User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Is it usual that woman do seem to surpress individuality in female groups for the sake of superficial companionship ?
    Is this a tentative lead-in to the possibility that the meaning of being a woman is self-sacrifice?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Is this a tentative lead-in to the possibility that the meaning of being a woman is self-sacrifice?
    That could be possible, but for that woman must take themselves quite serious
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

That could be possible, but for that woman must take themselves quite serious
    Hrm, it's probably a common attribute, however most women only self-sacrifice to an unusual degree if they choose marriage/kids or a life of asceticism and that's not really meta-inclusive.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya, I even read some are living with those "men" they need to prepare food for all day, wash their clothes and care for them when they are hurt. Sounds pretty disturbing

Ya, I even read some are living with those "men" they need to prepare food for all day, wash their clothes and care for them when they are hurt. Sounds pretty disturbing
    You're not even trying to contribute to the discussion at hand, are you?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

To be honest, I never understood what a meta-perspective is :/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It's how people convince themselves that they're wise beyond their years generally
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    It's how people convince themselves that they're wise beyond their years generally
    Fortunately that's not what's happening here.

Do you two have any theories on the meaning of being a woman?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    actually, I wasn't really aware that there was any really real ""drama"" going on until I bravely clicked on the woman thread. Oh.
    Well... what's a "woman's" thread without drama, after all?

Anyway, it looks as though many things that segment populations is gonna cause a divisive attitude when they're actually aired out, no matter how trivial those things are. In the past week, I've seen threads on men/women, [MBTI dichotomy pole 1]/[MBTI dichotomy pole 2], and cat lovers/dog lovers devolve into utter chaos as people from the two groups wage war.
    It's serious business. When cats and dogs start living together, things get really ugly.

... I'm having trouble telling what this thread is about.
    So the other thread is just superficial, and this one's supposed to be deeper?

Can anyone even articulate what they feel like as a woman or "what it's about," without either sounding vague, unfashionable, or being shot down immediately by lots of other people with different views?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... I'm having trouble telling what this thread is about.
    So the other thread is just superficial, and this one's supposed to be deeper?

Can anyone even articulate what they feel like as a woman or "what it's about," without either sounding vague, unfashionable, or being shot down immediately by lots of other people with different views?
    It's a thread for the deeply intellectual and while I did enjoy what Iwakar posted and a couple of others, most of the posts deviated from the thread topic, so it got confusing. So as a superficial member with near ADD, my attention wandered off to pretty shoes.

For myself, until I figure out the meaning of my life, it's impossible to describe the subcategory meaning of being a woman. Call me depth challenged.