User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Love About Being A Woman?

7w8 so/sx
    SLE Ti

Oh, another random one.

For my Pokewalker (basically a super geeky pedometer that trains your pokemon) I can just stick it in my bra, and no one knows that I actually have one. And then what's even better is that when I go for a run and my boobs are bouncing all over the place, it actually adds more steps than I took. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Oh, another random one.

For my Pokewalker (basically a super geeky pedometer that trains your pokemon) I can just stick it in my bra, and no one knows that I actually have one. And then what's even better is that when I go for a run and my boobs are bouncing all over the place, it actually adds more steps than I took. Woot!
    What the what.

Everything has been invented.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    My lady bits.
    ....Too easy.
    Oh, its

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Hard to say what I love about being a woman as opposed to if I were a man and loved that. But, I wasn't too keen on the physical transformation when I was younger as I preferred being undeveloped and invisible. Going from girl ---> woman is like being thrust into a spotlight. Some men can be f**king creepy beyond belief. It made me feel vulnerable in my body.
    Mmhm, yes, this is sort of what I was getting at in one part of my post. I remember being like 12 and suddenly being noticeable to whole new sectors of people (namely older boys/men) that largely ignored me before. I was in no hurry to grow up some like kids, so maybe that's why I was not thrilled about it, but it's also possible that for introverted women this newly garnered attention is especially uncomfortable....

I love that I don't feel that way anymore and instead love looking womanly...
    This too, although for me, I mainly like having a woman's body for clothing. Going shopping this past weekend with my bf just confirmed that women's clothing is far more varied & interesting overall than men's clothing.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

That I'm least likely to be suspected if I choose to do something outside of the rules/law. If there are men there, they're first on the chopping block. Not that it's right, but it is a benefit to being female.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    this probably won't be a typical answer or a PC one.....but I like being the more, well, supportive one than leading one in a relationship. I'm not talking 1950s housewife, but it suits me to let someone else lead, as long as they have my best interests in mind & I have a voice. It's less worry, less stress, less responsibility.
    I don't have an issue with that. I'm actually very similar, because I'm a "reactive" personality. I need something to play against, in order to invest and engage; I'm a lousy initiator, no matter how hard I have tried in my life. So I do well with guys are willing to be more the initiator but consider me an equal voice.

I don't really examine it from the less worry/stress/responsibility thing, though. I want to live my life and sometimes that means worry, stress, and responsibility. It's more a matter of how I function most efficiently; and, also, a lot of my natural inclination is to advise, invest, encourage, strengthen, educate, etc. IOW, not the person who is choosing the direction, but more the advisor who bolsters the leader and provides support.

I wouldn't mind being a "house" wife, in the sense my identity has never really come from my career. I like flexibility and freedom to pursue what I want, and I don't mind doing some of the no-brainer things around the house because it gives me time to think.

Quote Originally Posted by czecze
    I love being a girl. I love dressing up, I love make-up, I love curling irons, I love heels, I love frills, I love babies, I love being able to get away with cuddling small white furry dogs in public.
    Oh, you're such the foo-foo!

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar
    I like challenging people's assumptions by simply being a woman.
    I get a secret kick out of derailing expectations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I also think I have more freedom to be myself than most men, mostly in terms of emotional expression (which is a shame). Even in an area as frivolous as fashion... I can't recall the number of times a guy friend has asked, "Does this make me look girly?" I've never concerned myself with the converse and I think it's because transgressing things like that is much more serious for men. :/
    One thing about it is that even moderately feminine men are seen as "weak" in Western culture, while moderately masculine women are just seen as "tough." Guys have it harder that way.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Default girls "rule", boys drool. some of them want to use you, some of them want to be used

girls don't get drafted.

in the public sphere, we're treated kindly. almost on the level of children. we're seen as pansies, so people like to "do things for us". and people drop their guards around us and trust us more. ideal for "manipulation".

in the private sphere, not so hot. only the lucky ones get to be Daddy's Angel, most of us, well, we are Nobody's Angel. just another Cinderella.

since we're so "weak", we won't fight back, isn't that right? and you can't feel as safe as a guy, playing alone outside. since we're perceived as pansies, we become targets.

some say they rather be a girl, so for appearance. but pretty is a curse. can you simply do it "for yourself", or do you secretly desire to be an idol?

do you want to do it all for them? let them drool over you, and then devour anything they can get their hands on? and then just leave you, a rotting corpse, while they get a new one. there are many ways to die, and some can leave you with a beating heart.

or are you just that innocent, that you don't mind it? that innocent, you're okay with yourself being objects and fantasies to serve their needs? honored by the attention? maybe even loved.

and the awful painful periods.

Having babies and feeding them. I always felt this was amazing and totally stoked my self-sufficiency fetish.
    Nail art, especially on toes.
    Long, soft hair.
    Great smelling skin and all the products to make that so.
    Boobs. Even I am amazed by how they look on myself, especially in a corset of other body hugging attire.
    Eyelashes and mascara.
    I love the kissing away boo-boo superpower I have. Fortified with a cookie, they're out the door like it never happened.
    I love the freedom and flexibility I have in my own life. I made a schedule that allows me to peruse my career but I have time for family and home too. That's not so much being a woman as being in control of my own destiny.
    Super cute shoes.
    I love those big hugs and top of the head kisses I get from ENFJ man, which wouldn't be possible if he wasn't a foot taller than me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    9w1 sx

Hmm... I love that most guys are completely amazed that I'm really good at sports and fixing things. When the crib comes in I'll be the one putting it together, not the hubby.

I love my hair... I know guys can have long hair, but it's just not the same. French twists, pigtails, and French braids!

I love the many ways my hubby can compliment me on my looks... And with a guy there's really only one word that I can compliment him with that doesn't make him cringe or feel like a wuss.

And... of course... This:

I'm acutely aware of our vulnerabilities and inequalities. And I'm especially sensitive on how I am/we are judged, and how I/we will not be judged.

I don't think we are as free as we say. We are bound to certain norms.

Beauty is indeed a virtue that comes with great sacrifice for little gain.

Fuck. I don't think I like being a woman. I'd rather float in a genderless vortex and be beautiful and feel beautiful things... in an ISFP heaven of sorts.

I hate valuing subjective beauty as much as I do.

But as for liking being a woman... I like that I can be considered deviant so easily. For enjoying food. For forgoing makeup and fancy clothes and hour-long-hair. For driving too fast. For lusting openly. For not manipulating. For getting angry and violent. For being silent. For walking off when others are crying. For not taking shit and not being self-sacrificing. For standing up and screaming "FUCK OFF!"

a cat is fine too