User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

nobody ever remembers STPs
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What made you convert?
    I had classmates who studied the bible with me and showed me what God required of me. Where I was going didn't really teach that there were any absolutes, it was all so watered down with an "everybody's OK" message. I've always felt that if God is seeking to have a relationship with us, He would make Himself known to us in a way we can understand and give us at least a few black and white guidelines. I suppose it had to do with my personality type, but I craved the stability and consistency. I didn't have it at home, or at school, so the church of Christ who teaches that there are absolutes and that you can be sure of certain things was appealing to me, I suppose. However, I've never felt restrained in anyway, more liberated, actually. In most everything I see a lot of gray areas, and the older I get even moreso, but the one exception for me is my faith. That may sound silly, but I've always felt like I could count on God and the teachings of the scriptures staying the same and able to be understood by anyone sincerely seeking truth.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    nobody ever remembers STPs
    Ha, my minister is an ISTP! I actually asked him a while back.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yep.

Also see: not all SFJs are prudes, not all women who like sex are SFPs, not all women who won't go home with you are FJ, and not all FPs are push-overs.

Keirsey stereotypes perpetuate this kind of thing, I actually read a description on-line that most SJs don't care about the female orgasm, that SJ men are grateful to women for performing their wifely duty, that all people turned on my emotional fighting or horror movies must be SPs, and that most feminists are NFs.

I just love it. It makes my heart sing.
    fixed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think that Ns are often not religious at all, but Ns who are religious can often be more passionate and certain about their religious belief than any SJ ever thought of being.
    Do you think that N's in general are less likely to take their spirituality for granted, whatever their specific beliefs (including atheism or agnosticism)? By that, I mean that they make the effort to study and understand it, and really consider their belief system, rather than just accepting what they were brought up with, or what prevails in their community?

Quote Originally Posted by southern_lawyer View Post
    That may sound silly, but I've always felt like I could count on God and the teachings of the scriptures staying the same and able to be understood by anyone sincerely seeking truth.
    Do you think you would stand a chance against Joseph Ratzinger in a debate as to how the words of the scripture should be understood?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Do you think that N's in general are less likely to take their spirituality for granted, whatever their specific beliefs (including atheism or agnosticism)? By that, I mean that they make the effort to study and understand it, and really consider their belief system, rather than just accepting what they were brought up with, or what prevails in their community?
    Yes, that's what I think.

Sensors can do this too, but I just think it's a little less likely. Though I think STs are a little more likely to this than SFs, and SPs more likely than SJs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by southern_lawyer View Post
    I always read that minister is one of the careers for ENFJ's, and I know several ministers that are that type. I want to inquire into their conceptions of God, now.
    Uh yeah because they would make the best cult leader in the universe.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Do you think you would stand a chance against Joseph Ratzinger in a debate as to how the words of the scripture should be understood?
    Yes. Although, that's easy for me to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think that Ns are often not religious at all, but Ns who are religious can often be more passionate and certain about their religious belief than any SJ ever thought of being.
    Do you mind if I ask you to clarify what you mean by this?

Sensors may be more likely to be religious, but I think a lot of that might be more due to not questioning their assumptions or being that interested in focusing on anything that isn't concrete. The idea of god is not concrete, so they usually just accept it without really wanting to focus on it... but really, they still mostly live their lives in the concrete world.
    There are tons of people who [think they can] find concrete "proof" of God in the physical world, and this is often the basis of their faith. Aren't there?

I mean, think about it... an N who really believes god exists, is thinking about the idea of god all the time, and how the concepts in the world around them relate to their concept of god. An S who believes in god... is really not focused on the idea of god itself, but on the physical world.
    What are you basing this on? Out of curiosity.

I have to admit, usually when I'm talking about Sensors, I'm talking about ISJs. I'm not usually thinking about STPs.
    Even then, it's very puzzling (no offense).