User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Dali

That I come from old money.

It ceased being perplexing/annoying and is now highly amusing to me. Last person that brought this up told me (10 mins after she met me) that I come across as someone who "grew up in a gated community and spends their weekends at the country club".

I mean, WTF?

It used to really annoy me because it made me feel that I came across as pretentious. My Fi wasn't too happy with that.

In Person:
    I'm a lot younger than I really am.
    I'm innocent and naive.
    I'm shy. (I'm not. I just have nothing to say)

Forums:
    I'm overly nice. (I'm really not, I just don't choose not to use the anonymity of the internet for shooting off fireballs consisting of repressed rage, scorn, and regret onto the defenseless occupants of this dear forum.)
    That I'm an Extrovert.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    That I'm somehow innocent. Or a saint (in the sense that I always do the right thing and/or I'm always 'good').

That I don't have selfish intentions 90% of the time.
    Similar. People IRL tell me I seem sweet and innocent.

On-line people probably don't see exactly how diplomatic, flexible, adaptable, and quiet I usually am IRL, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    That I care.
    Ha...this. I care probably 25% of the time. Utterly couldn't care less the remaining 75%.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    That I'm sweet and innocent as well as harmless and ditzy. Apparently its a blonde thing. This I get mostly from guys and people who've seen my silly side.
    It's called being an ENFP

That I'm a scary-ass bitch who will cut you in half and whip your ass in line if you don't behave. This I get from people who've kicked an Fi-value or people who decide to piss me off in a professional setting.
    it's called being an FP

That I'm some kind of saint or visionary. It scares me when that happens, as I feel like a fraud. This I get most often from people who've asked/are asking for help.
    it's called being an NF

That I'm a slut or whore for daring to have fun with my sexuality or feminity. This I get from people who..well, just don't get me and don't bother to do so first before they judge.
    it's called being secure with your sexuality

I'm none of these things. But what they're seeing are all aspects of my personality. Like every person out there, I'm multifaceted and a lot more complicated than most people seem to wanna acknowledge. And yes, it can be quite tiresome. Not much you can do about it
    it's amazing how many misconceptions people could avoid if they just knew about MBTI and a little bit about human nature. ENFPs are usually the best case for this. we confuse the hell out of everyone because to other people we seem to have like 20 personalities
    I pretty much agree with all of this, too.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

IRL:

that I don't care
    that I'm perfectly confident in myself
    I'm possibly an idiot
    that I have a rollicking social life
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

I'm just going to start off quoting Eckhart...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    accurate stuff
    -that I am unemotional and cold: From my impressions of people both online and in person, I think I come off as almost inanimate. Outside of being frustrated with work, I'm very laid back and very difficult to get a reaction out of, and I think that this, along with my default "observer mode" makes people think that I'm just hyper-aloof.

-that I don't care about people: I'm not typically expressive in any sort of situation that I consider public (ie, more than one person present), and combined with the item above... aloof.

-that I am gay: I don't think I give off strong "gaydar" signs or anything, but the simple fact that over the last 20 years my friends have always known me as "the single guy" and I haven't really expressed verbally any desire to change that, "he's gay" is a common assumption.

-that I just want to be left alone: I'm very, very quiet in social situations and not one to actively search such things out.

-that I am in some way "inhuman": Sort of a combination of all of the above. I think that I'm seen as just sort of "out there" and not quite with it.

All of these (except perhaps the last ) are just about as incorrect as can be -- but I think that those are the impressions people get from me. After I've known someone for a few years one or two of them may be overcome, but it takes a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

that I'm a homosexual and a tattoo artist from new orleans

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    There's no way to prove anything to anyone who wants to retain their perception. So why waste time and effort?
    That's true. I still kind of try, though. In hopes that they might be reasonable enough to at least try to be open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The thing is, I can be many different things varying from time to time. I've had moments where I've been a bit high on stress, and moments where I am super relaxed, etc, etc. So most conceptions about me have some truth in them.
    Came here to say this as well.

MBTI
    INTP

How people percieve me in real life varies according to my fluctuating brain chemistry and the amount of stress I'm under-when I'm preoccupied with my OCD, people often think I'm deliberately unfriendly and/or dumb, depending on what form the external symptons take.

On this site? People often seem to think I'm close-minded, intolerant, or ignorant about things I'm interested in...though my chosen name probably has as much to do with that as my opinions and abrupt posting style.