User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I mentioned several pages back that I really wished people would not speak on my behalf. Someone kept on saying "we" when making their point about N's and my skin was crawling. How utterly cringe worthy. *shivers*

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I don't think sensors are helpless victims. I think that intuitives are not victims. Making up some nonsense in your head about how oppressed you are when 90% pf the world doesn't even understand the difference between sensors and intuitives is just plain nuts.
    I also mentioned this several pages back. I am happy to hear some common sense as I see it.

Ginkgo

Oh, woe is me. I'm the victim in everything. Ss are out to get me! If I'm not careful, they might just try to anchor me to reality! The horror!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Oh, woe is me. I'm the victim in everything. Ss are out to get me! If I'm not careful, they might just try to anchor me to reality! The horror!
    All right, I've got the anchor... Where is this N that doesn't want to be anchored to reality?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    There's nothing insane about being way off topic and each having conversations with ourselves. Think about it like this.. It's like a big room full of people, each sitting alone and talking. Some shouting. Others laughing. What is insane here?
    Would you like to go out for coffee?
    I could use a danish.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I wish I could say, "my favorite person on the forum is a Sensor" without it sounding like "Yeah well I saw a black person, on the bus once, therefore I'm not racist!"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram

I don't know if I would use the word "oppressed", since that conjures up images of cotton fields in the South and feels like an overstatement, but sometimes being an N makes my life a little trickier. Trust me, I grew up in a family and town filled to the brim with Sensors. I am not saying I can't function (Because obviously, after living there most of your life, you learn), but it is frustrating to always be forced to operate outside your comfort zone.

I worked on a farm for a few summers, and my boss use to think it was hilarious how clueless I was. All the other workers used to call me "shit-for-brains" because I was so absent-minded and daydreamed all the time, although eventually I learned to become more in tune with the physical details of my surroundings and they started to lay off a bit. Now I'm not saying, those sensors were dumbasses, because while they laughed at me for forgetting to lock the gate, I was solving a complex equation or envisioning a utopia in which all races and creeds are equal. I think I just saw one thing, which made me think of some book I read about farms, which made me think of a movie, which made me think about something irrelevant to farming altogether. But I wasn't doing it on purpose, I don't even notice my attention has lapsed a lot of times, until something snaps me back into "reality". But at the same time, sometimes I would have ideas on how to get work done faster or easier, and they would be very surprised ol' "shit-for-brains" thought of that. Still, a few tricks were certainly not equal to their experience and know-how. I always felt pretty stupid around these guys. I never really knew what to do, or how to do things, whereas everyone else picked it up so naturally. New people would come in and become better workers than me, without really trying very hard.

Edit: I am not saying physical skill equals S, but I always had a hard time giving the sensory details much attention, because I kept getting distracted by irrelevant little connections I was making mentally. Therefore, I made a lot of mistakes that seemed to the S-workers as pure carelessness and that I had contempt for the job. But I really did make an honest effort, and when I really forced myself to pay close attention to my senses and surroundings, I found I did the job very thoroughly, but very slowly. I could not operate on a quick and sophisticated level and it was very frustrating

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Edit: I am not saying physical skill equals S, but I always had a hard time giving the sensory details much attention, because I kept getting distracted by irrelevant little connections I was making mentally. Therefore, I made a lot of mistakes that seemed to the S-workers as pure carelessness and that I had contempt for the job. But I really did make an honest effort, and when I really forced myself to pay close attention to my senses and surroundings, I found I did the job very thoroughly, but very slowly. I could not operate on a quick and sophisticated level and it was very frustrating
    Yeah, even at the best of my ability, I wasn't considered detailed enough, or "grounded enough," or "common sense" enough in whatever I tried. Sometimes I felt really blown off by family and friends and organizations, and was seen as somewhat eccentric or weird no matter how hard I worked to make a connection or operate concretely. A lot of my work happened on an abstract level and wasn't really seen as work; even if they would claim to appreciate my thoughts and ideas, in the end it was still a matter of "are you productive?" where productivity meant producing tangible, observable things, and unless I could translate all of my thinking and preplanning into tangible explanation that they could follow, step by step, to "prove" that I was doing something of value.

In academia, I was given a pass because I was able to see and understand things easily... but among my peers, I was considered to come from another planet even if they weren't openly antagonizing me. The fact I was focused on the interconnections between things left me not really being understandable by my classmates in school.

I mean, it is what it is. I did what I had to do to fit in, I learned how to speak their language and meet their criteria even if I felt like it took them MUCH longer to try to appreciate mine, and I would simply try to find friends and outlets apart from my main flow of life where I could just be me and not have to tailor myself to fit a more concrete world. We do what we have to do in order to survive. It's better than feeling ostractized or powerless one's whole life. Like I said, in the end, it's your life to live, regardless of what someone else is doing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I understand that this is frustrating....because it happens to me a lot, too. Even lumping together skill with preference, Se is not known for its love of detail. We can get to the same result (being thought of as careless) though different means, unfortunately. A lot of people don't understand that no matter how hard you try to remember something, sometimes even important things slip your mind. So if you don't have a working system to backup your memory like writing everything down (and do it successfully), you can come off as a total flake, even if you care deeply about the task.

NJ doesn't seem to have much trouble with detail, oddly. Maybe their big-picture Te/Fe plans put a priority on the details that are important, I don't know.
    Last edited by Randomnity; 03-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Here is just something I noticed in my family. The sensors did much better back then. Now as adults I would says the N's are doing much better than the sensors. The N's were troubled youths who got into all sorts of issues. It's funny, how the sensors are the ones with criminal records and no post secondary education.
    The S's were unable to control their substance abuse, and both ended up in jail because of it. Everyone predicted doom for my sister and I (the N's,) Yet she is doing much better than all of us, and I am a distant second.

This is just a curious observation, and in no way means or proves anything. Just that sensors can have a difficult time negotiating the world as well.