User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    if you are a guy and don't completely submit to what a woman wants, she will usually call you a sexist or a chauvenist and label you as judgemental and insecure (look who's talking).
    Dude, that's pretty sexist. No joke.

acknowledging scientifically proven difference between males and females does not make you a sexist,
    Correct.

nor does being assertive with a woman
    Correct. (assuming the woman is also "allowed" to be assertive.)

or wanting to wear the pants in the family.
    Incorrect.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Weaksauce.

"I'm not here to make friends"
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's racist!: just because you make a joke about a particular race doesn't make you a racist. in fact, the person calling you a racist is probably a racist themselves (ie, thinking it's wrong to say something about black people but that saying things about asians or whites is fine).

that's sexist!: this one is even worse. if you are a guy and don't completely submit to what a woman wants, she will usually call you a sexist or a chauvenist and label you as judgemental and insecure (look who's talking). acknowledging scientifically proven difference between males and females does not make you a sexist, nor does being assertive with a woman or wanting to wear the pants in the family.

you're trolling!: this one comes up a lot recently. if you say anything with a disagreeable tone or even just disagree with what someone else wrote, people instantly assume you're trolling. sure, some people legitimately are, but it's about intention, not opinion. real discussion is going to have disagreaments and perhaps emotional conviction, this is not the same as deliberately going to a thread and posting hate comments for their own sake

go green: this is the cheesiest and most ridiculous sounding guilt trip ploy I've ever come across to get people to buy "green" products. I have no idea how people regurgitate these kinds of slogans without realizing how brainwashed and silly they sound.

if people could just
    1) think for themselves
    2) actually listen to what people are saying
    3) not assume the worst possible connotation of what someone says
    4) not be so easily offended, especially about things that have nothing to do with them
    we could easily avoid such ridiculous overused jargon and have real conversations with people
    Spot on!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

"I know, right?" Statement + question = you don't know.

"Random" If only I had a dollar, wait.. if only I had a bar of gold...

"You know what I'm sayen?" no... but I now know your require validation.. and if your not sure of what your sayen I'm definately not backing it...
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

You know what I'm tired of hearing?

"Why are you in the women's shower area? Get out!"

So sick of that bullshit!

Ginkgo

no homo

no incest

no bestiality

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd wager the 'FML' and knock-offs are up there, too. Along 95% of whatever people post on facebook. So predictable, boring, and embarrassing.

"FAIL" "EPIC WIN" etc. God damn.

math/nerd/geek humor. Stuff like xkcd. Not a phrase...but I want to shoehorn it in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    I think the word "random" is overused, and often not used correctly. I am guilty of this as well.
    Yes, same here with my one contribution to this forum.

Duuuudddeee!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Coincidentally, the first term the thread title made me think of is "PC police" (and "political correctness" in general). Of course there are cases where good intentions are taken to ridiculous consequences, but in my experience, when somebody uses the expression "pc police", little good is going to follow after that. It is an easy way of painting yourself as somehow heroic by pretending that "they" (the conspiracy out there) won't let you express your opinion. (Germany for example has a moderatly conservative government. The media landscape is more or less evenly distributed between the moderate right and the moderate left with a few outliers in both directions. But every time somebody produces a right wing position that is shared by many of the guys down in the pub, he or she is hailed as a brave defier of taboos and political correctness, even when they say nothing that hasn't been said before a million times.)

Another favorite is the increasing number of anglicisms used in everyday speech. If you want to sound cool, young and dynamic and show that you are a man of the world, use loads of English words - the more the better!

The second point is something very German (or maybe European), but the first one seems to apply to most of the western world.

And a third one: chat acronyms = :steam: Seriously, text messaging is one thing, but why not take the extra second for a post that will still be here in a few years time?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari