User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 373

  1. #281
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    no need to applogize for you post... I WANT different perspectives on this here!

    I'm Se/Ni, so getting a Ne/Si view on things is great!
    And even in the thread you linked prior, you stated you were an intuitive aux albeit Ni not Ne.

    Strange.

  2. #282
    Senior Member NegativeZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Please. The idea that most of the Ns on this forum are actually Ns is nothing but group delusion. The reason there is N bias is because the differences in the quality of descriptions between Ss and Ns...
    Are you kidding? Please, tell me you're kidding. This theory is laughable.

    People are what they are when it comes to MBTI; cognitive bias and self-evaluation flaws are an inevitable part of one's type, but alas for your argument, this applies to everyone (even those that you believe to be accurately typed). There are obvious differences between N and S; let's establish that first. People prefer to use/excel at using (there is ground for a discrepancy between these two, I concede) one or the other. Now, let's take a look at another preference people have.

    You've got people that write with their right hands, you've got others that write with their left, and then you've got a small minority that can do both. Would it be reasonable to say that just because there are many notable/intelligent/skilled/talented people that write with their right hands that most right-handers are simply left-handed people that want to be right-handed? No, not at all. I understand the difference between a left-hander and a right-hander can be more readily detected, but that doesn't change the validity of my analogy. People can't decide preference; as preference is, to a degree, predetermined by genetics and early childhood and then manifests as a human matures, develops interests, and reaches self-awareness.

    Besides, the idea of group delusion among intuitives sounds very unlikely. IMO, INFP is one of the most disadvantageous types for social interactions, real-world tasks (e.g. job, everyday chores, fiscal management, etc), maintaining relationships, and self-stability. Basically, INFPs are just barely compatible with life from my perspective. However, I had no problem accepting the conclusion that I was one. Surely I can't speak for everyone, but the pleasantness (or lack thereof) of my typing may cause some cognitive dissonance, but it cannot be changed.

    You have no reason to be such a bitter S, quite frankly. Being an N is totally useless unless you get lucky and end up in a career where it can be utilized and thereby admired. If you don't luck out, you end up seeming like that absent-minded, lazy, irresponsible waste to society that everyone wishes would just drop dead. After all, who cares about all our imagination and theories? None of it has anything to do with the real world, right? N ought to stand for 'novel,' because that's usually all it is in our conception of the grand scheme of things.

    I would only agree with OP prima facie. Any type can do anything, we are not four letters on a page, mature adults develop underdeveloped functions, etc. Interesting contention nonetheless, and it is a thought I have often pondered before. If I had the choice, I would have chosen to be an ENTJ (or ESTJ).
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

  3. #283
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Fascinating. The post has either been amended or deleted. Even Athenian made reference to it and I saw it too.
    I didn't edit or delete anything

    my Ne and Se are balanced, but I still have Ti as my auxilliary... that's how the damned system is arranged
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #284
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I didn't edit or delete anything

    my Ne and Se are balanced, but I still have Ti as my auxilliary... that's how the damned system is arranged
    Weird how two members saw it and you don't recall it.

    How about this post?

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    no need to applogize for you post... I WANT different perspectives on this here!

    I'm Se/Ni, so getting a Ne/Si view on things is great!

  5. #285
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever
    I've been a duck out of water since birth and feel more comfortable on the outside by now!
    actually i grew up in a totally Fe/Ti family, and i usually feel more comfortable around Fe dom/aux than Fi dom/aux. somehow Fi dom/aux feel more threatening, because my Fi and theirs may be in contention. Fe dom/aux are easier to get along with. so... yeah. i feel more comfortable on the outside too.

    to back up negativezero: it's true that NPs have to fight rather hard to get our usefulness appreciated. we are often seen as lazy when we don't try to put our ideas in action and rebellious when we do.

    though often i feel like the MBTI pegs me as being much less adept and much more dramatic than i am. tbh, i've never really encountered something i don't feel like i could have competence in if i tried. personal difference is important too.

  6. #286
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    I didn't manipulate or delete any posts... and if you've ever watched my test scores v what I have decided that I identify with you'll notice a discrepancy that will explain everything
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #287
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I didn't manipulate or delete any posts... and if you've ever watched my test scores v what I have decided that I identify with you'll notice a discrepancy that will explain everything
    Fascinating. Perhaps athenian and I made it up just like intuitive children living in a S-environment make up their frustration?

    Anyways, the prior question and answer period with yourself, made my points for me. It is what it is.

  8. #288
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    and now it feels like you're accusing me of lying to you, which I absolutley did NOT do
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #289
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I didn't edit or delete anything

    my Ne and Se are balanced, but I still have Ti as my auxilliary... that's how the damned system is arranged
    There's no such thing. It's impossible in Jungian theory.

    You might have Ne with strong Si, or Se with strong Ni, but your Ne and Se are not balanced.

    Many ENFPs, like me for example, score high on Se because of clear Ne dominance, but upon closer examination I certainly have Si, and am more in touch with it maybe than some NFPs.

    Se and Ne would conflict within the same person.

  10. #290
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    If any moderator wants to lock this thread, I'm now fine with it to be locked. It appears that middle ground isn't possible.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Why I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
  2. [Enne] Even Though I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist...
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
  3. [INTP] INTP men, how do you behave when you are no longer attracted to a girl?
    By Almari in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  4. I forgot what I was going to talk about...
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO