First 816171819 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Can you give some examples of how this has played out for you? I still don't really understand where you're going with this. Do you mean something like, you've experienced bias or something, so now you're a more X person?

If so, I'm also not really sure how this is all that different from the things that other people have shared in the thread. Most of them are related to growing up in a female culture.
    Hey! I'll answer your questions soon. It's hard trying to assign words to an experience and it'll take some time, but I'll do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Substantiate your claim that driving isn't dangerous. It's no different than neptune negating many different experiences that other female members have expressed with her own box.

And why should women have to defend their experiences about loving even the superficial differences? We're celebrating ourselves, not defending our individuality, superficiality, depth, scientific knowledge to others.
    Hah! So by pointing out that your experience isn't the only one that matters I'm putting you in a box now Jenaphor? Please. You've been the most vocal one in this thread. Dominating it, in fact. I'm surprised anyone else can get a post in edgewise. :rolli:

Oh and btw when we "celebrate ourselves" we're exploring identity, difference, and individuality. Those concerns are bound to surface because of basic human variation. But then again, I am talking to someone who thinks sociology is a "pseudo science" so I'm not exactly sure why I'm still expecting insightful posts from you.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Hah! So by pointing out that your experience isn't the only one that matters I'm putting you in a box now Jenaphor? Please. You've been the most vocal one in this thread. Dominating it, in fact. I'm surprised anyone else can get a post in edgewise. :rolli:

Oh and btw when we "celebrate ourselves" we're exploring identity, difference, and individuality. Those concerns are bound to surface because of basic human variation. But then again, I am talking to someone who thinks sociology is a "pseudo science" so I'm not exactly sure why I'm still expecting insightful posts from you.
    Could you show me where I negated every one else's experiences about loving being a woman which is the actual reason for this thread, rather than the meaning of being a woman? Ummm...duh, it's no surprise that I've dominated this thread since I'm the thread starter which means it's of interest to me and potentially others.

There's a thread started for individuals who want to discuss the meaning of being a woman, rather than this particular thread topic which is about what women love about being women. Have at it with your deep and insightful, non-superfical thoughts. I sit waiting in suspense of who can flesh out their non-superficiality, pun intended!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Now, while these aren't at the height of fashion, another reason why I love being a woman!
    Aside from the fact you could stick a torch in my hand while wearing these and people would mistake my towering self for the Statue of Liberty, I think they're pretty cool.

I did buy three pairs of shoes today, on a lark, but I chose more convenience: Two pairs of sandals and one pair of pretty pink ballet flats. (My first pink pair of shoes either... along with my first pink shirt I'll wear to work once it gets warmer out.)

Quote Originally Posted by entropie
    Driving isnt dangerous to me because it isnt. People and the combination of thoese in traffic are dangerous.
    Lol. I'll make sure I go driving when no people are on the road, then.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Aside from the fact you could stick a torch in my hand while wearing these and people would mistake my towering self for the Statue of Liberty, I think they're pretty cool.

I did buy three pairs of shoes today, on a lark, but I chose more convenience: Two pairs of sandals and one pair of pretty pink ballet flats. (My first pink pair of shoes either... along with my first pink shirt I'll wear to work once it gets warmer out.)
    Hey, us midgets need to boost our lack of height and what better way to do it than shoes that are sex personified!

Your shoes sound lovely. Someone's itching for spring!

I do have a soft spot for shoes-shoes-shoes. It's so cliché, but it's completely true. I don't dress up my toesies much though because I don't go out a lot.

I /second enjoying the freedom to use my wardrobe and beauty aids as artistic palettes and my body as a canvas without judgment.

Also, spontaneous singing and dancing get less critical looks for us than men.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hey, us midgets need to boost our lack of height and what better way to do it than shoes that are sex personified!
    Your shoes sound lovely. Someone's itching for spring!
    Ain't that the truth.

It's been grey and rainy here, but still in the low 50's (I think) and I went into the store wearing no coat, and just a hoodie for warmth.

When I came out, I realized I just couldn't wait until spring, so I kicked off my converses and tossed on a pair of sandals. It was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The singing prince in "Enchanted" gets away with it... but he's still looked at as endearingly goofy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I do have a soft spot for shoes-shoes-shoes. It's so cliché, but it's completely true. I don't dress up my toesies much though because I don't go out a lot.

I /second enjoying the freedom to use my wardrobe and beauty aids as artistic palettes and my body as a canvas without judgment.

*little girl scream of delight*

You have great taste in boots!

*starts surfing Internetz for where to buy them*

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

It's been grey and rainy here, but still in the low 50's (I think) and I went into the store wearing no coat, and just a hoodie for warmth.

When I came out, I realized I just couldn't wait until spring, so I kicked off my converses and tossed on a pair of sandals. It was wonderful.
    Rebel but in a good way! Wimpy here would be afraid to get wet and shivery.

MBTI
    ENTP

Why I love to be a woman:

- I can make sexist jokes without 7/8 of the population thinking I'm sexist. Even if we make jokes about men, they aren't perceived as oppressing but as funny. Which is of course the intention.
    - I can dress nicely without strangling myself (necktie). There are clothes between "overly formal" and "lazy slob". Though there ARE torture tools as women's clothing (high heels, nylon,...) nobody will be offended if you don't wear them.
    - I'm able to do both theoretical physics and cooking without loss of respect. Compare that to a man liking fashion.
    - And of course, I don't have to shave.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Eh.
    Sometimes I look at my boobs and I'm like, ughgodwhatarethesegodawfulthings.
    But then others, I'm like...*petergriffin* Hehehe, BOOBS!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh, its
    You