User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Sniffles

Not meaning to distract from the current S/N love-fest, but just a quick note: the concept of a flat earth is largely a 19th century invention. People from the 3rd century B.C. onwards thought the world was round.

We now return to our previously scheduled program.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Not meaning to distract from the current S/N love-fest, but just a quick note: the concept of a flat earth is largely a 19th century invention. People from the 3rd century B.C. onwards thought the world was round.

garbage

the Ns who feel so disadvantaged should just start using their amazing magical N powers

or, whatever, I forgot how this works

Also, my girlfriend's an ESFP, and two of my absolute best friends are ESTJ and ESFJ. We somehow communicate just fine

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    the Ns who feel so disadvantaged should just start using their amazing magical N powers

I think it has something to do with the ether.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That's hilarious seeing as that I was a straight A student in college, and have managed to earn a living working from home since withdrawing, even in ways related to what I majored in.
    Look at the concrete things you are mentioning in an effort to say, "I am a valid human being." This is making the point even more obvious.

True. My ESFJ ex was badly abused, much worse than I was by my borderline psychotic ESTJ guardian, and I'm sure there are plenty of gay Sensors who had emotional baggage from being rejected on that count, it has nothing to do with being an INFP.
    Yeah, the gay SJs I know hardly have it easy, they have been through a lot of shit for it.

I mentioned a social hierarchy in the OP, but of course S/N and J/P are FAR from the only variables determining how much power one has/ how easy one has it. (But to some people here, that wasn't already obvious apparently.)

Still...intuitives have a very different life experience and sensors who just want to blindly dismiss that don't really differ much from anyone else who dismisses the difficulties of any person who happens to have a different experience than they do. Point-blank: it's self-absorption to claim that other people didn't experience this or that, or suffer as a consequence, just because you didn't experience that particular thing yourself.

There is some special snowflake syndrome on this website. But I know Ns that don't know they're Ns (ie. they don't know about MBTI) who have reported similar experiences. People that don't know each other, grew up in different generations, in different parts of the world, that are saying the same thing. This must one hell of a coordinated ruse you all are pulling. Or maybe, Ns are just telling the truth. It is more convenient for Ss to say you hallucinated your own experience, you are just biased, etc. But at some point I have to believe so many different congruent stories from a variety of people.

SEMI-FACTUAL EXPLANATION for those who want it:
    You can also think of it in terms of inferior rejection. ISxJ/ESxP have Ne/Ni inferior, while ENxP/INxJ have Si/Se inferior. Guess which types are more common. The common opinion seems "right". People are rejecting ENxP/INxJ's dominant function. While there is a relatively small percentage of the population rejecting ISxJ/ESxP's dominant. For those who want factual explanation, here it is, using the same damn functions we subscribe to here though not everyone subscribes to inferior projection, probably.

Adults can do that if they start their own business, find the right/favourable work place etc. What about a child? A teenager?
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yeah, seriously! Conjure up a glorious new future where you rule the world with a benevolent hand!!!

... or a malevolent hand? Eh, I dunno, whatever the ENTJ tells you to do
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Here's some for you.
    The "Ns discovered gravity and germs, bro." is definitely good ol anti-Sensor bias yeah I agree.

Actually, on the scientific front, I think ISTPs, ISTJs, and ESTJs had a large part in its advancement.

I mean according to this, the most popular major for ISTPs is biology, a hard science, and the most popular major for ESTJs is mechanical engineering. Although for ISTJs, it was Accounting, predictable.. heh.

So have NTs made a disproportionate amount of scientific discovery compared to their amount in the population? Probably... (me thinking that might even be legit anti-S bias too, even if it might be true), but I want to add ISTPs, ISTJs, and ESTJs to the list of types that are underestimated in science.

But other types like ISFPs and ESTPs, with Art being their most popular major, and an N type, ENFJs who favor the Communications major, science might not generally be for them.

MBTI and Major Choice

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't want to invalidate anyone's life experiences and so on, but I don't understand either. Can I argue this on a theoretical level without feelings getting involved? If not, please ignore this post. Thanks.

Still...intuitives have a very different life experience and sensors who just want to blindly dismiss that don't really differ much from anyone else who dismisses the difficulties of any person who happens to have a different experience than they do.
    Several people have said this and mentioned things like not fitting in with those around them and being raised by SJs as though this shows that the problem is S vs. N.

So, I totally get that it sucked, you didn't fit in, etc etc, but how do you know that it's because you're an abstract thinker?

Why is being N such a terrible thing to grow up as? How is it more significant factor than being a T woman or an F male? How is it a more significant factor than growing up as a liberally-minded person among conservatives (NOT automatically the same thing as NP growing up among SJs, for the record)? Than growing up poor in a school with much wealthier children? Than being a minority ethnic and/or racial group compared to your peers? Than being highly intelligent compared to your peers? Than being LGTB-whatever in a heterosexual majority? Than being a xxxP growing up in a xxxJ world? An Ixxx growing up in an Exxx world?

I don't understand? Why does this one trait (that half the time is hard to type in someone anyway) make so much more difference than the other 3 traits?
    -end of thread-

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    What about a child? A teenager?
    They can treat it as a good chance to learn about the way the world actually works. Sometimes, people actually expect you to be productive and practical. Certain aspects of the world function on deadlines, procedures, and attention to detail.

It is what it is.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think it has something to do with the ether.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJL-yCY510&feature=related"]The Ether[/YOUTUBE]