MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

OMGZ me too.

I'd rather somebody say, like, totally bro to me all day long than "meh."

I think it might be a cultural association, though. I take no issue with the culture which perpetuated the Valley, surfer, stoner, or bro way of talking, and internalized it at a young age...but "meh" just makes me think of pretentious Internet dorks.

I'm sure there are also people who hate lolcat speak beyond all measure. Whar iz AJ Blaise, ennywai?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Out of the phrases listed in that poll, the one that really gets on my nerves is, "It is what it is." Partly because my Dad used to say it all the time, and also because I think it's poor logic that tells you nothing. What if you're WRONG about what it is in the first place, huh, Einstein?! Then it wouldn't be what you thought it was, now would it?

A window to the soul

Meh *is* cute.

None of those words bother me.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    come on now... that's just not cool
    Agreed. This thread is blasphemy. Do not like.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

lol! none of those words/phrases grates on me as much as "obviously". i feel like when someone says "obviously" it's an insult to anyone who doesn't find it so obvious.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My theory is that people are going to be more annoyed by words which do not connect them to their own identifiable "in-groups." Academics, for example, and other professionals tend to set themselves aside from others with specialized vocabulary based upon their education and training. Ebonics is associated with certain groups of African-Americans. Southerners say "y'all." People who were young in the 60's who identified with counterculture are going to possibly still say that things are "groovy" or "far out." L33T internet geeks are going to talk like L33T internet geeks. Etc.

I internalized the filler words "like, totally, anyway" in high school, and they have never left me. It makes me feel warm and connected to my old friends to speak that way, and I'm sure that it helped to keep them in my speech pattern that I also later surrounded myself with social groups that used those same words, as well as other slang or filler speech, like "dude" and copious profanities.

I know how to write and speak "properly" but my hostility toward upper-middle class conservative ways of thinking probably subconsciously puts me back on the Valley girl/surfer/hippie/bro default mode when I'm speaking. That's how I really talk when I'm uninhibited, and it also shows up in my posts if I'm being more chatty and conversational rather than attempting SRS BIZNESS.

And ofc, I adopted lolcat speech from my rich and disturbing on-line life.

People who do not identify with these groups will probably have more hostility toward slang and filler words I regularly use, just as I have hostility toward "speaking properly" even though I majored in English Lit.

Ginkgo

Whatever gos, gos!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1aqgHev0rI&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I rarely even notice "whatever" (the word, not the user) so it's not annoying to me. "Like" annoys me waaaay more, but I still find myself saying it.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    yupp

"alot" reminds me of http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

so as a result I'm very careful to write "a lot" and not "alot"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Whatever bro