User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Here's a thread for the hijackers of "What you love about being a woman" thread.

Have at it, all you intellectual individuals.
    Well, I'm not a hijacker, but I'd like to contribute anyway. This is a tough topic and I like a challenge.

It is difficult to assign meaning to something that I cannot choose for myself. The female experience deviates so much from individual to individual that any input will be entirely subjective... even the human experience deviates, so this is difficult to parse out.

I am curious if there are any overarching trends among women (i.e. objective trends)... a sort of communal umbrella. I'll take a stab at this with that in mind...

To be desired.

^That isn't to say men don't want to be desired, but I don't think it's as high on their totem pole (no pun intended) as it is ours. And it isn't to say that women don't have other priorities on their plate, but this is probably top 3 in conscious and unconscious aims among most women barring mental illness... Perhaps men need to be needed as much as we need to be wanted (sought/desired) and this small, but large difference is what establishes our boundary from one another.

It's also difficult to assign any meaning/significance etc. when I'm not sure if I should be answering based on mother nature's (or God's, or a higher power's) perspective and their projected purpose onto me, or my own perspective and those of us living the experience.

What do you think? Hit or miss?

(Also, lulz @ bologna.)
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Very cool, Iwakar!

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

The Meaning of Being a Woman = XX
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I like wearing skirts and dresses, sometimes pretending you're dumb isn't a bad thing either.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by thea View Post
    I like wearing skirts and dresses, sometimes pretending you're dumb isn't a bad thing either.
    This seems like a good post for the What Do You Love About Being A Woman? thread.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

The motivations of internet bullies are so transparent that they've become cliche. /smh

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Come on now, you can do it, you can express your deep thoughts about the meaning of being a woman. Or is it that it's much easier to criticise and pass judgment, than it is to express your own purported depth?
    I assume you're referring to your own short-sightedness... right? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    That's certainly a biological/genetic umbrella.

/bump thread

Legitimate discourse is welcome! I'm interested in seeing more attempts to assign meta-significance to womanhood.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Is it usual that woman do seem to surpress individuality in female groups for the sake of superficial companionship ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Is it usual that woman do seem to surpress individuality in female groups for the sake of superficial companionship ?
    Not I Mister!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    ...and O's

Looking forward to reading more deep and intellectual discussion about the meaning of being a woman.