8w9

White privilege

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    White privilege
    I use the term First World Privilege or First Class Privilege anymore. Race isn't as important as it once was (not to say it no longer exists, it's just no longer as important, and because class tends to be determined by the opportunities of fathers and grandfathers, which for blacks reached a pinnacle of "elevator operator" or "doorman" back in the 50s and 60s, the poor are disproportionately non-white). Rather, class and (of course) location matter. If you think those terms are overused, I think you take too much of what you got in life for granted.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If you think those terms are overused, I think you take too much of what you got in life for granted.
    And I think you haven't the slightest God damn idea who I am.

A window to the soul

"Gad damn"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    And I think you haven't the slightest God damn idea who I am.
    No, no I don't. Here's what I infer: I know you have internet access and, based on being a member of an internet forum and how long you've been a member, have some familiarity with the way the internet works and are not new to it. I can safely guess you use that access (a privilege in and of itself) a fair amount, implying free time and the ability to use it how you see fit and with the freedom to say what you please (since you seem to be politically outspoken). I also assume access to entertainment and some level of income and free time based on post count and the fact that you are apparently a fan of an American sitcom (avatar). Similarly, I assume you to be American. Given the John Adams quote and location, plus the affinity for a Florida sports team, and again the nature of your political outspokenness, I'd guess you've been here most or all your life. Based again on that quote, the level of cultural awareness I've seen you display here and there, and your writing and grammar abilities, I assume you are educated and had schooling of at least fair quality.

The culmination of these things leads me to guess it is not outrageous you have a bit more privilege than someone in Uganda, or, for that matter, some of worst areas of America, and have had those benefits for some time (if not since birth). I would assume if you came from those circumstances your perspective would make it hard for you to take things for granted or think the idea of "first world privilege" is absurd or shoved down people's throats (especially since it also implies someone you love, like your parents or childhood friends, had very little). I'm not saying my background is any less or more, only what I assume to be the case based on the best educated guesses I can make with the information available. It leads me to doubt that, say, you've ever had to extensively worry about finding clean water or lived in a project or an area where, say, witnessing or temptation to partake in drug dealing was a part of everyday life from a young age as it is in many extremely poor areas in America. You also read and write at at least a high school level, which is rare in both many third world nations and many poor areas in this nation, again implying you are likely from neither (though you may be, it is statistically/logically less likely). All based only on the available evidence.

It is, of course, possible you were raised in the slums of Guatemala, became wealthy of your own accord with zero help and took a heavy interest in American politics, history and popular culture, as well as Jungian psychology and the internet. I can't know that for sure. If my initial assessment was wildly off-base, and this latter situation applies, then of course that makes things quite different. If my assessment is more or less in tact, however, I don't regret claiming that we are in fact extremely privileged and I don't think noting that, not even noting it very often, is wrong or "overused" but humbling.

To say what I mean better than I say it:

http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-c-k...eople-problems

Hell, this whole thread is pretty much us expressing our First World Privilege/White People Problems/whatever. "UGH! People shouldn't SAY that so MUCH!"
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

"true."
    ====

"Hey, what are you up to?"
    "Nm, just chillin'. Prolly grab some snacks in a bit. You?"
    "Bored as hell."
    "True."

My INTJ calls me out on that all the time...
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    "true."
    ====

"Hey, what are you up to?"
    "Nm, just chillin'. Prolly grab some snacks in a bit. You?"
    "Bored as hell."
    "True."

My INTJ calls me out on that all the time...
    I know it, so true.

!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

I really hate the word "bro". Every time I hear or see it, I kill a water molecule with my teeth.

Phrases I overuse because I love them:

For the win
    Oh snap
    TWSH (you can blame an entire tribe of ENTPs for initiating me into that club)
    Ehl oh ehl (I actually say it out loud instead of laughing. There is something wrong with me.)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Which is why I said white privilege. Duh some Nicaraguan ditch digger has it tougher. But some Nicaraguan who can't even find that job has it tougher than that guy. It's all relative, and I prefer to leave the obviously less well off second and third world nations out of the comparison. Comparing the plights between our populace and theirs leads to such obvious conclusions that in my mind its a waste of time.

More importantly, that Nicaraguan ditch digger is less likely to think he has it rough compared to Americans, and more likely think it sucks that his neighbor who's a professor at the University gets paid so much more. People do see the differences between themselves and other less or more fortunate parts of the world, but that difference isn't as likely to hit home for them, as the one between themselves and the guy living across the street in the nicer dwelling that they see every day.

This is why I said white privilege. Because I was leaving second and third world nations out of the comparison, because any conclusions rendered from such comparisons are so obvious as to be common knowledge. What I was referring to specifically was the term as used by others in the US to hate on whitey. Or others on this board, that use it, who certainly lead lives that leave them wanting for little.

Hell, this whole thread is pretty much us expressing our First World Privilege/White People Problems/whatever. "UGH! People shouldn't SAY that so MUCH!"
    All those third world people would be complaining about the same shit if they have been raised here instead of us. Like I said it's all relative, and no matter how good it gets we're always gonna find something that:

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    No, no I don't. Here's what I infer: I know you have internet access and, based on being a member of an internet forum and how long you've been a member, have some familiarity with the way the internet works and are not new to it. I can safely guess you use that access (a privilege in and of itself) a fair amount, implying free time and the ability to use it how you see fit and with the freedom to say what you please (since you seem to be politically outspoken). I also assume access to entertainment and some level of income and free time based on post count and the fact that you are apparently a fan of an American sitcom (avatar). Similarly, I assume you to be American. Given the John Adams quote and location, plus the affinity for a Florida sports team, and again the nature of your political outspokenness, I'd guess you've been here most or all your life. Based again on that quote, the level of cultural awareness I've seen you display here and there, and your writing and grammar abilities, I assume you are educated and had schooling of at least fair quality.

The culmination of these things leads me to guess it is not outrageous you have a bit more privilege than someone in Uganda, or, for that matter, some of worst areas of America, and have had those benefits for some time (if not since birth). I would assume if you came from those circumstances your perspective would make it hard for you to take things for granted or think the idea of "first world privilege" is absurd or shoved down people's throats (especially since it also implies someone you love, like your parents or childhood friends, had very little). I'm not saying my background is any less or more, only what I assume to be the case based on the best educated guesses I can make with the information available. It leads me to doubt that, say, you've ever had to extensively worry about finding clean water or lived in a project or an area where, say, witnessing or temptation to partake in drug dealing was a part of everyday life from a young age as it is in many extremely poor areas in America. You also read and write at at least a high school level, which is rare in both many third world nations and many poor areas in this nation, again implying you are likely from neither (though you may be, it is statistically/logically less likely). All based only on the available evidence.

It is, of course, possible you were raised in the slums of Guatemala, became wealthy of your own accord with zero help and took a heavy interest in American politics, history and popular culture, as well as Jungian psychology and the internet. I can't know that for sure. If my initial assessment was wildly off-base, and this latter situation applies, then of course that makes things quite different. If my assessment is more or less in tact, however, I don't regret claiming that we are in fact extremely privileged and I don't think noting that, not even noting it very often, is wrong or "overused" but humbling.

To say what I mean better than I say it:

http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-c-k...eople-problems

The word, "concise" is not in your lexicon.