User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Well of course you see us coming. These LED light up sneakers aren't for OUR entertainment!
    sort of like Blackbeard with the burning matches stuck under his hat?

We don't buy into your stock fraud, too busy discussing the theoretical implications of quantum physics on the consistency of new varieties of spaghetti sauce!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    We don't buy into your stock fraud, too busy discussing the theoretical implications of quantum physics on the consistency of new varieties of spaghetti sauce!
    Fraud, FRAUD? The pump and dump theory is time tested! It works like a hot damn. Try it, you'll like it.

Pffttt...tomatoes will not stand up to Schrodinger's equation, at least in its purest form. They'll rot over time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Nah, the tomatos don't exactly rot over time, they are both fresh and rotten as long as you don't open the can. How do you recon the chances of meatballs spontaneously materializing in the sauce? Our labs are still working on that one.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Neptune: nah, you aren't. Of course there is more to our existence, but I tend to think that goes beyond such frivolous things.
    Oh yes, I agree. I just find it interesting that out of six pages of text (about 110 posts in) this discussion has focused much more on the physical and the aspects of our femininity that have mostly been assigned to us instead of those with which we've assigned to ourselves and see as an expression of our individual idea of "woman." But I guess even that's hard to discern in and of itself, really...

/pensive

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    This thread can be as deep or light as you want it to be, about loving being a woman. If you have deeper thoughts, feel free to express them.
    Hah, okay, I should probably clarify. In remarking on the general direction of this thread, I care far less about whether this particular space will welcome my "deeper thoughts" on what I love about being a woman than I do about hearing more diverse opinions. It was just an observation, and one I purposely left open to interpretation since I feel personally conflicted about fundamental questions concerning "womanhood" and "manhood." Essentially, I guess what I'm suggesting is yes to some extent I agree the things I mentioned earlier are a part of our experience as women, but I'm curiouswhat about that other stuff. I mean, what even is that other stuff that allows us to comfortably identify as "woman"?

...I sound like a madwoman who is now horribly derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    That's called the human experience and I'm sure there's a thread on that too.
    Well, gosh. Excuse me. I should have just stuffed glitter in my eyes and posted a bit more about how much I love my tits since it's what I'm suh'posed to do, anyway.

I'll keep it in mind for next time for sure!

Are meatballs materialising a euphenism for somethings else? It's the perfect platform for a crude joke!

Anyways, you're fun Red! 'Tis part of the pleasure of being a woman, connecting with other women.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Hah, okay, I should probably clarify. In remarking on the general direction of this thread, I care far less about whether this particular space will welcome my "deeper thoughts" on what I love about being a woman than I do about hearing more diverse opinions. It was just an observation, and one I purposely left open to interpretation since I feel personally conflicted about fundamental questions concerning "womanhood" and "manhood." Essentially, I guess what I'm suggesting is yes to some extent I agree the things I mentioned earlier are a part of our experience as women, but I'm curiouswhat about that other stuff. I mean, what even is that other stuff that allows us to comfortably identify as "woman"?

If you want to drill down that far, aren't we human first, then subcategorically women?

All input is welcome but the intent is to enjoy subcategorically being a woman for whatever your personal reasons are. And each woman will have a different experience. If you question your womanhood, do express why you question it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh yes, I agree. I just find it interesting that out of six pages of text (about 110 posts in) this discussion has focused much more on the physical and the aspects of our femininity that have mostly been assigned to us instead of those with which we've assigned to ourselves and see as an expression of our individual idea of "woman." But I guess even that's hard to discern in and of itself, really...

/pensive
    I choose lipgloss, scented lotion, and cats for myself. I take issue with you saying I do not. I could choose to not wear make-up, or to love dogs, or to paint my face with white clown make-up every day if I wanted to.

But strawberry lipgloss is the bomb.

Well, gosh. Excuse me. I should have just stuffed glitter in my eyes and posted a bit more about how much I love my tits since it's what I'm suh'posed to do, anyway.

I'll keep it in mind for next time for sure!
    It must be really hard to be an INFP. It seems so tiring to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't have an issue with that. I'm actually very similar, because I'm a "reactive" personality. I need something to play against, in order to invest and engage; I'm a lousy initiator, no matter how hard I have tried in my life. So I do well with guys are willing to be more the initiator but consider me an equal voice.
    Yes....this is what I mean, basically.

I don't really examine it from the less worry/stress/responsibility thing, though. I want to live my life and sometimes that means worry, stress, and responsibility. It's more a matter of how I function most efficiently; and, also, a lot of my natural inclination is to advise, invest, encourage, strengthen, educate, etc. IOW, not the person who is choosing the direction, but more the advisor who bolsters the leader and provides support.
    For me, it's about stress/worry/responsibility over things I'm not naturally inclined to think about. It's not like I'd want some child-parent relationship - that's creepy.

I've taken care of myself 100% (I can do the practical stuff just fine) and was mostly content, but there were significant aspects I ignored that might have given me a fuller life. For example, I'm not the kind to plan social activities with friends or invite people over. I tend to take off on my own spontaneously to go places instead of planning it with friends/family. In a relationship, I like when the other person takes the initiative to plan stuff like that. I don't really care if they decide where we go to eat or what movie we see, because I wouldn't be going on my own anyway. I'd be holed up at home with a book or something, rather isolated from other people. If I do get an idea of my own that I want to act on with someone, then I definitely would like someone who is open to that also though.

And frankly, I am bad at creating structure & tend to resist routines. But if someone does plan a few things here & there throughout the week, with generous leeway of course, then it creates a sort of framework for me to fill in with my own ideas. I'll get more of my own goals accomplished that way - I suppose it makes me more aware of time passing. I'd be lost in a haze otherwise.

I wouldn't mind being a "house" wife, in the sense my identity has never really come from my career. I like flexibility and freedom to pursue what I want, and I don't mind doing some of the no-brainer things around the house because it gives me time to think.
    I meant 1950s housewife in the sense of what all that concept embodies, especially the husband/wife dynamic. There's nothing degrading about being a house wife. I could easily fill my time with productive things & my own little creative projects as well, and I like some of the traditional home care duties like cooking & decorating anyway.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I think men got the better end of the gender stick.
    Freud and pregnancy tests came to mind with this assertion.
    a cat is fine too

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Could you give some examples of what you mean here?

I'm thinking that if we've assigned the things ourselves, is it not expressing "me" rather than "woman"? Like I can say "I love being able to appreciate a sunset" but I can't say "I love being a woman because I can appreciate sunsets because I'm a woman" because that makes no sense....you know?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?
    -end of thread-