User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 373

  1. #291
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    theoretically speaking...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #292
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    If any moderator wants to lock this thread, I'm now fine with it to be locked. It appears that middle ground isn't possible.
    meaning you accused me of lying, which I did not do, and then ask for the thread to be locked?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #293
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    ohh where's my chart.



    i don't think it's impossible [to be balanced Se/Ne dom], though it's probably very unlikely. whatever could be (0, T, E) on a scale of (S/N, T/F, I/E). it would simply also balance her Si and Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor
    If any moderator wants to lock this thread, I'm now fine with it to be locked. It appears that middle ground isn't possible.
    because you tried to play thread leader and then ended up attacking someone who disagreed with you? that doesn't have anything to do with N and S, sorry.

  4. #294
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    ENTJs are scary when they get in Fi mode.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  5. #295
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    You've got people that write with their right hands, you've got others that write with their left
    Which leg do you run with?

  6. #296
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    because you tried to play thread leader and then ended up attacking someone who disagreed with you? that doesn't have anything to do with N and S, sorry.
    That's an interesting perception but it won't stop me from asking questions.

  7. #297
    Senior Member NegativeZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Which leg do you run with?
    Both, obviously. It is imperative to have both hands and both legs (both functions), but that doesn't change the matter of preference over them.

    @Jenaphor

    What do you define as "middle ground?" I'm curious.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

  8. #298
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    That's an interesting perception but it won't stop me from asking questions.
    it's always valuable to read one's posts from an outside perspective... for instance, I realize that I'm being somewhat bitchy today since I feel like shit

    this makes me especially annoyed by being cross examined
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #299
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    People are what they are when it comes to MBTI; cognitive bias and self-evaluation flaws are an inevitable part of one's type, but alas for your argument, this applies to everyone (even those that you believe to be accurately typed). There are obvious differences between N and S; let's establish that first. People prefer to use/excel at using (there is ground for a discrepancy between these two, I concede) one or the other. Now, let's take a look at another preference people have.
    This is obvious and doesn't contradict my "laughable theory." Mostly because people aren't born with their fucking type written in a birthmark on their ass. People have to figure out what type they are, and it's in the process of figuring it out that mistakes happen (either because of (1) lack of self-understanding, (2) lack of understanding of the system, and/or (3) being misguided by poor sources of information about the system.)

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    You've got people that write with their right hands, you've got others that write with their left, and then you've got a small minority that can do both. Would it be reasonable to say that just because there are many notable/intelligent/skilled/talented people that write with their right hands that most right-handers are simply left-handed people that want to be right-handed? No, not at all. I understand the difference between a left-hander and a right-hander can be more readily detected, but that doesn't change the validity of my analogy. People can't decide preference; as preference is, to a degree, predetermined by genetics and early childhood and then manifests as a human matures, develops interests, and reaches self-awareness.
    Your analogy is correct but it's irrelevant to the point you're trying to make about my "theory." Yes, people have preferences. Yes, they're born with them (at least, according to this system). The problem is in detecting what is your preference. The process by which everyone here attempts to do that is indeed open to persuasion by bad sources of information and bias.

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    Besides, the idea of group delusion among intuitives sounds very unlikely. IMO, INFP is one of the most disadvantageous types for social interactions, real-world tasks (e.g. job, everyday chores, fiscal management, etc), maintaining relationships, and self-stability. Basically, INFPs are just barely compatible with life from my perspective. However, I had no problem accepting the conclusion that I was one. Surely I can't speak for everyone, but the pleasantness (or lack thereof) of my typing may cause some cognitive dissonance, but it cannot be changed.
    I don't think everyone shares your perspective here. Moreover, none of this refutes what I said. That you decided to be an INFP because you're "basically incompatible with life" is your own business, and does not bear on anybody else's process of finding their type.

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    You have no reason to be such a bitter S, quite frankly. Being an N is totally useless unless you get lucky and end up in a career where it can be utilized and thereby admired. If you don't luck out, you end up seeming like that absent-minded, lazy, irresponsible waste to society that everyone wishes would just drop dead. After all, who cares about all our imagination and theories? None of it has anything to do with the real world, right? N ought to stand for 'novel,' because that's usually all it is in our conception of the grand scheme of things.
    Again, I don't think you can generalize your perspective to all Ns, nor can you generalize these N failings to all of the N types. And yet again, I don't know how you think this is a damning argument against my theory. If I am a "bitter S," it is only insofar as there is rampant misunderstanding about what this dichotomy means.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #300
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    That's an interesting perception but it won't stop me from asking questions.
    that's cool. i just didn't think the connection between [what's going on in the thread --> we should give up on communicating] really made sense.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Why I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
  2. [Enne] Even Though I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist...
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
  3. [INTP] INTP men, how do you behave when you are no longer attracted to a girl?
    By Almari in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  4. I forgot what I was going to talk about...
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO