User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

garbage

This all turned from a discussion on "anti-S bias on MBTI tests and descriptions" into a discussion on "anti-N bias in real life" pretty quickly

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Again, I would be really curious to see how many iNtuitives flock to join fundamentalist religions, vs liberal religions.

We both agree that it's not a matter of causation; however, we would still have to explore potential correlation.
    Unless the correlation does indicate causation, then it doesn't matter.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    We live in the modern world *because* of Intuitives. Without them, there is no way forward.
    This implies that Sensors are incapable of innovation. Which is bogus, because creativity and innovation are not type related.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This all turned from a discussion on "anti-S bias on MBTI tests and descriptions" into a discussion on "anti-N bias in real life" pretty quickly
    I guess a lot of intuitives are sensitive towards that?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    My contention is that the two-variable power hierarchy in society looks like this: SJ > SP > NJ > NP.

SJs have the most power because:
    When most people say "skills", they mean "SJ skills". When most people say "intelligence", they mean "strong Si and Je" (even if they don't use those terms), "factual knowledge", and "strong work ethic". Other skills don't count. SJs and everything about them are considered "normal"; by definition, then, everyone else is "other". In a more literal sense, SJs are 50% of the population (though estimates vary), and they probably hold more than 50% of the positions of power. The schooling and working worlds are designed for SJs to succeed, because they are held together by SJs.

SPs have second most power because:
    We are a relatively prevalent temperament at 30%. There are enough SPs that some skills associated with strong Se are seen under the intelligence umbrella. Enough SPs that we are still seen as actual people.

NJ > NP in the hierarchy because NJ has top-two Je, which is also an SJ skill. The world seems far more stacked against Ns. I'd guess many feel devalued as people when their talents are invisible to or rejected by others. (This is just a guess. Please correct me.)

Now I think I understand why some Ns on this forum have an anti-S bias. IRL, Ss are unintentionally oppressing Ns most of the time. Some Ns find their sanctuary on an MBTI forum with favourable numbers (N > SP > SJ) and don't like it when we (S types) invade it to complain in the face of pro-N biased comments, or say we don't feel welcome on this forum, etc. Because a lot of Ns don't feel welcome in the world altogether, they are the victims of anti-N bias each and every day, etc. (I'm just guessing. Again, please correct me. The last thing I want to do is replace your words with mine.)

In comparison, I think I have no right to complain. I have the entire real world (mostly) in my favour, it would not kill me to let the Ns have this forum. I am sorry for being ignorant of this until just now.

All of this is open to correction, discussion, etc. and feel free to tell me I am just wrong. I apologize for any incoherence, I haven't slept in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Actually, it started with an S being compassionate towards Ns and from there, an S or two jumped in and decided to trash Ns. So that's where it stands.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Actually, it started with an S being compassionate towards Ns and from there, an S or two jumped in and decided to trash Ns. So that's where it stands.
    If you think that's what happened then either you didn't read well or you're dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If you think that's what happened then either you didn't read well or you're dumb.
    You make this accusation routinely with people you disagree with.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You make this accusation routinely with people you disagree with.
    Your point being?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    So you think only an N in your situation would have felt similarly disenfranchised?
    She did say the constellation could be the other way around!
    Seymour wrote a good post.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    She did say the constellation could be the other way around!
    Seymour wrote a good post.
    It doesn't need to be the other way around, though. An S can feel disenfranchised in these so-called "S" environments as much as an N can, and that's because the feeling of disenfranchisement has more to do with the family being assholes or fundamentalists or rigid or [insert other more immediately relevant factor] than simply being S. Which was what I gathered from Seymour's follow-up post to my question.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Intuitives... Without them, there is no way forward.