User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your generation?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greatest Generation (1901-1924)

1 0.79%
  • Silent Generation of the First Wave (1925-1930)

0 0%
  • Silent Generation of the Second Wave (1931-1939)

0 0%
  • Silent Generation of the Third Wave (1937-1942)

0 0%
  • BOOM Generation of the First Wave (1943-1946)

1 0.79%
  • BOOM Generation of the Second Wave (1947-1950)

0 0%
  • BOOM Generaton of the Third Wave (1951-1954)

0 0%
  • BOOM Generation of the Fourth Wave (1955-1958)

2 1.57%
  • BOOM Generation of the Fifth Wave (1959-1960)

0 0%
  • Generation X of the First Wave (1961-1964)

0 0%
  • Generation X of the Second Wave (1965-1968)

7 5.51%
  • Generation X of the Third Wave (1969-1972)

9 7.09%
  • Generation X of the Fourth Wave (1973-1976)

2 1.57%
  • Generation X of the Fifth Wave (1977-1981)

22 17.32%
  • Generation Y of the First Wave (1982-1985)

22 17.32%
  • Generation Y of the Second Wave (1986-1989)

31 24.41%
  • Generation Y of the Third Wave (1990-1993)

27 21.26%
  • Generation Y of the Fourth Wave (1994-1997)

0 0%
  • Generation Y of the Fifth Wave (1998-2000)

1 0.79%
  • Generation Z (2001 and after)

2 1.57%
First 123412 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Gen X 5th wave
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

X 5th Wave..

I've heard 1977 and down was actually Y though. I feel like a little of both.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Y, first wave. Old enough to remember when most people didn't have a computer, when Internet access was rare, when there was only the regular Nintendo, when there still was a Soviet Union (especially since my parents visited), when the original TMNT swept across America, when the only cartoon on Nickelodeon was "David the Gnome," and the programming dominated anything that came before, or since; when getting cable was a big deal itself, when you listened to tape players in the car, and CDs were just beginning to make themselves known, when elementary school began with slap bracelets and ended with POGs, when George Bush was president and we were at war with Iraq, the first time... I could go on for hours

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Y, first wave. Old enough to remember when most people didn't have a computer, when Internet access was rare, when there was only the regular Nintendo, when there still was a Soviet Union (especially since my parents visited), when the original TMNT swept across America, when the only cartoon on Nickelodeon was "David the Gnome," and the programming dominated anything that came before, or since; when getting cable was a big deal itself, when you listened to tape players in the car, and CDs were just beginning to make themselves known, when elementary school began with slap bracelets and ended with POGs, when George Bush was president and we were at war with Iraq, the first time... I could go on for hours
    HELL YES! I remember all of these things as well. Fahq, I was obsessed with TMNT and the original Nintendo...

Gen Y, first wave!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Generation Y of the Second Wave

Childhood influences include: platform gaming, good nicktoons, tamagotchis, video cassettes, bubblegum pop, and lots of other weird and cool stuff.

Internet was a rare business-type thing, and handheld devices that could play thousands of songs would only be imaginable as wizardry.

Such a different time this Z-era is...

By almost all definitions, I'm part of the Y generation, but the boundaries defined here are pretty different from what I'm used to seeing.

And I would personally draw the line for Generation Z somewhere around 1996-1998. I think this is about the age where there is no memory of a time that was not dominated by the Internet, cellular phones, and other such huge shifts at the turn of the millenium.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    And I would personally draw the line for Generation Z somewhere around 1996-1998. I think this is about the age where there is no memory of a time that was not dominated by the Internet, cellular phones, and other such huge shifts at the turn of the millenium.
    I've said this to my friends before, but I am *so so glad* that when I was attending college - 1996-2000 -- that I was at the tail end of the College Experience prior to the true onslaught of cell phones and the internet.

Now in 96-97, we had basic university email accts, but most people hadn't bothered setting up personal email accts. Also, while internet researching /booking things online had begun by 98-99, it really wasn't big, nor did people really utilize it to write/research for papers. Basically you didn't NEED to use computers at all as part of the coursework - which I found totally awesome. Nor did most people really do anything on the internet to speak of, prior to maybe 99. (I mean, some did, but again, even that % of time on it was minimal)

As for cell phones, I don't remember really noticing them until my senior year - and even then, there were only a small minority who were actually using them.

So this meant while walking around campus, or while waiting for class to begin, or while hanging out in the dorms, no one was texting, no one was on the phone, no one was really surfing the net. Most people were actually engaged in the people around them. It was *awesome*. I'm so thankful I didn't go to college post-2000. Would have been a much different experience.

(Of course when I was in high school - 1992-1996 - there was NO internet stuff, let alone cell phones/etc)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

What makes them the greatest? Hmph.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    What makes them the greatest? Hmph.
    They are winning the stay alive game

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Gen X, 5th wave.

The cutoffs for generations vary depending on the source. By some sources Gen Y starts at 1977.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    They are winning the stay alive game
    End prize sucks though.