auxes are more likely to think this way than other types

4 40.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Conspiracy Theories and Ni

How much more likely do you think Ni doms and auxes are to engage in conspiracy theory thinking?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I voted Ni terts (myself excluded.) I've known a lot of ISFP conspiracy thinkers, whereas the Ni doms and auxs have been more, I dunno, in control of their Ni?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

a rl friend of mine, who tests completely INFJ every single time... is one of the biggest conspiracy theory nuts I have ever known, second only to my father (E/ISTJ) its not that he believes in them, its that he believes so easily with no real evidence...it surprises me every time...
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Eh...I dunno.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

If I were to generalise between sensor and intuitives, I'd guess that intuitives would be more prone to embracing conspiracy theories. There can be a paranoia associated to intuition if it's pointing polar south, where the truth resides north.

Consider what you've seen on TypeC. The four biggest conspiracy theorists are N-doms both Ni and Ne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

^ Yeah, I was going to say INJs and ENPs would be most prone to this. I can't think of a reason why Ni would be worse than Ne for this stuff. I think Ns in general would be more susceptible, especially N-doms. The biggest conspiracy theorist I know IRL is an Ne dom.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Consider what you've seen on TypeC. The four biggest conspiracy theorists are N-doms both Ni and Ne.
    I am wondering who that is

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Well, this might sound really dumb and I almost hope it does but: If we consider N standing for more concern regarding reflecting upon ones action before taking a stand as opposed to S which is of immediate or closely immediate action then the S's would draw the beginning straws from the stack but an N might pick up the straws and build a house.

You might argue on the N/S viewpoint. Tangible vs abstract, whereas tangible often requires action now rather than later and making the scope of the thoughts concerned with what can happen to a detail back and forth within the larger picture of what I am trying to draw as a goal in the future whereas abstract would argue that it doesn't matter what might happen to the detail or the larger picture but the idea of a picture might be taken into consideration if one so wishes. (That makes sense just not in a "school" sensible way)

Disclaimer
    Either way, I have no idea and I cannot ever answer this or anything else.
    There is no such thing as pride.

EDIT: Am I really that incorrect that I am not worthy of reciprocity or am I structuring my sentences in a way that it is utterly impossible to answer to anything I say? Am I coming off as a child? Am I out there? This can really make for paranoia. No voice even though one thinks one speaks.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 03-19-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Got a bit thoughtful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I am wondering who that is
    I can think of one notable INTJ who must be in that group. I am wondering who the other three are.

I would guess inferior Ne people are most prone to wild, doomsday type conspiracy theories (those which are most often referred to as paranoid, fear-mongering or fear-driven), while dominant Ni people (though Ne makes sense too) are most prone to syncing (those which are most often referred to simply as loony).

The latter don't often seem to have the dark or paranoid or fearful undertones to them. More often than not it's a tone of neutrality, inside-out perspective turning, and an eagerness to cast the entire net over nearly everything so it all clicks together. Even the "extra layers of meaning" are considered in large part due to the desire to relate it back to an already very large, continuously evolving pre-established pattern -- not at random to grasp any and every possible interpretation. IMHO, that sounds like Pi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Well, this might sound really dumb and I almost hope it does but: If we consider N standing for more concern regarding reflecting upon ones action before taking a stand as opposed to S which is of immediate or closely immediate action then the S's would draw the beginning straws from the stack but an N might pick up the straws and build a house.

You might argue on the N/S viewpoint. Tangible vs abstract, whereas tangible often requires action now rather than later and making the scope of the thoughts concerned with what can happen to a detail back and forth within the larger picture of what I am trying to draw as a goal in the future whereas abstract would argue that it doesn't matter what might happen to the detail or the larger picture but the idea of a picture might be taken into consideration if one so wishes. (That makes sense just not in a "school" sensible way)
    I think I can somewhat agree with the underlined, but minor thing about the bold: there is nothing immediate or tangible about Si, and all IxxJs internally reflect a lot before taking an action or stand, sometimes continuing even after they have. I can see an ISxJ in the grip of his or her inferior (or even an ISxP on a dom/tert loop) becoming as paranoid and distanced from reality as INxJs are often stereotyped to be.

EDIT: Am I really that incorrect that I am not worthy of reciprocity or am I structuring my sentences in a way that it is utterly impossible to answer to anything I say? Am I coming off as a child? Am I out there? This can really make for paranoia. No voice even though one thinks one speaks.
    Bold: If you are literally asking this question, then no. If you are only musing or trying to add something to your above post, then my mistake