User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I may be misinterpreting, but I believe she's just asking people to "use words" to describe things, not fishing for cold hard evidence. As in, not just "I just know my not fitting in is because I'm N but I'm not going to say why this would be, it should be obvious". I don't think Ns (as a group) are unable to use words to describe concepts. They manage quite well on the forums here.
    You mean you haven't figured out that people use type as an excuse for their personal failures?

I have a preference for Ni+Se. I assure you - I have no problem communicating in either figurative or literal language. Considering I have an English/Literature degree in addition to a degree in Psychology, can you imagine me claiming I have trouble communicating? Not in this lifetime, that's for sure.

This thread is nothing short of a fecal impaction.
    Time for an enema.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Which is interesting considering that many of the S's described, do get along well in society where other S's have no problems aligning with their mentality. That's not to say there aren't flexy and cool sensors. Not all sensors are carbon copies of each other, like not all intuitives are. But to suggest that it's not a frustrating exercise for intuitive children to express themselves to a world full of sensors before they've adapted to a more concrete world of thinking, is an unwillingness to meet in the middle. With this in mind, why should intuitives bother to meet in the middle? Well because, it's a sensors world and we have to adapt in order to do well, which is what most of us have done and succeeded like a hot damn.
    Children are not typed with S/N because their cognitive mind hasn't fully developed. There is no such thing as an intuitive child according to Typology , what are you talking about?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

which is what most of us have done and succeeded like a hot damn.
    You're an ENTJ... of course YOU'VE succeeded. You're a Te-dominant type, for goodness sake.

I can assure you that some of us are total failures in life. I can't blame it all on being N-dominant, considering all the other psychological issues I have, but I'm sure it doesn't help that people can't relate to my way of thinking, and I can't relate to theirs.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Which is interesting considering that many of the S's described, do get along well in society where other S's have no problems aligning with their mentality.
    Nearly all of the people here, S and N alike, seem to get along "well" in society now. I'm guessing you'll say "it's learned!" for the Ns but as an S I can tell you that we are certainly not born magically knowing how to fit into society just because it's an S majority, any more than I was born knowing how to fit into a white-majority society because I'm white. Any more than you were born knowing how to fit into a strongly TJ society because you're a TJ. All human beings have to learn how to fit into and function in society, although it comes easier for some than others. S is not a golden ticket anywhere. I trust that my experience isn't any less valid than an N's.

But to suggest that it's not a frustrating exercise for intuitive children to express themselves to a world full of sensors before they've adapted to a more concrete world of thinking, is an unwillingness to meet in the middle.
    I think it's a frustrating exercise for children to express themselves to a world full of people "not like me". As I said earlier, I have no doubt that N causes its own frustrations, just as the other traits do. I don't see that it's a spectacular divide between S and N compared to other relevant factors, either during childhood or adult life.

With this in mind, why should intuitives bother to meet in the middle? Well because, it's a sensors world and we have to adapt in order to do well, which is what most of us have done and succeeded like a hot damn.
    I'm not sure where the "middle" ground is. I think a lot of us in this thread think that we're each on the middle ground, so it must be a very wide place. I think the effects of having a sensor majority, while present for many people, are pretty minor compared to having a white majority, and patriarchy (not to start that discussion again, yikes)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Time for an enema.
    Yes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You mean you haven't figured out that people use type as an excuse for their personal failures?

I have a preference for Ni+Se. I assure you - I have no problem communicating in either figurative or literal language. Considering I have an English/Literature degree in addition to a degree in Psychology, can you imagine me claiming I have trouble communicating? Not in this lifetime, that's for sure.

Time for an enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Nearly all of the people here, S and N alike, seem to get along "well" in society now. I'm guessing you'll say "it's learned!" for the Ns but as an S I can tell you that we are certainly not born magically knowing how to fit into society just because it's an S majority, any more than I was born knowing how to fit into a white-majority society because I'm white. Any more than you were born knowing how to fit into a strongly TJ society because you're a TJ. All human beings have to learn how to fit into and function in society, although it comes easier for some than others. S is not a golden ticket anywhere. I trust that my experience isn't any less valid than an N's.

I think it's a frustrating exercise for children to express themselves to a world full of people "not like me". As I said earlier, I have no doubt that N causes its own frustrations, just as the other traits do. I don't see that it's a spectacular divide between S and N compared to other relevant factors, either during childhood or adult life.

I'm not sure where the "middle" ground is. I think a lot of us in this thread think that we're each on the middle ground, so it must be a very wide place. I think the effects of having a sensor majority, while present for many people, are pretty minor compared to having a white majority, and patriarchy (not to start that discussion again, yikes)
    You make some good points but it sets up the false premise that anyone is suggesting that the S/N divide is worse than racism/genderism, etc., all which I have experienced I might add.

To put it in other terms "you don't have a valid point about being hungry due to a lack of money since Ethiopians had it worse during their famine".

The S/N divide isn't Earth shattering. Like I said. We've adapted, some more than others and we'll continue adapting. But I do think that if people want to lay the discussion to rest, that middleground be reached.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I, personally, don't see that much of a difference between the two
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I wish someone would stop using the word "we". You do not speak for me. I do not agree with you. Can you please stop speaking on my behalf?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You make some good points but it sets up the false premise that anyone is suggesting that the S/N divide is worse than racism/genderism, etc., all which I have experienced I might add.

To put it in other terms "you don't have a valid point about being hungry due to a lack of money since Ethiopians had it worse during their famine".

The S/N divide isn't Earth shattering. Like I said. We've adapted, some more than others and we'll continue adapting. But I do think that if people want to lay the discussion to rest, that middleground be reached.
    You can switch it to TJ if you prefer (I'm not sure that they're the majority but they're absolutely preferred traits at least growing up in Western society). I didn't mean to imply that people think it's worse than race/gender issues, it was more of an analogy - my point was that being white doesn't make you automatically fit in, and being S doesn't automatically make you fit in, either, despite the "extra" potential for alienation inherent in any minority group.

I think we agree but from different directions that make it sound different (like many other people in this thread)
    -end of thread-