User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I'm not sure why I feel this way or what exactly I expected to find in here, but this thread kind of depresses me. I'm finding it hard to relate to some of the qualifies being pegged as uniquely "woman." I mean, yeah, dresses are cool, make-up is cool, boobs can be cool sometimes I guess, but generally I'd like to think there's more to our experience than just these mostly superficial, gendered things.

Am I alone in this feeling? Because it def feels that way.
    That's called the human experience and I'm sure there's a thread on that too.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Glad you mentioned it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Okay, off the cuff and in no particular order:

- the ability to not turn serious debates into pissing contests but focus on the issue (yay for moderate testosteron levels)
    - as other NT ladies have mentioned, a decent T/F balance
    - not having to wear a suit to more formal occasions and having more freedom of choice with our wardrobe
    - my small body needs little food and even less alcohol to become tipsy...this one is a real money savor!
    - my small fingers can untie tight little knots big man hands can't handle (they have their advantages on other occasion of course)
    - the ability to give birth and nourish a newborn (haven't done it yet, but is reportedly a big one)
    - having it comparatively easy to get sex when I want to
    - multiple orgasms
    - significantly lower risk of getting my reproductive organs painfully mashed up
    - lower risk of many hereditary deseases, the double X is really cool in that regard
    - so many details to love about the curvy body
    - this is sort of double edged, but: never getting searched by cops or border police because you look so friggin harmless they go for the guy with the shabby cloths instead and generally being treated more politely by them
    - sometimes being given more leniency to be playful
    - people having lower expectations at least means you get to suprise them and kick their ass once in a while
    - not being harassed for not caring about sports or preferring a night with a good book over a football game or a loud party
    - having better language skills, I love language
    - letting out the little girl with the curious eyes once in a while that still doesn't know what is supposed to be male or female or T or F or silly or serious and that likes Dickensian romance as much as dinosaurs and astrolabs and let her climb a tree or jump into a puddle like she used to before I put her back into the pocket and put on my adult face
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Higher pain tolerance.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring
    letting out the little girl with the curious eyes once in a while that still doesn't know what is supposed to be male or female or T or F or silly or serious and that likes Dickensian romance as much as dinosaurs and astrolabs and let her climb a tree or jump into a puddle like she used to before I put her back into the pocket and put on my adult face
    We should have our big-eyed little girls get together sometime to play in the mud.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Can I play too? I promise not to carve the sandbox into fiefdoms.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Can I play too? I promise not to carve the sandbox into fiefdoms.
    Do it! I'll back you up! We'll own!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Okay, off the cuff and in no particular order:

- the ability to not turn serious debates into pissing contests but focus on the issue (yay for moderate testosteron levels)
    - as other NT ladies have mentioned, a decent T/F balance
    - not having to wear a suit to more formal occasions and having more freedom of choice with our wardrobe
    - my small body needs little food and even less alcohol to become tipsy...this one is a real money savor!
    - my small fingers can untie tight little knots big man hands can't handle (they have their advantages on other occasion of course)
    - the ability to give birth and nourish a newborn (haven't done it yet, but is reportedly a big one)
    - having it comparatively easy to get sex when I want to
    - multiple orgasms
    - significantly lower risk of getting my reproductive organs painfully mashed up
    - lower risk of many hereditary deseases, the double X is really cool in that regard
    - so many details to love about the curvy body
    - this is sort of double edged, but: never getting searched by cops or border police because you look so friggin harmless they go for the guy with the shabby cloths instead and generally being treated more politely by them
    - sometimes being given more leniency to be playful
    - people having lower expectations at least means you get to suprise them and kick their ass once in a while
    - not being harassed for not caring about sports or preferring a night with a good book over a football game or a loud party
    - having better language skills, I love language
    - letting out the little girl with the curious eyes once in a while that still doesn't know what is supposed to be male or female or T or F or silly or serious and that likes Dickensian romance as much as dinosaurs and astrolabs and let her climb a tree or jump into a puddle like she used to before I put her back into the pocket and put on my adult face
    I love this.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Do it! I'll back you up! We'll own!
    You, m'lady are such a pot stirrer which is part of why I adore you!

ThatGirl

To be honest there isn't too much I actually LOVE about being a woman. I think men got the better end of the gender stick.

The things I can think of.....better shoes, and the ability to make ourselves look prettier than we actually are.

And last but not least.......the men.

*Don't hurt me!