User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Types Are Most Likely To Engage in Conspiracy Theory Thinking

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ni doms are the worst - those crazies

5 50.00%
  • Ni auxes are the worst - their Ni isn't as developed and yet has a strong influence

1 10.00%
  • Neither Ni doms or auxes are more likely to think this way than other types

4 40.00%
First 123 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post

I think I can somewhat agree with the underlined, but minor thing about the bold: there is nothing immediate or tangible about Si, and all IxxJs internally reflect a lot before taking an action or stand, sometimes continuing even after they have. I can see an ISxJ in the grip of his or her inferior (or even an ISxP on a dom/tert loop) becoming as paranoid and distanced from reality as INxJs are often stereotyped to be.

Bold: If you are literally asking this question, then no. If you are only musing or trying to add something to your above post, then my mistake
    The underlined: I might've misunderstood Si. I thought it referred to what it had been through and what states it preferred during certain circumstances, projecting what it has known on the future to work and then go about until there's inconsistency. This being a healthy individual. Which to me is tangible. Or "I feel I can touch the idea and adjust it as I wish with my hands". In objective reality, I guess it isn't tangible. Sorry.

And by immediate, just projecting what you have had in your past, even if it is five to fifteen years forward is immediate as you have already had the experience and seek to conjure it once again. I think this part might have fucked me over. I wonder if the psychopath joke about the wedding came from this premise.

But by both above definitions, one that has experienced disillusion and enjoyed the feeling will seek disillusion and perhaps become what you are proposing. It's a bit like inventing 26 dimensions to fit the theory. Or expecting 1+1 to always sum up 2, no matter of the context. Maybe they didn't even enjoy disillusion but was told that it gave them further depth and so their quest began to self deterioration - or growth. Depends on how one wishes to see things.

I wrote the ending first, I hope it fits.

I was having a go on the Super N and Super S. Where S would go about accordingly to either what is right now or what has been and what it did like then to be now. S is really rigid structure. Really boring. S's out there in the world are not. Super N would not recognize a thing around them or anything else for that matter. Lol. whoops. Though this is implying that there is an external world.

Good. I do not come off as a child. That is also too bad. I cannot have all, all of the time I guess goes the saying.

I am afraid I won't be able to answer anything but are you aware that males tend to seek the "dear end of the world"scenario more often than females? I am not aware by how much difference there is.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

edit: I figured I should delete this since I'm probably spamming the thread.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    ^ Yeah, I was going to say INJs and ENPs would be most prone to this. I can't think of a reason why Ni would be worse than Ne for this stuff. I think Ns in general would be more susceptible, especially N-doms. The biggest conspiracy theorist I know IRL is an Ne dom.
    Yes, both Ni and Ne can be good at developing conspiracy theories. But I would think that with Ni, it would be a little harder to explain to other people how you got to the theory (deeper internal processing), so that it would have more of the crazy conspiracy quality. Ne is slightly easier to track down and explain, though the end result of explaining it may still lead to people concluding that your theory is of the crazy conspiracy sort

I'll vote slightly more likely.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you"
    Kurt Cobain "Territorial Pissings"

All my life.
    Mommy says I would watch politicians on TV when I was 3 years old and say "Bad man"
    I rarely claim to know what is really going on, because I don't. But I will claim what isn't going on.
    That's how a conspiracy is born. I know a lie when I see and hear one.
    I know when someone is hiding something.
    When something is being covered up.
    Fear is easy to spot., really easy, and so are inconsistencies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I wonder what tert Ni does. I know that other tert functions can show themselves as clumsier versions of their dom or aux cousins. I don't know enough tert Ni users though to have formed an opinion.

Yeah, I think part of the problem with Ni is there is not always a straight line connecting all of the dots. In some cases, I think it could leave a person open to wonkier theories than some other function dom or auxes might readily accept. I think it depends what else is tempering the Ni and also what circles that particular person is in.

The three people in my life who have told me the biggest whopper conspiracies they gave credit to were (in order of most gullible):
    ESTP
    ISFP
    ESFP

Weak intuition frightens me on this point for their sake.

(D'oh! I almost forgot my ESFJ sister-in-law. She believed demons came out of the Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack c.d. when she left the room and in a Japanese ringtone that makes your boobs grow.)
    Last edited by iwakar; 03-21-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: D'oh!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

hard to say, but at least my INTJ friend doesent believe in any of those. i think there is more than just Ni to it. out of INTs i think INTPs are more likely to believe in one, because of Ne seeing the connections and Ti rationalizing them. but then again they might just see them as one option on what has happened and keeping it open whether its true or not. i could see INFJs believing in them tho, but i think tert Ti might play a role in it too, two introverted functions working together can give this sort of false believes about external world.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

There's a fine line between a theorist, and a believer.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ultimawepun View Post
    There's a fine line between a theorist, and a believer.

But anyone's prone to conspiracy thinking, especially when they see the world as beyond their control. So to give the illusion of control, they try to attribute some of the bad events to someone else, "The Man" or "The Government" or...you get it.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    hard to say, but at least my INTJ friend doesent believe in any of those. i think there is more than just Ni to it. out of INTs i think INTPs are more likely to believe in one, because of Ne seeing the connections and Ti rationalizing them. but then again they might just see them as one option on what has happened and keeping it open whether its true or not. i could see INFJs believing in them tho, but i think tert Ti might play a role in it too, two introverted functions working together can give this sort of false believes about external world.
    But then how is Ne different from Ni in seeing patterns? They do that as part of their nature.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.