User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 373

  1. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Your point being?
    When the conflict goes south, your escape route is well-worn.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  2. #162
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    When the conflict goes south, your escape route is well-worn.
    I've escaped?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #163
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If you think that's what happened then either you didn't read well or you're dumb.
    Ah yes, if you're not A, you're B. But what about C - Z? Or is that a sensors limitation?

    Anyways, not worth it for me to bicker. Carry on.

  4. #164
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Ah yes, if you're not A, you're B. But what about C - Z? Or is that a sensors limitation?

    Anyways, not worth it for me to bicker. Carry on.
    C - Z were covered under the heading of "dumb."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #165
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    C - Z were covered under the heading of "dumb."
    Cool story, bro.

  6. #166
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Cool story, bro.
    "Self righteous", dude.

  7. #167
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxfJUcg44AE&feature=related"]DUUUUDE[/YOUTUBE]

  8. #168
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    "Self righteous", dude.
    More like DGAF.

  9. #169
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    It doesn't need to be the other way around, though. An S can feel disenfranchised in these so-called "S" environments as much as an N can, and that's because the feeling of disenfranchisement has more to do with the family being assholes or fundamentalists or rigid or [insert other more immediately relevant factor] than simply being S. Which was what I gathered from Seymour's follow-up post to my question.
    Yes, I read the follow-up later.
    My father said he felt he was a changeling. I used to think he was an N, now I think he was S or X. The family was S or X, too.
    His Nanny took him to see his parents once a day. He greeted them, and then he was returned to his room. He was not allowed to play with the son of the Station Master. Later, when he was an adolescent, he saw his parents when the family convened to dinner. They were very particular about form.
    Later, so was he.
    His disenfranchisement was not type related!
    But there are other stories.

  10. #170
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Yes, I read the follow-up later.
    My father said he felt he was a changeling. I used to think he was an N, now I think he was S or X. The family was S or X, too.
    His Nanny took him to see his parents once a day. He greeted them, and then he was returned to his room. He was not allowed to play with the son of the Station Master. Later, when he was an adolescent, he saw his parents when the family convened to dinner. They were very particular about form.
    Later, so was he.
    His disenfranchisement was not type related!
    But there are other stories.
    My ISTJ brother is regularly harassed by my parents about being "weird" and "antisocial" because he loves nothing more than to sit in his room and read books. They tell him he's going to become a serial killer if he doesn't get out more. He also gets into blowouts with my parents about religion (if you didn't read before, my parents are fundamentalists.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Why I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
  2. [Enne] Even Though I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist...
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
  3. [INTP] INTP men, how do you behave when you are no longer attracted to a girl?
    By Almari in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  4. I forgot what I was going to talk about...
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO