User Tag List

Thread: frustrations

MBTI
    yupp

Default frustrations

I'm not looking for advice on how to fix this and hopefully everything works out, but right now it's complicated.

Ok so we (me and 3 other people) rent a 3 bedroom condo, we pay our rent every month on time we also pay all other bills on time. We found out that we're facing eviction because our landlord hasn't paid the condo fee's in 4 months and has $29,000 debt, we have a court date for the 16th and hopefully the judge doesn't throw us out. Our landlord says he's paid the debt, but we're with holding rent until we have proof of this, because we aren't paying if we're going to be out on the streets in a week. We can't get maintance up here, despite having a broken lock, and the outlets are dying (so we need an electrician), but we're viewed as squatters by the building at this point. 2100 (525 each) is a lot to be paying for squatting. we have no power here, because we're not viewed as residents and I get that our landlord is tight on money (his wife left him, took his car, his house, and left him with an 8 and a 12 year old). Maybe he didn't think missing payments for a few months would be a big deal, I don't know. I can attest that he is a realitively nice guy that wouldn't screw us over on purpose. And he had been trying to get on a payment plan, but the building manager here is an absolute bitch, she signed the court summons the 7th he talked to her like around the 14th of febuary and she mentioned nothing about going to court to him. Eventually she stopped returning his phone calls. We got served the court documents a week ago. It's just a sucky situation to be in, sorry for this, I just needed to vent. He and his sister inherited this property from their father, so I don't get why his sister couldn't at least help him out.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow... that is a sucky situation. You're without power?? I would think that would be illegal for the power co. to turn off your power in winter, even if you haven't paid rent. Usually they only care if you've paid your utility bill.

Hope everything works out okay, and quickly.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    yupp

no we have power, it's 3 outlets that don't work. I mean power in the sense of being able to get things fixed here.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

That sucks for you and your landlord. Hope karma catches up to the building manager someday.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no we have power, it's 3 outlets that don't work. I mean power in the sense of being able to get things fixed here.
    AHHH that makes a big difference, hehe. Well, I still hope it gets resolved quickly. Yuck.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    yupp

I mean it's not like we were not paying rent and we're good renters we don't destroy the place and we don't have loud parties. It's just you try to be a good renter and than this happens, I don't know it's frustrating.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

the good news is they just sent us papers to fill out with our contact info so we're viewed as residents again. Which is awesome!!!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all