User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    For example, what did you read Metaphor as before she changed her name?
    Plenty of members on TypeC and other sites have made the assumption that I was male. They're usually quite shocked when I put up a pic and hear my voice. Or better yet, when I've met them in a meet of some kind. So not male or male-like!

garbage

Some people thought I was a "she" when I had the nick "Mister Eyebrows" and typed enfp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm not trying to be sexist, but I initially picture T types as males and F types as females unless there is some other clue to suggest not.
    Same

Often, you really don't have much more to go on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I've made mistakes like taht sometimes. I thought athenian was female. Not so much because of type as the name though. I never thought savageidealist was female. Never thought orangey was male, or YWIR, or randomnity, or whatever.

I don't really make the mistake of determining sex by type. Even though I know males are much more common than females among INTJs for instance, I know that I live in a world which is big enough to see lots and lots of INTJs of both sexes. Same with every other type.

I do often make gender associations by avatar and speaking style, though. I don't really know of anything in particular in a person's posting style that I can point to that makes me think of a particular gender, but it's there.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think frequently being on a kitten crusade will cause most people to believe (often correctly) that you're female, especially if you're an NF type.

I'm going to have to admit I did think Athenian was female, yet as far as I know Athenian does not necessarily identify with the male gender role anyway.

I also thought Orangey was a guy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And why do certain people in gender-stereotyped archetypes read as their actual gender?
    (For example, Peguy scan as male despite identifying him as INFJ. Why? Is it because his Ni+Ti are his stronger functions?)
    I don't know what it is about him. It's something which is a bit harder to pin down than cognitive preferences. I think beyond the presence of a cognitive function, the functions will also take on a particular flavor which is largely dependent on gender. INFPs are a great example of this. It's rare that I mistake an INFP male for female, because the flavor of Fi is so different among the men than the women, despite them both being such clear, obvious idealists. I don't really know how better to describe it than that.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Clearly, the only solution is drunken, naked cam-whoring.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I've made mistakes like taht sometimes. I thought athenian was female. Not so much because of type as the name though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm going to have to admit I did think Athenian was female, yet as far as I know Athenian does not necessarily identify with the male gender role anyway.
    I consider myself female and prefer to be called "she," although it is technically true that I'm physically male. I try to avoid thinking about this as far as it is possible, and this thread is forcing me to do so, because the OP fingers me as a "male." I truly wish that she had not done so.

I just got finished correcting a whole bunch of people on this fact, and now I bet there will be a whole new batch of people calling me "he" thanks to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Clearly, the only solution is drunken, naked cam-whoring.
    Clearly.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I consider myself female and prefer to be called "she," although it is technically true that I'm physically male. I try to avoid thinking about this as far as it is possible, and this thread is forcing me to do so, because the OP fingers me as a "male." I truly wish that she had not done so.

I just got finished correcting a whole bunch of people on this fact, and now I bet there will be a whole new batch of people calling me "he" thanks to this thread.
    If you prefer she, I'll call you she.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I'll admit: for a little while I had forgot that Orangey was female, and Savage Idealist was male. Other than that, I've had very few slip-ups. In the presence of gender-ambiguous avatars/names, I think we pick up on gender stereotypes in communication style.

BTW, this is why I am a Luna. Obvious female name is obvious.