Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I consider myself female and prefer to be called "she," although it is technically true that I'm physically male. I try to avoid thinking about this as far as it is possible, and this thread is forcing me to do so, because the OP fingers me as a "male." I truly wish that she had not done so.

I just got finished correcting a whole bunch of people on this fact, and now I bet there will be a whole new batch of people calling me "he" thanks to this thread.
    I will address you in the feminine from this day forward, and can even remind others to do so as well.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Females on this forum who I've mistaken for males:
    Whatever
    Orangey
    YWIR
    Randominity
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Orangey and Randominity are women? That's news to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I also thought Orangey was a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'll admit: for a little while I had forgot that Orangey was female
    Damn . I didn't know the confusion was this rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Hmm... I wonder if it has something to do with the T/F dichotomy, seeing as how F guys with cute avatars come across as more feminine and womanly, while T girls with tougher avatars caom across as more masculine and manly?
    I don't really think my avatar is tough, manly, or masculine. In fact, doesn't it lean more on the cutesy side?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    For example, what did you read Metaphor as before she changed her name?
    I had always assumed she was a female.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Never thought orangey was male, or YWIR, or randomnity, or whatever.
    Yeah, I never thought YWIR, Randomnity, or whatever were males. I never thought Savage Idealist was a female, either. The only person I've been confused about at all recently was Red Herring (female INTP), though I didn't assume what her gender was because I honestly didn't know (I just had to wait to see when someone addressed her with a gendered pronoun.)

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I do often make gender associations by avatar and speaking style, though. I don't really know of anything in particular in a person's posting style that I can point to that makes me think of a particular gender, but it's there.
    Yeah, I can usually tell by the style of speaking. It's hard to pin down what it is, really, but it's obvious most of the time.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    We could always have a competition; List every forum member you know of and "sex" them. :P
    Maybe it can provide data for how different types pick up clues and which values are attributed to each sex.
    And for the more competitive members, there's "who can guess the best?"
    This might not be the environment for something like this and it'll prove close to nothing since we cannot control what each member will be able to pick up.
    Either way, I'm out.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDsuCy72v-0"]good times[/YOUTUBE]

I've always assumed YW, Randomnity and Orangey were female.

Wasn't sure about athenian and curator but both clarified their ambiguity.

Ginkgo

For me, Orangey and Athenian were initially confused.

Oh yeah, and Unkindloving. She was pretty ambiguous.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Idealist is the only one on the list I was ever confused about. Ath comes off as completely asexual, if that counts as "confusion". Utterly nonmasculine or feminine (distinct from "I don't assume either way", which is a ton of people here).

I've been surprised by other members, though. Can't think of which ones right now....nobody mentioned or posting in this thread.
    -end of thread-

Ginkgo

Idealists original persona was more masculine, but outlandishly comic-book convention-esque. That's a mouthful. The femininity ages like fine wine.

I thought Silently Honest were female for quite some time.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Clearly, the only solution is drunken, naked cam-whoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I consider myself female and prefer to be called "she," although it is technically true that I'm physically male. I try to avoid thinking about this as far as it is possible, and this thread is forcing me to do so, because the OP fingers me as a "male." I truly wish that she had not done so.

I just got finished correcting a whole bunch of people on this fact, and now I bet there will be a whole new batch of people calling me "he" thanks to this thread.
    I think it is an important detail about yourself.. I'd probably not be nearly as sensitive to the way you fire off and get emotionally charged so easily if I didn't know you were struggling with this as well in your life. The confusion of "who am I" can leak into many things in life.. I'd probably think you were a total selfish or self-absorbed jackwagon if I wasn't privilaged to this knowledge. Knowing it, though.. I can tell you're struggling, and it makes things I don't agree with you on at all much easier to witness.

It can be to your advantage to have people know.. Even with the slight annoyance of correcting people. (I have to correct people IRL all the time on my gender/orientation and I'm not even confused and changing, so I feel you on how annoying it can get.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I thought Silently Honest were female for quite some time.
    I don't know what to make of that honestly, but I can say it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm sure many were confused at Magic Poriferans gender before he announced it... many eons ago.