User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ooh that's not funny

seriously though Je's actually do productive things. Ps respond. sure Ps have the advantage in momentary response but i think you could make a good argument for either in terms of being better at coping.
    That's what middle ground is for. It's the acceptance of either side's perspective without invalidation.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I see. So your experiences and perspectives are identical to all N dom and aux childhood experiences and understandings? Out of curiosity, what types are your parents and other family members?
    I come from an introverted family... INTP father, ISFJ mother and INFJ sister... I've been a duck out of water since birth and feel more comfortable on the outside by now!

I must say that I derive more pure JOY out of using Se than any other function out there though, so I self identify that direction... after all, that's all the tests do anyways- test how we want to see ourselves
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I come from an introverted family... INTP father, ISFJ mother and INFJ sister... I've been a duck out of water since birth and feel more comfortable on the outside by now!

I must say that I derive more pure JOY out of using Se than any other function out there though, so I self identify that direction... after all, that's all the tests do anyways- test how we want to see ourselves
    Okay, now we're getting somewhere! You had an INTP father and an INFJ sister, both intuitives. Might it be possible that they were more understanding about your Ne aux?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

the idea that everything has to fit into it's own proper little place is too NEAT- there's always exceptions when we're talking people
    I would have to agree with that.

That's one of the reasons I don't worry too much about S bias or N bias except when big arguments like this start up... because I don't really think the theory is accurate enough for this stuff to make a difference. There are no "Sensors," there are just people who seem to prefer a lot of processes that have been identified as "sensing" to some degree. All of these people will enjoy "intuitive" processing to varying degrees. They will all be so different from each other that the labels don't even matter.

I consider the whole system a game. I really enjoy pretending that it matters, that it's real, but in the back of my mind, I know I'm just playing pretend. I think everyone else here is, too. I would be worried if I thought anyone actually took it seriously. Just like Astrology.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Okay, now we're getting somewhere! You had an INTP father and an INFJ sister, both intuitives. Might it be possible that they were more understanding about your Ne aux?
    you think I ever talked to my family about things that are important? Family is meant for light hearted conversations around the dinner table, not talk about important stuff! :horor:

and whatever direction I swing Ti is my auxilary, if we're going by the structured approach

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I would have to agree with that.

That's one of the reasons I don't worry too much about S bias or N bias except when big arguments like this start up... because I don't really think the theory is accurate enough for this stuff to make a difference. There are no "Sensors," there are just people who seem to prefer a lot of processes that have been identified as "sensing" to some degree. All of these people will enjoy "intuitive" processing to varying degrees. They will all be so different from each other that the labels don't even matter.

I consider the whole system a game. I really enjoy pretending that it matters, that it's real, but in the back of my mind, I know I'm just playing pretend. I would be worried if I thought anyone actually took it seriously. Just like Astrology.
    it's sad... like the people on Star Trek forums who get in arguments about fictional characters
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

you think I ever talked to my family about things that are important? Family is meant for light hearted conversations around the dinner table, not talk about important stuff! :horor:

and whatever direction I swing Ti is my auxilary, if we're going by the structured approach
    I see. So you grew up in a primarily intuitive family as an Ne aux and feel that intuitives who grew up in primarily sensor families have made up their frustrations. That's pretty disappointing and very narrow thinking.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I see. So you grew up in a primarily intuitive family as an Ne aux and feel that intuitives who grew up in primarily sensor families have made up their frustrations. That's pretty disappointing and very narrow thinking.
    Se dom, Ti aux... where did Ne aux come from?

it's sad... like the people on Star Trek forums who get in arguments about fictional characters

But.. but.. Gul Dukat is, in fact, a better villain than Khan. This stuff is important. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yeah, but Sensors and Intuitives tend to focus on different sorts of things, so even if they're talking about the same subject, they'll be interested in different aspects of it.

Although, personally, I think that your Se and Ne being balanced calls into question whether Jung's theories, and hence MBTI, are even sound... we could all be arguing about phantoms. inventions of our own imagination.
    Se dom, Ti aux... where did Ne aux come from?
    Fascinating. The post has either been amended or deleted. Even Athenian made reference to it and I saw it too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

LOL, you should see the kind of arguments we used to get into on the Zelda forums I used to post on. We would argue about the timeline, about how certain things in the game worked, even though we all knew it wasn't real. We acted like it was, and argued about realistic and theoretical explanations for what was going on, etc... everything from where Link stored his items, to Ganondorf's motivations... there was even one girl who actually had a crush on Ganondorf, and was depressed that she could never be with him because he was just a video game character.

The fact that something isn't real, doesn't stop people from being obsessed with it.