User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default The GHOST thread

These are always fun. Not sure if there's been one on this particular forum. Anyways, just share experiences you've had that you have no way of explaining and that you assume was a paranormal experience. Anything related to hauntings, ghosts and things of that nature. I'm still not convinced ghosts exist but I can always hope and hearing people's stories on the subject usually = good times.

MBTI
    ISTx

Casper doesn't visit u guys?

heart on fire

Things like this are waaay too private for a public board. jmo.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Things like this are waaay too private for a public board. jmo.
    I can't imagine why... I guess there can be personal stories pertaining to the topic but in general, I'm just talking about living in a house that you thought was haunted or some legend of a nearby place that's haunted. Subjects like that. Doesn't seem personal to me. jmo.

I used to see shadow people at night when I was a kid. Just dark silhouettes sitting in the corner of the ceiling or under a table. They were usually twitching like the people in they guy's nightmares in Jacob's Ladder.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I used to see shadow people at night when I was a kid. Just dark silhouettes sitting in the corner of the ceiling or under a table. They were usually twitching like the people in they guy's nightmares in Jacob's Ladder.
    Damn. Were you terrified or didn't give a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Damn. Were you terrified or didn't give a shit?
    Sleeping sucked. I was afraid of the dark, scared of the shadow people, afraid of being abducted by aliens and had nightmares all the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i've never seen any ghosts, but sometimes i swear i see something walk behind me, and i turn around and nothing is there.

Also in my old house, every time i would be in the bathroom, the light switch would go off. You could actually watch the light switch flip off. It was creepy, but it only happened to me, so of course no one believed me.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I lived in a really old house last year and all of us who lived there lived on the second floor- at night you would always hear pacing in the attic (even though 2 of us checked it out and no one was there ) and people walking up and down the stairs all night long. One night, about 3 am, my dog stepped on me and woke me up, he was whining and such so I decided to see what the problem was. I stepped out on the landing at the same time as my housemate (one of the ones I liked) did- she complained that she smelled matches- and from the landing I smelled them too- it smelled just like someone had been lighting matches!

we walked downstairs to see where the smell was coming from and it was strongest in the foyer of the house- the light there wouldn't turn on either The weird thing was, the light turned on in the morning when we checked, and all of the doors and windows were locked, so it couldn't have been some stranger!

That house freaked me out a bit and I'm glad to have moved
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    GONE

My acquaintances lived in an old rowhouse that used to be big drug den. How do we know? Among other things, some guy in a car slowed down in front of one of the residents and told her, "Hey, my friend OD'ed in your house". Nice.

Apparently, people who crash on the coach complain of the 'weird vibes' and that its scary to sleep there. It feels like a 'face is gonna come out of the darkness at any minute'.

Then again, environments can really freak people out. I used to walk around the labryinthine basement system in college connecting all the houses together by myself at 3am just see what I could find. People reminded me that the actual homeless (and other people who aren't supposed to be there) could do me a lot more harm to me than any spirits I was expecting to find.

When I was a kid, I used to wish I was psychic and had powers. I would try really hard too, like practicing guessing the color of cards and what people were thinking.

Now, I'm REALLY GLAD that I have absolutely no psychic gifts.

I've heard from friends about their relatives who have been possessed or can see spirits - basically they're crazy. I mean, if you could never be alone and had 'people' sitting on your bed and looking through your window when you are trying to sleep and that's the first thing you see when you wake up? Damn, I'd be a little nutty too. And I think a modern psychiatry regards instances of 'possession' to be psychological not spiritual...

So if I never see a ghost for the rest of my life I'm fine. If such things exist, I'm sure I'll find out after I'm dead.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari