User Tag List

First 12

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Well, yeah, I think your Ni is there for a reason. Use it. Rely on it. Don't neglect it or tune it out or you are denying a very important part of yourself and I think doing that certainly can get you into some problem spots, as you mention it has.
    Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Pitseleh, can you post your type so members can try to help from a cognitive function perspective?
    Hypotheticallly, ENFJ. I would also like to think about it from a general perspective.

As a thought, have you considered INFJ? This would flip Ti into a tert position, making it a process that you rely more upon.

In more goofy terms, INFJs resonate to me as more thinky-feelers where many (not all) ENFJs extrovert their societal values in a controlling way, holding those values above objective logic.

Glycerine

As a thought, have you considered INFJ? This would flip Ti into a tert position, making it a process that you rely more upon.

In more goofy terms, INFJs resonate to me as more thinky-feelers where many (not all) ENFJs extrovert their societal values in a controlling way, holding those values above objective logic.
    To be honest, I have gone back and forth, back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    To be honest, I have gone back and forth, back and forth.
    Not surprising. The E/I dichotomy is a difficult one considering the sharing of the same functions but in different order (not even sure I still believe in any kind of hard coded function order). Do you have any results that you could post from a cognitive functions test? The percentages and order might help.

You know I've struggled with my own type, as in xNTJ. But most often I relate to the ENTJ downsides instead of INTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Things only seem to go well for me.. when I listen to my body and leave my mind out of it.. at least until my body quiets down.
    What I mean by going "well" is that if I Listen.. I feel liberated. Once I am liberated, it's easy to view things more objectively.

Don't ignore what your body is telling you. Don't let your mind try to interpret what your body is telling you..It likes to trick you..

Glycerine

Not surprising. The E/I dichotomy is a difficult one considering the sharing of the same functions but in different order (not even sure I still believe in any kind of hard coded function order). Do you have any results that you could post from a cognitive functions test? The percentages and order might help.

You know I've struggled with my own type, as in xNTJ. But most often I relate to the ENTJ downsides instead of INTJ.
    I keep getting INXJ and ENTJ mostly. My strongest functions supposedly Ni, Fe, Te/Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I keep getting INXJ and ENTJ mostly.
    Not the conclusion of the cognitive functions tests but the "strength" of each cognitive function.

Also, have you read Naomi Quenk's "grip" theories in her book, "Was that really me?"? It groups INFJs and INTJs which is interesting considering the conclusions of the tests taken.