First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    ^This makes me wonder, why does it even matter? Most of the things we talk about here are unrelated to gender. It isn't necessary to guess what everyone here is, so why do we do it anyway? Is it really that crucial to understand someone's personality or is it just so we can decide to whether we want to flirt with/patronise them or not?
    i don't think it does, really, but since we're conditioned since early childhood that gender is a highly important distinction - as well as being a very visual distinction - we look for it in our primary characterization of a person. it feels odd to not have a gender read on someone, even if that read falls somewhere in the middle.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

SirCockburn had to clear up pretty quick that Sir had no cock.

Orobas confused me a bit when she put in her sig that she was a male.

And who could forget the fun times a year or so ago when Salome was accused of being a man pretending to be a woman online and how dishonest she was being about it all

Ginkgo

Oh! Oberon confused me when I was lurking here. Ambiguous little mouse, that playful one was. (First he's accused of being creepy, now this. What's next?)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I started using more " feminine" avatars since I realized how many people thought I was a man.
    Considering you were flirting with me about my sexxxxxxy voice, I understand why people might get confused.

Anyway, the av thing is good... unless you're like me and typically have them turned off (since I'm at work).

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've had a few doggy avatars and a few men as avatars I suppose
    Wait. You mean you're not actually a dog????

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I don't know what it is about him. It's something which is a bit harder to pin down than cognitive preferences. I think beyond the presence of a cognitive function, the functions will also take on a particular flavor which is largely dependent on gender. INFPs are a great example of this. It's rare that I mistake an INFP male for female, because the flavor of Fi is so different among the men than the women, despite them both being such clear, obvious idealists. I don't really know how better to describe it than that.
    I actually get that.

It's the same reason I don't participate in many "individual typing" threads... because a lot of what I perceive is based on flavor and nuance rather than some checklist of traits. The "patterning" is different.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    And who could forget the fun times a year or so ago when Salome was accused of being a man pretending to be a woman online and how dishonest she was being about it all
    And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I remember that! Zoinks!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Hey you. I was too busy laughing at the absurdity of it all to meddle!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've been wrong a couple times with new posters but not anyone mentioned and i can't remember their names now. i'm guessing it's just a combination of avatars, usernames and the content of their posts...it takes awhile to get a good read sometimes.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    omg that was hilarious....and awful...i was all so sure that she wasn't and then i got all confused...hate!!! being made to doubt myself!! grr!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't mind being gender confused. I enjoy the extra attention I get when people think I'm a girl.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf