User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Results 241 to 250 of 373

  1. #241
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    @ Jennifer That's coz this convo has become about winning instead of understanding or, for that matter, appreciating the OP for the incredible insight and understanding she presented. Which is just sad to see.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #242
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you guys wanna keep taking stabs at this? I'm kind of torn over whether the discussion is just going to increase further forum in-fighting or whether it's worth it just to toss in the towel, since it seems that communication has been broken down for some time now. If y'all can salvage the thread, go for it; otherwise, I'll suggest we just pull the plug.
    Yes, I'd like to continue taking stabs at this because many of the participants are fully capable of understanding each other and finding middle ground.

  3. #243
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Nowhere has the finger been pointed at you. Your choice was to wade into this discussion and add sniping remarks.
    I have as much of a right to comment in this thread as anyone else... at least I have the decency to be concise

    you guys are taking such crazy stances here that I can't help but to make fun of the situation... think of it as MST3K: the forum version!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #244
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have as much of a right to comment in this thread as anyone else... at least I have the decency to be concise

    you guys are taking such crazy stances here that I can't help but to make fun of the situation... think of it as MST3K: the forum version!
    I see. So you're not inclined to find middle ground, just more interested in making a mockery over the thread. Thanks for your conciseness.

  5. #245
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    I'm making a mockery of the fact that neither side of the argument seems the slightest bit interested in finding a compromise and will only end when someone goes to sleep... that's worth mocking in my book

    quit getting snippy with me- I'm not the one you're in the long, drawn out and very boring (to everyone else) fight with
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #246
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    hey sometimes it needs to happen, btw this thread is so insane, it makes me want asparagus, and I don't like asparagus, but I feel that the torture of eating a vegetable i don't like will make me understand the crazyness of this thread.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #247
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    anyways... I'd pointed out a middle ground and it was ignored
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #248
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, no, no!

    I was just describing GENERAL tendencies. You're a Ti-dominant Sensor, so a lot of that isn't going to apply to you. You guys have almost as many problems as we do.
    I don't even think those are general tendencies, though, whether they apply to me or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I enjoy a lot of the S things myself, to be honest with you... I just don't enjoy them AS MUCH, and am not satisfied with only them, the way a lot of Sensors tend to be. I think that Sensors DO think about N things, but that they tend to find N things boring, a "necessary evil," if you will. They're still aware of those things, but with a different priority.
    But I disagree fundamentally with what you think are "N things" and "S things."

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Maybe we should just throw the whole S/N dichotomy out the window... most of the problems are really I/E, anyway.
    Nah, I just think we should throw any preconceived notions about what the interests or behaviors of any group are because (1) we don't know, (2) it's an over-application of MBTI to suggest that these things are determined by functions (much less dichotomies), and (3) they attach to value too easily, causing the problems we've seen in this thread.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #249
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm making a mockery of the fact that neither side of the argument seems the slightest bit interested in finding a compromise and will only end when someone goes to sleep... that's worth mocking in my book

    quit getting snippy with me- I'm not the one you're in the long, drawn out and very boring (to everyone else) fight with
    Do you feel your comments are adding to the search for middle ground or do you feel that you've picked a side and are making mockery, since what's been expressed has annoyed you?

  10. #250
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    I said something about not feeling persecuted in the real world because I'm an N and how my type itself doesn't hold me back. but no one ever listens to me, you know one day you'll be in danger and I'll try to warn you, but you'll ignore and you'll be dead. and I won't be sorry.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Why I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
  2. [Enne] Even Though I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist...
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
  3. [INTP] INTP men, how do you behave when you are no longer attracted to a girl?
    By Almari in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  4. I forgot what I was going to talk about...
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO