User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I do...

and like I said, I don't really have issues with communicating on here (real life occasionally... but that's just me forgetting that not everyone is going to get what I'm laughing about!)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Listening does not equal accepting at face value.
    Once again, the divide. Athenian tried to explain it to you and all you did was put up vomit smilies.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Once again, the divide. Athenian tried to explain it to you and all you did was put up vomit smilies.
    Because his post was full of falsehoods.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I do...

and like I said, I don't really have issues with communicating on here (real life occasionally... but that's just me forgetting that not everyone is going to get what I'm laughing about!)
    Nowhere has the finger been pointed at you. Your choice was to wade into this discussion and add sniping remarks.

Because his post was full of falsehoods.
    So his post has no valid points?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    So his post has no valid points?
    No. It was full of that same backhanded sensor bias that I've been complaining about since the beginning.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Which I agree with.
    However, a line of "vomit smilies" in a situation you already know to be rife with miscommunication seems to be another matter entirely.

Do you guys wanna keep taking stabs at this? I'm kind of torn over whether the discussion is just going to increase further forum in-fighting or whether it's worth it just to toss in the towel, since it seems that communication has been broken down for some time now. If y'all can salvage the thread, go for it; otherwise, I'll suggest we just pull the plug.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ah... so I'll just conclude that y'all fail at communication 101 and leave it at that

(really... it's not that complicated... just STFU and LISTEN )

We kind of do, I suppose. We're always in our heads, so expressing ourselves to other is... difficult. A secondary priority.

Apparently my life should be easier because the only things I worry about are eating and having fun with friends.
    No, no, no!

I was just describing GENERAL tendencies. You're a Ti-dominant Sensor, so a lot of that isn't going to apply to you. You guys have almost as many problems as we do.

I enjoy a lot of the S things myself, to be honest with you... I just don't enjoy them AS MUCH, and am not satisfied with only them, the way a lot of Sensors tend to be. I think that Sensors DO think about N things, but that they tend to find N things boring, a "necessary evil," if you will. They're still aware of those things, but with a different priority.

See? I told you we suck at getting our points across.

Maybe we should just throw the whole S/N dichotomy out the window... most of the problems are really I/E, anyway.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Which I agree with.
    However, a line of "vomit smilies" in a situation you already know to be rife with miscommunication seems to be another matter entirely.

Do you guys wanna keep taking stabs at this? I'm kind of torn over whether the discussion is just going to increase further forum in-fighting or whether it's worth it just to toss in the towel, since it seems that communication has been broken down for some time now. If y'all can salvage the thread, go for it; otherwise, I'll suggest we just pull the plug.
    now I just feel sad, pulling the plug makes it sound like it's a person instead of a thread. a person with hopes and dreams. a person that people love. a person on it's last legs after a stroke, and we know it's best to let him go in peace because keeping him around is just cruel. yet there's the small glimmer of hope that he'll come out of the coma. so what do we do?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

No. It was full of that same backhanded sensor bias that I've been complaining about since the beginning.
    I see. So all your points are valid and all athenians and every other intuitives posts have also been invalid. There's only one constant in this.