User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@ Jennifer That's coz this convo has become about winning instead of understanding or, for that matter, appreciating the OP for the incredible insight and understanding she presented. Which is just sad to see.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you guys wanna keep taking stabs at this? I'm kind of torn over whether the discussion is just going to increase further forum in-fighting or whether it's worth it just to toss in the towel, since it seems that communication has been broken down for some time now. If y'all can salvage the thread, go for it; otherwise, I'll suggest we just pull the plug.
    Yes, I'd like to continue taking stabs at this because many of the participants are fully capable of understanding each other and finding middle ground.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Nowhere has the finger been pointed at you. Your choice was to wade into this discussion and add sniping remarks.
    I have as much of a right to comment in this thread as anyone else... at least I have the decency to be concise

you guys are taking such crazy stances here that I can't help but to make fun of the situation... think of it as MST3K: the forum version!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have as much of a right to comment in this thread as anyone else... at least I have the decency to be concise

you guys are taking such crazy stances here that I can't help but to make fun of the situation... think of it as MST3K: the forum version!
    I see. So you're not inclined to find middle ground, just more interested in making a mockery over the thread. Thanks for your conciseness.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm making a mockery of the fact that neither side of the argument seems the slightest bit interested in finding a compromise and will only end when someone goes to sleep... that's worth mocking in my book

quit getting snippy with me- I'm not the one you're in the long, drawn out and very boring (to everyone else) fight with
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

hey sometimes it needs to happen, btw this thread is so insane, it makes me want asparagus, and I don't like asparagus, but I feel that the torture of eating a vegetable i don't like will make me understand the crazyness of this thread.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

anyways... I'd pointed out a middle ground and it was ignored

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, no, no!

I was just describing GENERAL tendencies. You're a Ti-dominant Sensor, so a lot of that isn't going to apply to you. You guys have almost as many problems as we do.
    I don't even think those are general tendencies, though, whether they apply to me or not.

I enjoy a lot of the S things myself, to be honest with you... I just don't enjoy them AS MUCH, and am not satisfied with only them, the way a lot of Sensors tend to be. I think that Sensors DO think about N things, but that they tend to find N things boring, a "necessary evil," if you will. They're still aware of those things, but with a different priority.
    But I disagree fundamentally with what you think are "N things" and "S things."

Maybe we should just throw the whole S/N dichotomy out the window... most of the problems are really I/E, anyway.
    Nah, I just think we should throw any preconceived notions about what the interests or behaviors of any group are because (1) we don't know, (2) it's an over-application of MBTI to suggest that these things are determined by functions (much less dichotomies), and (3) they attach to value too easily, causing the problems we've seen in this thread.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm making a mockery of the fact that neither side of the argument seems the slightest bit interested in finding a compromise and will only end when someone goes to sleep... that's worth mocking in my book

quit getting snippy with me- I'm not the one you're in the long, drawn out and very boring (to everyone else) fight with
    Do you feel your comments are adding to the search for middle ground or do you feel that you've picked a side and are making mockery, since what's been expressed has annoyed you?

MBTI
    yupp

I said something about not feeling persecuted in the real world because I'm an N and how my type itself doesn't hold me back. but no one ever listens to me, you know one day you'll be in danger and I'll try to warn you, but you'll ignore and you'll be dead. and I won't be sorry.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so