User Tag List

First 12

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Bingo! He's a fast driver thinking minutes.
    Actually, that does sound similar. I do drive fast. I also tend to count from the north end of the golden triangle on north, because that's the end of what I consider the San Diego Metro Area.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Bingo! He's a fast driver thinking minutes.
    Or maybe I'm not so good with the ratios...kekekeke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    He drives at 120 miles an hour?
    Um....sure.

Just a hypothetical situation...man this reminds me I'm gonna have to really brush up on my quantitative when I take the GMAT.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Actually, a CA thing is to tell people distance in minutes.
    I also talk in minutes, rather than miles. When people ask me how far away work is from point X, I tell them it is Y minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I have a problem with people who don't STFU and can't take a hint that you don't want to chat with them. Not great with estimating distances, either. Interesting hypothesis, tho.
    I was definitely giving her the look, too. She must've been stupid to think that I didn't dislike her immensely.

On the flight, the people next to me caught on to the fact I wasn't interested in talking to them. I couldn't figure out if the girl next to me was disgusted by or interested in me. Clearly from up here, though - nobody would be caught dead with stupid/ugly hair and clothes like that where I live. It's getting easier and easier to identify foreigners down there...

Even Angelenos stand out to me...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENFj

I ran 2 miles today and boy I can tell you that does suckers do seem to be a lot shorter until you run them.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    isfj

Actually, a CA thing is to tell people distance in minutes. I had no concept and still have very little concept of miles. In traffic, over mountains, in bad weather, miles are meaningless and misleading.

I like to know how soon I'll get somewhere rather than how much ground I'll cover.

I noticed when I moved to the east coast nobody thinks or answers like this.

"How far away is X?"

I say "20 minutes, 30 minutes in traffic, 15 minutes if you speed"

East Coasters say, "About 12 miles"

WTH does that mean?
    i do the minutes thing.... miles are irrelevant when you're sitting in traffic.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I also talk in minutes, rather than miles. When people ask me how far away work is from point X, I tell them it is Y minutes.
    Same here. In fact, if someone tells me in miles I will ask them to translate into mins if it's a place I've never driven to. Time is really what I care about.

I don't think describing driving distances in minutes instead of miles is a west coast thing...I grew up on the east coast and that's what we did there, too.

I also overestimate distance if I'm giving it in miles. It takes so freaking long to get anywhere here that you begin to think the distance is a lot longer than it is.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually, a CA thing is to tell people distance in minutes. I had no concept and still have very little concept of miles.
    It's not just a CA thing. I'm used to it too and I live in the midwest. Rather than miles, I usually give the average time at the average speed.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't think describing driving distances in minutes instead of miles is a west coast thing...I grew up on the east coast and that's what we did there, too.
    so that about settles it.
    I don't wanna!