User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

theoretically speaking...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    If any moderator wants to lock this thread, I'm now fine with it to be locked. It appears that middle ground isn't possible.
    meaning you accused me of lying, which I did not do, and then ask for the thread to be locked?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ohh where's my chart.

i don't think it's impossible [to be balanced Se/Ne dom], though it's probably very unlikely. whatever could be (0, T, E) on a scale of (S/N, T/F, I/E). it would simply also balance her Si and Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor
    If any moderator wants to lock this thread, I'm now fine with it to be locked. It appears that middle ground isn't possible.
    because you tried to play thread leader and then ended up attacking someone who disagreed with you? that doesn't have anything to do with N and S, sorry.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

ENTJs are scary when they get in Fi mode.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    You've got people that write with their right hands, you've got others that write with their left
    Which leg do you run with?

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    because you tried to play thread leader and then ended up attacking someone who disagreed with you? that doesn't have anything to do with N and S, sorry.
    That's an interesting perception but it won't stop me from asking questions.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Which leg do you run with?
    Both, obviously. It is imperative to have both hands and both legs (both functions), but that doesn't change the matter of preference over them.

@Jenaphor

What do you define as "middle ground?" I'm curious.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's always valuable to read one's posts from an outside perspective... for instance, I realize that I'm being somewhat bitchy today since I feel like shit

this makes me especially annoyed by being cross examined

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

People are what they are when it comes to MBTI; cognitive bias and self-evaluation flaws are an inevitable part of one's type, but alas for your argument, this applies to everyone (even those that you believe to be accurately typed). There are obvious differences between N and S; let's establish that first. People prefer to use/excel at using (there is ground for a discrepancy between these two, I concede) one or the other. Now, let's take a look at another preference people have.
    This is obvious and doesn't contradict my "laughable theory." Mostly because people aren't born with their fucking type written in a birthmark on their ass. People have to figure out what type they are, and it's in the process of figuring it out that mistakes happen (either because of (1) lack of self-understanding, (2) lack of understanding of the system, and/or (3) being misguided by poor sources of information about the system.)

You've got people that write with their right hands, you've got others that write with their left, and then you've got a small minority that can do both. Would it be reasonable to say that just because there are many notable/intelligent/skilled/talented people that write with their right hands that most right-handers are simply left-handed people that want to be right-handed? No, not at all. I understand the difference between a left-hander and a right-hander can be more readily detected, but that doesn't change the validity of my analogy. People can't decide preference; as preference is, to a degree, predetermined by genetics and early childhood and then manifests as a human matures, develops interests, and reaches self-awareness.
    Your analogy is correct but it's irrelevant to the point you're trying to make about my "theory." Yes, people have preferences. Yes, they're born with them (at least, according to this system). The problem is in detecting what is your preference. The process by which everyone here attempts to do that is indeed open to persuasion by bad sources of information and bias.

Besides, the idea of group delusion among intuitives sounds very unlikely. IMO, INFP is one of the most disadvantageous types for social interactions, real-world tasks (e.g. job, everyday chores, fiscal management, etc), maintaining relationships, and self-stability. Basically, INFPs are just barely compatible with life from my perspective. However, I had no problem accepting the conclusion that I was one. Surely I can't speak for everyone, but the pleasantness (or lack thereof) of my typing may cause some cognitive dissonance, but it cannot be changed.
    I don't think everyone shares your perspective here. Moreover, none of this refutes what I said. That you decided to be an INFP because you're "basically incompatible with life" is your own business, and does not bear on anybody else's process of finding their type.

You have no reason to be such a bitter S, quite frankly. Being an N is totally useless unless you get lucky and end up in a career where it can be utilized and thereby admired. If you don't luck out, you end up seeming like that absent-minded, lazy, irresponsible waste to society that everyone wishes would just drop dead. After all, who cares about all our imagination and theories? None of it has anything to do with the real world, right? N ought to stand for 'novel,' because that's usually all it is in our conception of the grand scheme of things.
    Again, I don't think you can generalize your perspective to all Ns, nor can you generalize these N failings to all of the N types. And yet again, I don't know how you think this is a damning argument against my theory. If I am a "bitter S," it is only insofar as there is rampant misunderstanding about what this dichotomy means.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

that's cool. i just didn't think the connection between [what's going on in the thread --> we should give up on communicating] really made sense.