User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your generation?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greatest Generation (1901-1924)

1 0.79%
  • Silent Generation of the First Wave (1925-1930)

0 0%
  • Silent Generation of the Second Wave (1931-1939)

0 0%
  • Silent Generation of the Third Wave (1937-1942)

0 0%
  • BOOM Generation of the First Wave (1943-1946)

1 0.79%
  • BOOM Generation of the Second Wave (1947-1950)

0 0%
  • BOOM Generaton of the Third Wave (1951-1954)

0 0%
  • BOOM Generation of the Fourth Wave (1955-1958)

2 1.57%
  • BOOM Generation of the Fifth Wave (1959-1960)

0 0%
  • Generation X of the First Wave (1961-1964)

0 0%
  • Generation X of the Second Wave (1965-1968)

7 5.51%
  • Generation X of the Third Wave (1969-1972)

9 7.09%
  • Generation X of the Fourth Wave (1973-1976)

2 1.57%
  • Generation X of the Fifth Wave (1977-1981)

22 17.32%
  • Generation Y of the First Wave (1982-1985)

22 17.32%
  • Generation Y of the Second Wave (1986-1989)

31 24.41%
  • Generation Y of the Third Wave (1990-1993)

27 21.26%
  • Generation Y of the Fourth Wave (1994-1997)

0 0%
  • Generation Y of the Fifth Wave (1998-2000)

1 0.79%
  • Generation Z (2001 and after)

2 1.57%
First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Me too: he was clearly a better and more glamorous image and icon than Staline for marketing and to release communism. But nothing more.
    But he did more than that. Better yet, he never was entitled or pushed anyone into anything he wouldn't try himself. Pretty much buried his own grave too. Which is more than many in politics can say for themselves.

I don't care if you're libertarian or communist, but at the very least you should respect and understand more about your enemies. Even if only to best them.

Anyways, feel free to reply, but I'm not going to get more serious than that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

a cat is fine too

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Also generation Z??? I though the newest generation has been dubbed.. The iGeneration (Thank Apple for that one)

But I could easily be wrong.. I am only a student of Gen X

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Ummm.. I ran a Google, just to be sure what I considered knowledge in my head was not in fact warped information. I checked 6 sources.. have a look yourself

But Gen X in North America is considered between 1967-1978 roughly, and the world standard seems to go no lower than 1964 and finishes at 1978-80.

So I am just saying all of the 1st wave and some of the 2nd wave Gen Xers, according to this poll, are in fact, Last Wave Baby Boomers.
    If you are older than 46.. you are a Boomer not an Xer.. which sucks for you.. because GenX at least has a cool name and a subcultural context.
    I can understand why you might want to relate to one over the other.. But life isn't that simple, in this cut and dry cookie cutter world.
    You either are something or you are not.. If you are born before 1964, you are not a Gen Xer ..

Just saying
    Your classification seems to be what Gen X is according to popular beliefs. The classification of the Wikipedia link I put on the OP have been made by the sociologist who entertained that theory at first, I think we should better respect the classification made by actuals authors of the theory than some made by laymans.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    But he did more than that. Better yet, he never was entitled or pushed anyone into anything he wouldn't try himself. Pretty much buried his own grave too. Which is more than many in politics can say for themselves.

I don't care if you're libertarian or communist, but at the very least you should respect and understand more about your enemies. Even if only to best them.

Anyways, feel free to reply, but I'm not going to get more serious than that.
    Lol, well, I'd say people would'nt be my ennemies if they deserved any sort of respect and understanding, I'm quite ruthless.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

I'm quite ruthless.
    Except you're not. You're just a guy on the internet, like me. Who probably hasn't earned a medical degree; probably hasn't done cross country motorcycle trips around an entire continent aiding the poor; became so angered at the state of these people that you joined a suicidal maniac like Castro, with hardly any soldiers to speak of, and caused a "revolution"; you've never made long walks in tropical jungles, under fire, as a severe asthmatic. Day after day. You've never executed anyone. You've never taught entire platoons how to read. You've never spoken in front of the UN and talked mad shit. You've never helped run a government; or left that government and tried to cause yet another revolution with hardly any resources. Then get caught and faced your executors with the last words : “I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.”

lol, did I say I wasn't going to get serious? I'm just kidding. You're ruthless.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

(I'm not going serious either) but we can also say that Hitler was an even more fantastic achiever, and remember that he fought on field during WWI, risked is life tons of times, and that he was a student, very cultivated as young, despite he wasn't really supported by his parents. You can also say that Al Capone was a great man, and you would be reght, but id does'nt matter. (And I protest! I am ruthless, damn!)
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

(And I protest! I am ruthless, damn!)
    Damnit, now I feel bad. Good luck on that Just don't execute anyone. We can agree that he was a bastard at least.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I think my avatar increase my credibility a lot isn't it?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

this makes me feel so young. 3rd wave y. little 90's baby.

there are 2 people my parents' age here.