First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ROFL. Probably best to avoid hanging yourself with comments like that.
    Sisterhood, in feminism, doesn't really exist outside of racial and socioeconomic lines. There is a HUGE problem of women in power talking for and representing other women whose problems/issues they really know nothing about.

Speaking pragmatically, I don't think that anyone can do anything they set their mind to. I think that's... naive and unfair. To assume that original assumption is to say that all people that have failed have done so because they weren't good enough or didn't work hard enough. It also places the unfair label of superwoman to all women. I don't wanna be no superwoman! I want to be free to make mistakes and refuse to take on the world on my back. I'm just a human like everyone else.

A lot of women cannot do everything and anything. There are things out of our control. To not identify it is to blame the victims. Victims isn't the right word here... but you know what I mean.
    a cat is fine too

Look chacha, you've already been wrong with your assumptions. And once again, you're wrong with the socioeconomic and racial parts. Nowhere have I said I was representing all women or that I was promoting being a superwoman. The encouragement I've expressed, is from my personal experiences. It's every woman's or human being's choice to take responsibility for their own lives or not. They can look at hardships as yokes or they can view them as challenges to conquer. They can mire themselves in victimhood or they can be resilient, much like a reed that bends but doesn't break. It's not that complicated or impossible a task.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    Sisterhood, in feminism, doesn't really exist outside of racial and socioeconomic lines. There is a HUGE problem of women in power talking for and representing other women whose problems/issues they really know nothing about.
    That's nice. You missed my point: I'm pretty sure you screwed up at least half the ways you described the poster.
    Why are you assuming things about her?

Speaking pragmatically, I don't think that anyone can do anything they set their mind to. I think that's... naive and unfair. To assume that original assumption is to say that all people that have failed have done so because they weren't good enough or didn't work hard enough. It also places the unfair label of superwoman to all women. I don't wanna be no superwoman! I want to be free to make mistakes and refuse to take on the world on my back. I'm just a human like everyone else.
    You're probably viewing this through a different scope.

It was clear to me that we were just discussing things that someone would be reasonably capable of... and rather than specialized ability or external pressures, more about volition and self-choice. Of course there are also other factors that might influence someone's success or failure beyond their control. But that has nothing to do with volition, which is the personal choice on whether or not to even try.

I think that if someone tries with the right attitude, even if they fail, they still gain from the experience (if they were acting out of their own volition / center of will) and have a different mindset than victim mindset.

A lot of women cannot do everything and anything. There are things out of our control. To not identify it is to blame the victims. Victims isn't the right word here... but you know what I mean.
    I know what you mean, but to me, it's like, "Uh... well, yeah, but... that wasn't what was being referred to."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Look chacha, you've already been wrong with your assumptions. And once again, you're wrong with the socioeconomic and racial parts.
    That's not an assumption. If you're saying I'm wrong, please provide proof of this. Feminism is very particular to racial and socioeconomic lines. There is a continual rift between black, asian, latina, and white feminism. A big rift between working class, middle class, and upper class feminism. Their interests are not the same and, at times, are against each other.

Nowhere have I said I was representing all women or that I was promoting being a superwoman. The encouragement I've expressed, is from my personal experiences. It's every woman's or human being's choice to take responsibility for their own lives or not. They can look at hardships as yokes or they can view them as challenges to conquer. They can mire themselves in victimhood or they can be resilient, much like a reed that bends but doesn't break. It's not that complicated or impossible a task.
    There are logical implications in your statements. You are basically blaming every woman in the world for their situations. For the starving, AIDS-riddled women in Africa, it is their fault for living in war-torn areas, getting raped, and being hungry and poor.

I think we're viewing this at different angles. You're saying A - which also means NOT A. I'm seeing NOT A, and am taking issue. NOT A is not a universal truth. A is a banner that many people have embraced for many years, but has many implications that most people don't bother thinking about, but are at the forefront of Women of Color feminism academic writing presently.

We really are looking at it completely differently, through entirely different lenses. I am looking at it from an academic, Women of Color, feminism lens.
    a cat is fine too

You're right. How in the world could I possibly understand what it's like to be an academic Woman of Colour?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    You're right. How in the world could I possibly understand what it's like to be an academic Woman of Colour?
    I'll take it!

But really... it's Woman of Color feminism. Just because one is a WoC doesn't mean they're a feminist.

I know... I'm dragging it out. I'll shut up now.
    a cat is fine too

So, now that's all settled, shall we go back to the topic at hand about what you love about being a woman?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Jenaphor: I only saw you mention what you love about being a woman, not an ENTJ woman!
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

So ladies, what do you enjoy about being a woman, regardless of MBTI type, colour, religion or sexual preference?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Soft lips.

Er...that's really about all there is haha. Males have less junkage, which makes life easier. Dresses are nice....mmmm breezes.

I like making the men bow down to my powers of appeal...that is cool too.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex