User Tag List

First 12

This Aristophanes guy apparently didn't see the Lawnmower Man. What a dumbass.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Stupid as in lack of experience doesn't last forever. Stupidity as in lack of IQ only lasts until you die.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Agreed.

The message seemed pretty clear. I think some are getting too caught up on the terminology, rather that what the quote itself was trying to express. I interpreted as saying all the other factors are temporal, whereas stupidity (either in action or thought process) is essentially incurable.
    I agree.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It depends on how you interpret the statement.

Stupid lasts forever in the sense that human nature is not perfect and never will be and people will continue to make mistakes throughout the remainder of human existence.

Throughout time there have been people who have done incredibly stupid things. Most people would probably agree that the holocaust was incredibly stupid. It hasn't been forgotten about and I don't think it will be, at least not for a very very long time. Maybe in thousands of years for now, there will be more incredibly stupid actions by humans so that the holocaust is nothing more than a very small blip by comparison but I doubt even then it will have have been completely forgotten about. Unless we all die first.

Stupidity doesn't last forever in the sense that someone could do something stupid due to inexperience or being uninformed or just not caring at the time. In that case people can learn and avoid repeating the same mistakes again.

If you take stupid to mean someone who has a low IQ due to some genetic mental deficiency, that person will always be stupid in the sense of intelligence (unless some cure is found). That stupidity doesn't last forever though. Only through that person's life.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I disagree.

The statement is way too vauge on what exactly stupidity is (are we talking about lack of intelligence, foolishness, what?) and it mentioned how ignorance and all those other things somehow aren't eternal, yet they are in every passing generation of humans. Hell those other things could be on par with stupidity, or perhaps I am being too critical?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Stupidity doesn't last forever in the sense that someone could do something stupid due to inexperience or being uninformed or just not caring at the time. In that case people can learn and avoid repeating the same mistakes again.
    That former would be ignorance whereas repeating the same mistakes without realization would be stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    If you take stupid to mean someone who has a low IQ due to some genetic mental deficiency, that person will always be stupid in the sense of intelligence (unless some cure is found). That stupidity doesn't last forever though. Only through that person's life.
    You're taking it entirely too literal.