User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    anyways... I'd pointed out a middle ground and it was ignored
    Went back on your posts in this thread and can't find where you did. What I did see is you saying that you sit in middle ground not feeling accepted by either side which no one disputed, including myself.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Do you feel your comments are adding to the search for middle ground or do you feel that you've picked a side and are making mockery, since what's been expressed has annoyed you?
    I picked the middle and I'm sticking with it... I think that everyone's being rediculous because talking to people is just that, S or N doesn't make that much of a difference in my book

I think that both extremes are worth mocking since nobody has bothered to explore the middle ground since it has been brought up
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I don't even think those are general tendencies, though, whether they apply to me or not.

But I disagree fundamentally with what you think are "N things" and "S things."

Nah, I just think we should throw any preconceived notions about what the interests or behaviors of any group are because (1) we don't know, (2) it's an over-application of MBTI to suggest that these things are determined by functions (much less dichotomies), and (3) they attach to value too easily, causing the problems we've seen in this thread.
    Okay, well... what ARE N things and S things, then? It's kind of hard to understand what N and S are about, if we can't talk about how N and S people tend to think and behave.

This is all just what I've heard people talking about in various MBTI communities, and it's all I know. They might be bad assumptions, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to replace them with.

I think MBTI is too complicated a concept to understand without the use of exaggerated stereotypes.

I picked the middle and I'm sticking with it... I think that everyone's being rediculous because talking to people is just that, S or N doesn't make that much of a difference in my book

I think that both extremes are worth mocking since nobody has bothered to explore the middle ground since it has been brought up
    Could you point out where anyone has said that sensors are all bad or have taken a hard stance that it's all sensors fault why intuitives might have a tough go at it?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm going with the stances that it's difficult to communicate and the arguments over who's being concrete where and such of that sort... everyone's being so nit-picky that it's annoying
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I'm going with the stances that it's difficult to communicate and the arguments over who's being concrete where and such of that sort... everyone's being so nit-picky that it's annoying
    Are we all not trying to find middle ground where intuitives have been trying to explain to Orangey, in requested "picky" terms, the intuitive side?

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    On top of this, an Intuitives major interests tend to be in areas of study that are not interesting to most people, like philosophy, psychology, or computing.
    Think again.

For ESTPs, work is play since there is not a distinction between the two. Pleasure is derived from the act of doing whether it’s playing a sport, writing music, crafting a table, or solving a technical computer problem. That is the real secret to understanding why those with your Personality Type often become great artists, musicians, actors, craftsmen, athletes and computer whizzes.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Are we all not trying to find middle ground where intuitives have been trying to explain to Orangey, in requested "picky" terms, the intuitive side?
    sometimes using resources at hand is the most valuable tool

That looks like an interesting thread so thanks for the link. I will read it later.

But I am curious about your perspective about intuitive children and the frustrations they experience. Do you believe these frustrations are real or in their imagination? Or that they're self-induced frustrations?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

That looks like an interesting thread so thanks for the link. I will read it later.

But I am curious about your perspective about intuitive children and the frustrations they experience. Do you believe these frustrations are real or in their imagination? Or that they're self-induced frustrations?
    self induced... I beleive that people can get a much better grasp on other functions if they have an open mind towards learning and developing them... I'm not sure by this point as to whether I started out as an N with strong S or vice versa because I've worked on both throughout my life- not to close a door on either function because I've seen both to be vital to me feeling like a whole person. It's when people close thier mind to what is different that the trouble begins