User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    all hipsters say they're not hipsters. it's in the rulebook.
    But I'm Black! I was born this way.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

No idea what people think of me online, and it matters less. Here are misconceptions I've encountered IRL:

I'm all intensity all the time, or as I heard once as a kid, "all mouth".
    Life inside my head must be angry and chaotic and horrible.
    I want to talk to everyone, all the time.
    I have no deep feelings and it's damn near impossible to hurt me.
    I have supernatural, superhuman strength of self-esteem.
    I grew up with economic privilege.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Depending on the critic in view, I am considered "cold, unemotional, uber-serious, haughty" or "hypersensitive, emotional, impish, self-defeating." Truthfully, my demeanor can vacillate rapidly and short-sighted people tend to make sweeping character judgments based on how I am behaving at a particular moment in time. (Oh irony, you saucy minx.)

Do most people have the psychological range of a baseball bunt? It is really irritating.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Apparently people think I'm the kind of person that likes to talk to everyone.... Random people always feel the need to chat with me.... Even if I didn't make eye contact.

A lot of people think I'm outgoing....but in actuality I'm really shy in person!

Um.... Apparently one of the guys in my lab group thinks I'm an overachiever.... If he only knew that I had really only studied that afternoon and not the entire week/weekend prior to class....

I got called a goody-two shoes one day.... If they only knew...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4/5

People think I am very serious when they first meet me. I am not very serious after I feel comfortable.

For some strange reason people seem to get the idea in their heads that I know a lot about computers. Truth is, in the grand scheme of things, I know bugger all. Same goes with most pieces of technology. People might ask about TVs for instance: plasma vs. LCD vs. LED? I have a 13" cathode ray tube TV from the '70s; how the fuck would I know?!

People also tend to assume I'm snobby. Maybe I am snobby and just don't know it, but they seem to take not being talkative or outgoing to mean I'm snobby and think less of people because I'm not engaging in the conversation. Truth is if I don't have anything to say I won't say anything. Not talking doesn't mean I think I'm better than everyone else, I just don't know what to say or do.

A couple random strangers got the idea I'm a doctor for some reason. I got a library card at my alma mater about eight months ago and the girl behind the desk asked if I was doing medical research. I went to the Body Worlds exhibition (the exhibition with the splayed-open cadavers) and one of the staff there asked if I was a doctor. I'm still not sure what gave her that idea; that I know what a liver looks like and where it sits in the human body?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

hipster hater in da house there perception of themselves is so off. they tend to think they're
    - original
    - individualistic
    - unconcerned with what what people think
    - non conformist
    when in reality they are none of these things. I mean, if you so desperately need to pick a group to conform to, at least pick one that's worth imitating

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I speak faster than i think. I just want to keep the buzz going. This makes people think I'm dumber than I really am, that is until we really get to talk as intellectuals. I was on a retreat with some other postgrads like 2 weeks ago. I pointed to a piece of kitchen equipment and asked "what's that", by which I really mean "I wonder if this is mortar?". One of the other gyus looked at me and said "it's a bowl". GDI man. He probably thinks I'm an idiot -.-
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

that i'm a lesbian, or bi-sexual
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Oh yeah! I'm a lesbian too!
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ