User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I would go into a deep depression.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I would convert to Hinduism.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Kill the friend to save them from hell. That's brilliant. I'm sure they'll thank you later.
    I know. I can't wait until I get to heaven and we can talk about it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Neither. I would try to figure out WHY they are going to make those damning choices later on, and work on helping them grow in ways that will ultimately prevent them from making those chances in the first place.
    But then you're really taking a risk with your friend's eternal happiness, you know -- all that time you spent talking, they could slowly be tipping the scales right into the Pit. Why throw good money after bad? Maybe they should cut their losses before they lose everything!

Depends: did you talk to Him before making your decision? If so, did you follow His advice, or did you decide to do your own stuff anyway?
    Well, I'd log it with the Big Guy, but if He's not answering his phone or takes too long to get back to me, well, He'd understand I was just doing what I thought was best, right? (If he cared, maybe he'd call me back sooner!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ooo! Ooo! I have another question, sort of like this one:

If I knew that someone was doing okay right now but that soon enough they'd make choices that would damn them to hell -- well, should I kill them now to save their immortal soul, or should I let them damn themselves by allowing sin to accumulate in their spiritual bank account?

(And would God consider this a sin on my part, or would he reward me for thinking so highly of my friend and wanting to see them in heaven?)

This one's a toughie.
    I would go to that friend and start a conversation like, "Hypothetically speaking....if you had this friend that was doing okay right now but that soon enough they'd make choices....."

And then I'd get their answer and act according to their "hypothetical wishes."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But then you're really taking a risk with your friend's eternal happiness, you know -- all that time you spent talking, they could slowly be tipping the scales right into the Pit.
    True. But it's not up to me to decide on their future happiness. I have no right to do that. And quite frankly: if even after all that talking, they still decide to do something so bad that it will land them in Hell, then I think Hell is where they belong anyway. People don't do horrible things for no reason. You have to seriously "think horrible" before you "do horrible". Nobody can end up in Hell accidentally.

Well, I'd log it with the Big Guy, but if He's not answering his phone or takes too long to get back to me, well, He'd understand I was just doing what I thought was best, right? (If he cared, maybe he'd call me back sooner!)
    Give Him an ultimatum: "Unless you tell me not to in the next week, this is what I'm going to do"

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    If you knew that hell was where you were going because let's say you sold your soul to the devil. Or just knew that hell was where you were going would you be more incline to do something really evil then if you still had a chance at going not to hell?
    Nope... if I'm going to do something evil... I would have done it regardless of whether I'll go to hell or not. But let's say I know for sure I'm going to hell, then I'll likely ponder on what hell looks like... Make predictions and see how close to the truth I am. Probably while I'm at it, I'll wonder what heaven looks like as well... and while I'm at it... the purgatory. Afterall if one exists, chances are the others will too.

what if you were going to die in the next five minutes?
    Try to come up with a list of what I wanna do assuming there's life after death. Or just ponder about how dying feels like.

MBTI
    ENFj

I would provably do some illegal stuff on the side and have as much fun as possible to prevent me form going into deep depression and paranoia.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't even beleive in hell!

I can't go if I don't beleive, right?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

If you knew that hell was where you were going because let's say you sold your soul to the devil. Or just knew that hell was where you were going would you be more incline to do something really evil then if you still had a chance at going not to hell?
    No, I don't think so. It would fly in the face of my ethical values which aren't based on that concept... but I probably would either stay inebriated or high on something.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'll consider it only if the Easter Bunny is there to greet me with my goody basket and Santa stops by each Christmas with lotsa presents!
    Time is a delicate mistress.