First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    They approached me about wanting to make me an officer in the guild, but that it was impossible unless I started communicating via Ventrilo. And I was just kind of like, "Here's the thing about that..... Get on vent." *Oh HAY. I'm actually a female with a higher pitched voice than Minnie mouse*. They decided that they couldn't make me an officer... But that they wouldn't remove me from the guild because 1) My performance was up to their standards, and 2) I hadn't caused any drama, which was the purpose of the rule.
    Booya!

Good for them, at least, in keeping you around, since you met the spirit of the rule.

A lot of people REALLY altered how they interacted with me though. Most notably - There was a ~40 year old woman (also an officer in the guild) with a thick German accent. She had always been very sweet to me for the 8 months. She helped me out a lot, and always talked to me. When she found out, she went ballistic and demanded that I be removed from the guild. When I wasn't, she started being absurdly mean to me... Would regularly call me a 'cunt' in guild chat for no reason. It was strange.
    Some people can't deal, and I'm gonna guess she saw you as a fraud and liar and an abuser of her trust or some crazy "dramatic" thing like that... apparently drama is not confined to the 20-year-olds.

Conversely, there were people that had NEVER spoken to me for 8 months, who suddenly were regularly chatting me up. It was a strange shift.
    Pretty funny. I've had similar experiences when I've flipped around my social identity like that.

I have some girlfriends who played MMOs like WoW, and the treatment of women by male players has been studied before... it wasn't uncommon for them to have at least one male character they would play, just to get some relief from pursuit by young males.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    But yeah, girls are idolized in gaming environments. Which is pretty natural as they are fairly scarce. And most of them, for reasons just like this, often don't say they are girls.

And ofcourse there's the fact that it's just more fun to talk to girls than guys. Which is also pretty logical. A heterosexual male is more interested in girls than guys. ^^
    Yeah, it actually shouldn't be a 'weird' thing. Gamer gurls rule!
    I had one guy get pretty hot when I mentioned on occasion I'd play first-person shooters (although it's not my favorite genre).

So have people had gender experiences on this forum, where they were treated notably different, or has everything pretty much stayed as-is? (Aside from who is hitting on who?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I have some girlfriends who played MMOs like WoW, and the treatment of women by male players has been studied before... it wasn't uncommon for them to have at least one male character they would play, just to get some relief from pursuit by young males.

Yeah, it actually shouldn't be a 'weird' thing. Gamer gurls rule!
    I had one guy get pretty hot when I mentioned on occasion I'd play first-person shooters (although it's not my favorite genre).

So have people had gender experiences on this forum, where they were treated notably different, or has everything pretty much stayed as-is? (Aside from who is hitting on who?)

Oh god yes, i always have a couple of male characters to play with, it gets tiresome being a "girl" in games, even to the point where you're "helped" too much. When i played FPS, i always had an ambiguous name. Most of the time the guys wouldn't believe i was a girl, i "played too well" LOL.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

I think some ppl on here have thought I was male, but I'm not.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

LOL. Above all, not to forget - RagingKatsuki(sp?)!!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Some people can't deal, and I'm gonna guess she saw you as a fraud and liar and an abuser of her trust or some crazy "dramatic" thing like that... apparently drama is not confined to the 20-year-olds.
    Theres a pretty odd phenomena amongst 'gamer girls' that Ive noticed... It's like nearly half of them get very territorial and don't like it when another female is around or something. That woman in particular could get real nasty toward other chicks in the guild. A few guys had their wives brought in - most of them were bad at the game and just played casually... But she always got really catty with them. I think she just hated girls, or something.

I kind of miss it, TBH. In WoW these days I am a tank, so I have to talk. I should get one of those voice mod programs and see if they can make me sound like a guy.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Theres a pretty odd phenomena amongst 'gamer girls' that Ive noticed... It's like nearly half of them get very territorial and don't like it when another female is around or something. That woman in particular could get real nasty toward other chicks in the guild. A few guys had their wives brought in - most of them were bad at the game and just played casually... But she always got really catty with them. I think she just hated girls, or something.
    I bet there's a lot to psychoanalyze there.

I kind of miss it, TBH. In WoW these days I am a tank, so I have to talk. I should get one of those voice mod programs and see if they can make me sound like a guy.
    It wouldn't be that hard. Women and men pitch actually overlaps in the F3-C4 range (although your Minnie-Mouse voice will likely need to be dropped a few notches), it's mostly the resonance that will give you away ... it needs a "chest reverb" etc.

...And technically, it doesn't really have to sound Male, it just has to sound Not Female and people will assume the rest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It wouldn't be that hard. Women and men pitch actually overlaps in the F3-C4 range (although your Minnie-Mouse voice will likely need to be dropped a few notches), it's mostly the resonance that will give you away ... it needs a "chest reverb" etc.

...And technically, it doesn't really have to sound Male, it just has to sound Not Female and people will assume the rest.
    Yeah... Theres no way I can get my voice to sound male without some sort of modifier. I still remember someone on vent saying, "Holy shit, I knew you were a girl, but you sound so sweet, I expected to hear a lumberjack with laryngitis."
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Just curious, did most people think I'm a girl because of my avatar, or my personality (not ENFP per-se, but rather my general persona)?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

A combination of the two probably.

MBTI
    ----

dear everyone, i am very girly.

cheers
    strawberries