First 34567 Last

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Most common misconception IRL seems to be that since I'm usually excited, animated, and eager it must mean I'm immature, naive, or completely stupid. I just think life is what you make it, and there is awesomeness to be found in just about anything if you're open to it.

On forums, I'm often mistaken as a troll for a lot of the same reasons.

I'm bad at pegging anyone's conception of me on the whole though. I try not to assume unless someone outright tells me something, and people rarely tell you what they really think of you.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yesterday i realized that many people that know me IRL, but don't know me REALLY well think i'm (their words not mine)... "scary".
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    Yesterday i realized that many people that know me IRL, but don't know me REALLY well think i'm (their words not mine)... "scary".
    But you ARE scary.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That I'm:

- non-subversive ... because I do "status quo" easily enough and/or obey convention when I think it's more efficient

- nice... because I don't usually get sarcastic, catty, or critical except with people who already know me

- mean... when I allow myself room to be critical instead of "nice" in a given situation where I think it's more helpful to challenge someone.

- unfeeling... if I am speaking from rational viewpoints in the face of emotionalism

- a feeler... if I put on my "emotive" face and show sympathy for others or address emotional concerns

- indifferent... if I don't seem engaged in the current undertaking

- totalitarian... if I end up having to enforce status quo.

- unimaginative... when I don't share my vivid inner world with someone.

- not spiritual... because I stopped going to church after a lifetime in the church, and hold a more fluid view of the Bible than I did when younger

- a promisebreaker ... because I've been separated for three years from a long-term relationship w/ children.

- acting out of uncontrollable emotion... just because I'm choosing to have a sharp tone as a conscious strategy.

- doing things wantonly... if I don't care to my reasoning in detail.

- not considering someone else's side... if I don't bother to state the obvious.

My favorite: I actually like being a "secret subversive." People expect me to be nice and kind and appropriate... and I am in the right contexts or if I don't have a good reason not to be... but when people get to know me and I trust them, sometimes they are kind of shocked by the things that come out of my mouth. I like to surprise people and remind them I'm not all I seem to be all the time, that there's a lot more inside than they often get to see.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    But you ARE scary.
    ...oh...

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post
    ...oh...
    Just kidding
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*stops process of peeling off face to show the demon underneath* ...

-Mark Twain

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Girls usually think it's bigger... but you know, I have to always tell them more money aint in that portemonaie :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

People think I care about them.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My favorite: I actually like being a "secret subversive." People expect me to be nice and kind and appropriate... and I am in the right contexts or if I don't have a good reason not to be... but when people get to know me and I trust them, sometimes they are kind of shocked by the things that come out of my mouth. I like to surprise people and remind them I'm not all I seem to be all the time, that there's a lot more inside than they often get to see.
    I completely relate to this.

On a similar note, it really threw me off the other day when someone told me I'm the "nicest person ever." Whoa there! I just don't have a good reason to be sarcastic/mean/cynical with you. Besides, if niceness is all you see in me, chances are you know next to nothing about the REAL me.

Lately, I've realized that in a sense, my apparent nicety is a shell to break through. I'm going to present the most socially acceptable version of myself to you UNLESS you seem to be capable of comprehending and/or accepting all the controversial shiz that's going on inside.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.