User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 373

  1. #91
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Well I'm glad someone's going to no longer complain about anti-S bias here.

    Because lately, I've been seeing more complaining about the anti-S bias... than the anti-S bias!!!

  2. #92
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    We're all ethereal losers posting it on a "typology" board on a Friday night.

  3. #93
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    At the end of my life, only I'm responsible for my own happiness and level of success I've found.

    Yes.
    The future is for the unafraid.

  4. #94
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    No, I just hate idiots.
    That's hilarious seeing as that I was a straight A student in college, and have managed to earn a living working from home since withdrawing, even in ways related to what I majored in.

    Yeah, I'm certainly an idiot.

    Just because people don't think like you doesn't make them idiots. Plus, your argument is very weak. Calling people names isn't exactly the trait of a highly evolved intellectual.

  5. #95
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    No, I just hate idiots.
    You were FAR less cranky as an INTP.

  6. #96
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    No idea... someone else might have felt disenfranchised about something else. I specifically said that I suspected that I was someone who took things hard (rather than being given a particularly tough lot). Growing up a fundamentalist and turning out to be a gay INFP seemed challenging to me at the time. Certainly areas where I felt invalidated are areas that matched Ne and Fi descriptions... but I can't know how someone else would have felt invalidated. We all feel invalidated somewhere.

    I don't think it's unfair to say that certain subcultures value qualities that are type influenced. Still, I don't think there's any benefit in fighting over "who had it worse." I took it hard, and that's about all I can say for sure.
    True. My ESFJ ex was badly abused, much worse than I was by my borderline psychotic ESTJ guardian, and I'm sure there are plenty of gay Sensors who had emotional baggage from being rejected on that count, it has nothing to do with being an INFP.

    We all have our crosses to bear, goes the saying.

    Life's not fair, et al.

    Still...intuitives have a very different life experience and sensors who just want to blindly dismiss that don't really differ much from anyone else who dismisses the difficulties of any person who happens to have a different experience than they do. Point-blank: it's self-absorption to claim that other people didn't experience this or that, or suffer as a consequence, just because you didn't experience that particular thing yourself.

    Ye gods.

  7. #97
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because lately, I've been seeing more complaining about the anti-S bias... than the anti-S bias!!!
    Here's some for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well I'm presuming Sensors thought the world was flat cuz they saw it was flat, and believed that cold made them sick because they could feel the cold.

    Ns discovered gravity and germs, bro.

    But my point is, "I'll believe it when I see it" tends to be a Sensing Thinking trait. It's not unusual for an ISTP or ISTJ to have your attitude, and I've noticed this repeatedly on-line in regards to this subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That's hilarious seeing as that I was a straight A student in college, and have managed to earn a living working from home since withdrawing, even in ways related to what I majored in.
    That's nice, but I don't think education or work credentials are good proof of intelligence. I mean, gosh, I'm not shallow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, I'm certainly an idiot.
    I'm glad you agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Just because people don't think like you doesn't make them idiots. Plus, your argument is very weak. Calling people names isn't exactly the trait of a highly evolved intellectual.
    You're right, being idiots makes them idiots.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #98
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And there you go. That's why you're more sensitive to "N" concerns. Because it's all about big picture ambiance and undertones/implications that don't get a lot of traction in tangible society. It's like seeing that the car is likely to go over the cliff if things don't change, but everyone in the vehicle is chatting comfortably and seems unperturbed as they drive ahead until one can somehow dig up tangible signs that would support one's case; otherwise, it often seems like the best thing to do is just get out of the vehicle.
    Which only makes this thread harder to read. A number of people who are saying, in essence, "I don't see it, I can't touch it, it doesn't smell, so it can't be so". I would imagine an N's life is full of these frustrating conversations with little understanding (rather than the other way around which is where I am at right now).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it's good for each of us to have our eyes opened in ways that challenge our preconceptions and help us correct inequities we might have been supportive of (it's happened to me too, and even this thread challenged me)... but don't beat yourself up over it, because I think your openness to see that sort of thing and then the choice to engage it rather than hiding is what makes someone admirable. We're all naturally blind, which I don't see as bad (but just flawed); what's bad is if we realize we're blind but choose to keep exploiting the system for our own benefit.
    Yes.... there is a difference between ignorance (which IMO is forgivable) and willful ignorance (which is not; it's almost malicious and is in some cases).

    Interesting about the school system... yeah it seems the workplace is pretty results oriented. My NFP dad worked in an STJ environment for like 15+ years, manufacturing that is, and did not realize how happy he could be at work until he started working in research where he is now. Speculation is encouraged over results NOW NOW NOW which I would imagine is stressful (more than normal) for an NP. It would explain his high stress levels for my entire childhood...damn.

    That was exactly my experience with my S dominated family and my S dominated religious environment... and a lot of cynicism toward those who could not provide results and/or quantifiable evidence. I understand my situation was more severe, but maybe that just frames all of it even better; my environment was predominately S, not N, whereas there's more of a mix in modern western culture, and so it really explains why I spent the bulk of my childhood alone exploring (either the landscape, since I grew up in a very rural area, or visiting the library/reading constantly). Dealing with people just seemed to undermine my self-confidence, because they couldn't mirror back at me valid aspects of my own personality. All my family cared about was good grades and getting a good job; they didn't really care about "understanding things." Good grades and a good job are important, but I felt like a whole bigger aspect of myself was not even visible to them even when I tried to share it.
    I'm sorry to hear this. Seems there was too little emphasis on the significance of things, meaning, etc.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  9. #99
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That's hilarious seeing as that I was a straight A student in college, and have managed to earn a living working from home since withdrawing, even in ways related to what I majored in.

    Yeah, I'm certainly an idiot.

    Just because people don't think like you doesn't make them idiots. Plus, your argument is very weak. Calling people names isn't exactly the trait of a highly evolved intellectual.
    Well being esteemed or accomplished doesn't necessarily mean one has a very strong ability to problem-solve.

  10. #100
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Still...intuitives have a very different life experience and sensors who just want to blindly dismiss that don't really differ much from anyone else who dismisses the difficulties of any person who happens to have a different experience than they do. Point-blank: it's self-absorption to claim that other people didn't experience this or that, or suffer as a consequence, just because you didn't experience that particular thing yourself.

    Ye gods.
    No one's dismissing anyone's experience. It's just the explanation of that experience as being specifically relative to Ns that's questionable. Oh, and also ethereality.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Why I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
  2. [Enne] Even Though I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist...
    By Mal12345 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
  3. [INTP] INTP men, how do you behave when you are no longer attracted to a girl?
    By Almari in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  4. I forgot what I was going to talk about...
    By Cloudblue in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO